JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   A heads-up for RV owners (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/heads-up-rv-owners-1725666/)

MY03RUBI 10-26-2013 05:15 PM

A heads-up for RV owners

FWIW:

A few months back I purchased a lighted rear vent from a vendor on eBay. When I did the feedback thing I gave him poor marks for not answering multiple emails. Fast forward to earlier this week when I tried to order a front vent only to find out that the same vendor restricted me from doing business with them. I called the vendor and was told the restriction was placed by eBay (later shown to be a lie) so I called them. They told me that, according to their records, eBay hadn't placed any restrictions on me and that the vendor had done it so I needed to talk to them. I again talked to the vendor about removing the restriction and was refused due to the negative feedback. This brings up two points: 1) the vendor lied to me about who placed the restriction and 2) if a vendor can retaliate for negative feedback, just how valid are the vendor ratings. The business is Class A Customs dba (doing business as) oem_rvparts on eBay.

commodore_dude 10-26-2013 05:27 PM

Why in the world would you buy something else from a seller on eBay after you already gave them negative feedback?

jumbojeepman 10-26-2013 07:19 PM

I'm with the replier here. Why would you choose to do business with a company you already have had a problem with? I also wouldn't call the 'retaliation', just sound business. Why deal with a customer who you know is going to cause you problems? Retaliation is if they give you bad feedback just because you give them negative feedback (which incidentally a seller can no longer even do, their only recourse is to do what they did - refuse further business with you.)

cory4um 10-26-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 17177610)
Why in the world would you buy something else from a seller on eBay after you already gave them negative feedback?

My first thought also...

91YJ4X4 10-27-2013 08:12 AM

Sellers live and die by their feedback on site like EBay. I wouldn't do business with someone who gave me neg feedback. The small profit on one item is not worth the potential of yet another neg feedback.

chowner 10-28-2013 01:51 AM

Great business sense. Screw your coustomer over and if they have an issue with that just ignore them, refuse them and then hope for new customers.

jumbojeepman 10-29-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chowner (Post 17211874)
Great business sense. Screw your coustomer over and if they have an issue with that just ignore them, refuse them and then hope for new customers.

Doesn't sound like he was 'screwed over' the first transaction, just didn't answer multiple e-mails.

MY03RUBI 10-30-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumbojeepman (Post 17257594)
Doesn't sound like he was 'screwed over' the first transaction, just didn't answer multiple e-mails.

You seem to be the only reply that got it right. Two points: 1) Why ask for feedback so you can improve your business if you don't take it to heart and use it instead of refusing to do business with the person who didn't say what you wanted to hear. Besides it makes the rating system eBay uses appear bogus. 2) At the time I didn't realize it was the same vendor I'd ordered from 9 months earlier. I had no problem with the product, just the piss-poor customer service.

Mobile_Homie 10-30-2013 02:50 PM

You know, replacing a roof vent is a straight forward project. You stated the product was fine. Where is the poor customer service? Too long to ship? I fail to see the issue.

MY03RUBI 10-30-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie (Post 17296370)
You know, replacing a roof vent is a straight forward project. You stated the product was fine. Where is the poor customer service? Too long to ship? I fail to see the issue.

How does the failure to answer 2 emails sent thru eBays own "question the vendor" system not qualify as poor customer service?

The time now is 07:34 PM.