Hate the Pats - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Hate the Pats

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #121
JeepinMass

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J Fry
Not a joke. It was touched on from time to time when the Colts were dong it but not with nearly as much attention or saturation. I hold no particular favor to either team, but it's been shoved in our faces since week 7 and I'm a bit sick of it, mostly as a purist because I really don't think they will go 16-0. Even if they do, the odds that they will lose in the playoffs will be even greater. When Moss was on the Vikings team that went 15-1, they lost their first game in the playoffs in the divisional round at home.

Hype is just retarded.
The colts got HUGE hype for those couple years when they went 10-0 and 11-0. The only reason the pats are getting more is because they are steamrolling teams and they have a legitimate shot. Let's not forget the pats of the last 5years beat teams by playing good D. Just because they score 40 doesn't mean the D is any worse. The pats are 6th in the league on D.

As far as 1998 goes the NFC was stacked. You make it sound like the vikings lost to a garbage team. They lost to a 14-2 Falcons. There were 5 or 6 NFC teams with 10 wins in the playoffs that year. The Falcons had I believe the #3 defense in the NFL that year.

With the injuries the Colts have the AFC is a lot easier to win for the Pats. The only tough game the Pats SHOULD have is with the Steelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBastard
Yes please post the games stats.

Unread 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #122
ChaoticBastard
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMass
The colts got HUGE hype for those couple years when they went 10-0 and 11-0. The only reason the pats are getting more is because they are steamrolling teams and they have a legitimate shot. Let's not forget the pats of the last 5years beat teams by playing good D. Just because they score 40 doesn't mean the D is any worse. The pats are 6th in the league on D.

As far as 1998 goes the NFC was stacked. You make it sound like the vikings lost to a garbage team. They lost to a 14-2 Falcons. There were 5 or 6 NFC teams with 10 wins in the playoffs that year. The Falcons had I believe the #3 defense in the NFL that year.

With the injuries the Colts have the AFC is a lot easier to win for the Pats. The only tough game the Pats SHOULD have is with the Steelers.

yes,The eagles had more of everything. Not by much but their stats are better side by side.
MetalHead Jeep Club Member #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo
what's wrong with bombing poor people? It has all the awesomeness of bombing combined with removal of crime. It's like a win win situation.
Unwad your panties
ChaoticBastard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #123
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Until they actually go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, everyone is just wasting their fingers/breath/bandwidth. Most coaches will go conservative to save injury after locking up a division or conference berth for the playoff stretch, but something tells me Captain Hoodie will keep his starters in all the way through Week 17.

If they get it, good for them. But all of this pre-emptive speculation is worthless and detracting from other great stories around the league.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #124
Snuffster

Quote:
yes,The eagles had more of everything.
More fumbles and interceptions. The most important stats.

[QUOTE=LandRover]That was my master's degree talking. [/QUOTE]
Snuffster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #125
ChaoticBastard
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffster
More fumbles and interceptions. The most important stats.

Yes the only thing that lost them the game. This is a pissing contest and not worth it. But I stand by my prediction that the pats will NOT make it to the super bowl. And they are not the best team ever. I didnt know you were a Pats fan Snuffy.
Quote:
what's wrong with bombing poor people? It has all the awesomeness of bombing combined with removal of crime. It's like a win win situation.
Unwad your panties
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #126
Snuffster

Quote:
Yes the only thing that lost them the game. This is a pissing contest and not worth it. But I stand by my prediction that the pats will NOT make it to the super bowl. And they are not the best team ever. I didnt know you were a Pats fan Snuffy.
Turnovers are kind of a major thing, there I'm not a Pats fan. But I know the game of football.

Unread 11-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #127
ChaoticBastard
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Turnovers are kind of a major thing, there I'm not a Pats fan. But I know the game of football.

Well my dog is better then your dog.
Quote:
Unwad your panties
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #128
Snuffster

Quote:
Well my dog is better then your dog.
Yeah, you need to spin away from the subject of football. Smart move, Mr. The Eagles Had More Of Everything (including 5 more turnovers)

Unread 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #129
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Yeah, you need to spin away from the subject of football. Smart move, Mr. The Eagles Had More Of Everything (including 5 more turnovers)
Recovered fumbles aren't turnovers.

Feeley had three interceptions, the last of which was pretty understandable since it was a do or die play, the other two he should have avoided but seriously, how much of a massacre would it have been with McNabb at QB?
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #130
Drparj
2001 WJ 

stats don't win games. Look for yourself at the score and stop the bull about the QB gave them the game, he is part of the team and a mistake on his part yes, but still a team mistake and it helped to loose them the game. Pats have beat many other teams in last few minutes without getting an interception. QB had a bad pass and Pats where on it, maybe a lesser team would not have seen the bad pass and not even caught it. Better teams capitilize on all mistakes, better teams win. Nuf said.
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #131
JeepinMass

2008 JK Wrangler 

are you guys blind. How did the eagles have more of everything. They had less yard, first downs, and less time of possession. They also had more punts. The only thing the eagles were better at was running the football, 4th down conversion, and less penalties.
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #132
Snuffster

Quote:
The only thing the eagles were better at was running the football, 4th down conversion, and less penalties.
Actually, the eagles were worse at rushing. And NE had 24 points on the board before their first running play.

Unread 11-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #133
JeepinMass

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually, the eagles were worse at rushing. And NE had 24 points on the board before their first running play.
Are you even looking at the rushing stats. 55yds for the Eagles to the Pats 48yds. Not much of an advantage but still.
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #134
Snuffster

Quote:
Are you even looking at the rushing stats. 55yds for the Eagles to the Pats 48yds. Not much of an advantage but still.
Having more running plays does not equate to being better at running the football. Yards per rush. They both were weak, but Philly was not better.

Unread 11-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #135
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And he wants a Master's Degree from LandRover....

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.