Has this happened to anybody else? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Has this happened to anybody else?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 01-05-2002, 06:06 PM   #1
Falcone

Has this happened to anybody else?

Hello all,

I just wanted to share my day with some people that might apprieciate what I went through....

I woke up this morning with a Jeep tent on my mind, you know the kind that attach to the back of my cherokee. I visited several dealers in town to find such an item and kept finding my eye's attracked to the TJ section of the car lot. I just kept finding myself admiring these jeeps all morning while I was traveling from dealership to dealership looking for this tent to go on my '00 XJ. I finally found the tent at the dealership where I bought my XJ, and left there feeling great that I got my tent. Now, the weird part... I couldn't resist the powerfull urge to keep looking at the used TJ's, and knowing that my wife has been wanting a Jeep of her own to make into a mudder, she was just as interested in the flock of jeeps as I. Well, I'll tell ya we ended up her driving the XJ home and me driving the 99 TJ home (because she doesn't know how to drive a standard). Officially this new one is her's and the XJ is mine, but for the next couple of weeks it is mine.

N E Way, has this happened to anyone else? Has the Jeep bug grabbed anyone so much? I went out for a tent, and came home with a tent _and_ another Jeep...

Now to teach the wife how to wheel...*grin*

The Jeep Thing has really taken over this Mid-West (KCMO) couple...

Laters...
Falcone

2000 XJ Sport (His)
-3" Superlift
-30x9.5's
-Rusty's Front tow hooks

1999 TJ Sport (Hers)
-ClassIII tow hitch
-30x9.5 Contra's
Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2002, 03:05 AM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I WISH.
I was talking to my GF about trading the truck in on a Jeep of some sort and her only input was that a mid-80's porsche (like the blue one in Office Space) would be really cute. I would like one too, but let's get real here. I checked prices and $13.5k is where they're at around here. That's more than twice what I'm looking at. Maybe she should trade her '92 Jetta in on one.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I tried to talk my wife into a sports car and she insisted on a Jeep. She went out and picked out a ZJ. Hey, it's cool. She's not inclined to build it so that sits well with me. We already have a trail machine, and I don't want to have two rigs to be worried about getting thru the trail. I'd rather share the driving duties and make sure we get our rig thru, than double the odds of trouble on the trail. Besides, when ya consider how much it costs, it's better to have one that's as good as it can be than two that are half the upgrade budget each.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
s4b1106

When my wife and I tied the knot 'bout 15 years ago, I sold my 240Z project car to keep her MGB roadster going. Since then, she has continually talked about getting a Jeep. I (the mechanic of the two) wanted nothing to do with one as I had heard all kinds of horror stories with Jeeps. She finally got her wish, a beat up '80 CJ-5. Damn! This is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven!! I am now thinking I need one, too! One for street (hers) and one for the hills!!
s4b1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2002, 10:19 AM   #5
Wayne M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I tell ya, my wife and I have always wanted a jeep. Me, because I hunt and have a very heavy diesel truck that sometimes feels like an anchor in the mud and slush and her because of the convertible aspect. My uncle just bought a 2002 Wrangler X and that just set the fire.

Two days after Christmas we bought a 2002 Wrangler X, also. So far I love it. Oh and she does too. Can't wait until it is warm enough to take the top off!!!!
2002 Jeep Wrangler X ...... well it was an X when I bought it, but it has grown up just a bit!.........2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab "King Ranch"..........1998 Honda Fourtrax 300............2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 05:52 AM   #6
fasterfuel

I was bitten by the TJ bug much the same way. My dad bought a 2001 TJ last year and sent it to a friend of ours shop in Nashville for a "few" bolt ons as he called them. When it came back it was truly amazing, still had a nice street ride, truly amazing on the trail. Anyway Christmas week my Dad asked me to ride along with him to the Jeep dealership to look at a Grand Cherokee for his girlfriend. Next thing I know I am driving away in a 02 Sahara and making phone calls to my friend in Nashville to schedule it in for a buildup. That trip to the dealer was my downfall.

2004 Rubicon
fasterfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 07:54 AM   #7
Falcone

I LOVE MY NEW JEEP. I have been an XJ lover for the majority of my driving life, but I have got to say that driving a TJ for the first time has altered my Jeep perspective. I love the way it rides, handles, looks and feels... It is AWESOME. I can't wait to take this thing out and about for a little fun. It will be tough turning it over to the wife and taking the XJ back in a couple of weeks...

fasterfuel, I guess when you add a mod... you really go all out... haha... Nice rig setup it sounds like. But osburn is right on for me about half-assin two Jeep's...better to set one up right, then move on the the second one. I am going to finish my mods on DA_STOCKER (My XJ) before moving on to the TJ (except maybe for some essentials like a CB and tow/recovery stuff).

I don't have many friends that like to go wheelin'... they all have 4 wheel drives, but mostly for getting groceries . They are all saying now that I bought another Jeep just so I would have someone to go out and play with (I HATE going wheeling with just one vehicle). I did, however, recently join a Jeep club locally (KCJeepClub.com) and am looking forward to doing some playing with them.

Thanks for the support....

Fal

2000 XJ Sport (His)
-3" Superlift
-30x9.5's
-Rusty's Front tow hooks

1999 TJ Sport (Hers)
-ClassIII tow hitch
-30x9.5 Contra's
Unread 01-09-2002, 02:07 PM   #8
Wayne M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey fasterfuel......

I assume you live in the Nashville area...I live on the upper coast of Texas and I am planning on driving to Nashville for a week sometime in April. I will be pulling my Jeep.

Can you tell me of some fun areas to go riding in a Jeep that time of year? Just trying to plan the trip, you know, make it worthwhile to bring the Jeep along. I'm not looking for super serious mudding, but just some easy going, cool places that a Jeep just has to go.

Thanks.wm
2002 Jeep Wrangler X ...... well it was an X when I bought it, but it has grown up just a bit!.........2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab "King Ranch"..........1998 Honda Fourtrax 300............2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES
Unread 01-09-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
manhattanjeep

Falcone, if you are ever in the manhattan area, on your way to the ORV at Randolph, I know your club comes out here, drop me an email before you come, and I would love to join you on the trail, assuming that I am not fixing my jeep.
Unread 01-09-2002, 03:01 PM   #10
Falcone

Well, The wife wants to go to the ORV park out there the first weekend of Feb to camp overnight (She love cold weather camping) and play on Saturday (camp Fri night and Sat night, return to KC on Sunday Morning). I am still looking for a camping spot, but I think there is a public campground around there somewhere (or so I'm told).

It would be kewl.... are you the guy that has the Blue XJ that broke the spider gears last year? I went with Ray and some guys and we met somebody in a blue XJ from Manhatten out there...I have a near stock/2000/Red/XJ/Sport. I was the newbie that tagged along with all you modded pro's.

-|Fal|

2000 XJ Sport (His)
-3" Superlift
-30x9.5's
-Rusty's Front tow hooks

1999 TJ Sport (Hers)
-ClassIII tow hitch
-30x9.5 Contra's
Unread 01-09-2002, 03:53 PM   #11
Falcone

n/m, just noticed your sig...

2000 XJ Sport (His)
-3" Superlift
-30x9.5's
-Rusty's Front tow hooks

1999 TJ Sport (Hers)
-ClassIII tow hitch
-30x9.5 Contra's
Unread 01-09-2002, 08:35 PM   #12
fasterfuel

Wayne M,

I dont live around Nashville, but I do spend a fair amount of time in Middle TN four wheelin. I work a month on and a month off which is great for traveling to fourwheelin spots. As for places to wheel in the Nashville area, there are many but Monteagle is great. It is about an hour east of Nashville and has all the trails you want, from mild to wild. This area hosts the Rosser Roundup, TOR Challenge and many other off road events each year. Bob Hazel of Sports in The Rough is based there as well. You might consider checking out Tennesse Off-roads website about trail riding dates in the area as well. If you check out link below it will tell you about the area and the Rosser Event. The green CJ featured is my 79.
http://www.4x44u.com/pub/k2/am4x44u/...serRound-Up98/

2004 Rubicon
fasterfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2002, 02:12 PM   #13
Wayne M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks fasterfuel!!!!!!
Unread 01-11-2002, 09:42 AM   #14
MidwestCajun

Once the TJ bug hits it never seems to go away until you follow up on it. I've had a ZJ since 96. It's taken us places I've never thought possible. But we found ourselves alway looking longingly at the Wranglers in the open air, but always went practical since we had two young kids. Well finally, 3 days after Christmas we got our TJ. Practical went out the window, this will be strictly a "play" vehicle(We have an Expedition for big trips, and the ZJ for running around). Since the kids are older, they'll just have to put up with the small rear when we go wheelin.
2" Teraflex BB, ProComp ES3000, Parelli Scorpions
MidwestCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2002, 10:19 AM   #15
aroberts

I bought my 02 TJ Sport on Sept. 29. Since then I have added a new stereo system, 31" tires, rear locker, front limited slip, have a line on a hard top for winter, regeared the axles from 3.07 to 4.11 and wish I had the $4500 it would take to put in a custom rear end. The Jeep bug bites hard.
aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.