Harley Night Train, anyone have one? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Harley Night Train, anyone have one?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
z06rider
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rubiconMG View Post
How much?

I really like the fatter tire and the newer ones but my budget is about 10K

Private Message Sent!

z06rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

sorry, can't resist:

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I ride alot and 250 miles is nothing for me. But I do ride a touring bike. My opinion would be for some thing in the FX line and not a softtail. The softtails look great but suffer by design because of the rear shocks. They have to be smaller to be hidden under the frame. The FX's have larger shocks mounted outside the frame. If you like the softtail look check out the Wide Glide or the Fatbob. But everyone's opinion is different. I do know people who ride long distances on a softtail and love it. To each thier own!
Unread 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I love my 95 Heritage Softail Classic. Don't write off the 80 cubic inch evolutions just yet.
Unread 01-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
Katesdad

I loved my EVO! Will get one again someday!
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #21
scooter
1982 CJ7 

The Dyna line rides better due to the rear suspension frame geometery,the softail are intended to replicate the rigid or hard tail bikes of days gone. The FXR line was HD`s best handleling bike which isnt made anymore. It had the swingarm mounted rigid in the frame not the rear of the engine case like the later FXD series and subject to motor mount flex and wander,which can be cured a few ways if you wanna spend the bucks. As mentioned dont be afraid of a EVO bike,better mileage,no cam issues,mass aftermarket etc.
Go rent one of each and feel the difference,its cheaper than buyin a bike you end up not liking. Looks go so far then you`ll realize your screwed,not sayin the softail line is bad,just different. I have no problem riding my my 93 springer softail 500 in a day,if I was in need of speed and more miles the FXDXT does it. I sold my bagger,great for long distance in crappy weather,not much fun in the twisties.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #22
03rubiconMG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have ridden a dyna a lot, i should probably get some time on a soft tail before i buy one.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/...376a0a33_o.jpg
03rubiconMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #23
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Bikes with the tall skinny front tire aren't quite as comfortable on a long ride, but admittedly they do look cool. Touring bikes have beefier front and rear tires with more sidewall which increases ride comfort, but sometimes comes off as a paw paw bike. I think the Heritage Softail does a good job of splitting the difference by having a softil frame with the hydraglide forks with touring style tires. Mine is pretty much bone stock. It's a 95 model. I bought it last year with only 19,500 miles for $8,000. It runs perfectly and has only needed a rear tire and a brake job. NO LEAKS OR ANYTHING. I flew to Atlanta and rode it home to the Lafayette, Louisiana area. It did fine on that trip. It also works great around town.
img_0032.jpg   img_0034.jpg   img_0043.jpg   img_0047.jpg   img_0063.jpg  

Unread 01-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #24
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

And a few more for good measure
img_0064.jpg   img_0071.jpg   img_0072.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.