Hard Top Suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Hard Top Suggestions

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-10-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
jeeping18

Hard Top Suggestions

as you can see in my sig, i have a 91 yj and im looking inot getting a hard top, i was told that the steel horse sucked, any other ideas?
thanks!

-2.5 INCH PRO-COMP LIFT
-31X10.50 PRO-COMP MUD'S
-15X8 EAGLE ALLOYS
-3:73 gears
also a 2000 TJ
jeeping18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2002, 06:49 AM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

You can try ebay! Or look around on the net for used ones.If i come across the site i saw a long time ago that had hard tops for 500.00
bucks i will send it to ya.The only problem was i think they did not come with a back window.You had to order it some were else.Later,gary
Unread 01-11-2002, 07:46 AM   #3
wingnut

Just FYI.

My '90 came with a hardtop and a POS soft-top. Last spring I installed a Bestop sunrider and it's now January and I have had no desire to lug that hardtop back onto my tub.

Point is this new soft-top is just as quiet and warm as my factory hardtop (and it's alot easier to drop the top in summer).

If you still want a hardtop keep in mind that CJ-7 tops also fit YJs.
Unread 01-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #4
GothicJeep

I looked into the hardtops with no back window, too. Problem is, I shopped around on pricing the back window and it was like five or six HUNDRED bucks.(not including the hinges)That, plus another $500 for the top and god knows what for shipping, made it awfully darn close to the cost of a new, aftermarket top(NOT Steel Horse!). Just an FYI to save someone else the time of looking into it.

Goth

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2002, 07:38 AM   #5
glm 87 wrangler

Good point Gothic Jeep i was thinking about the cost of the back window and if it would add up.But if you find a good deal on a back window assembley than there ya go.

Tags
hard top , top , recommendations , suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.