this had to hurt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > this had to hurt

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
frankinjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

this had to hurt

Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

MONROE, Ohio Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg. Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted. A home phone number for him couldn't be found.

frankinjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That's unfortunate . . . I saw a video on YouTube of a police officer giving a school class a presentation on police work and firearms safety, and right after saying that he was "the only person in this room authorized to have this weapon here", as he was about to holster the weapon, it went off. . . It was kind of funny, but it also makes you realize that when it comes to weapons, even those who are considered "Experts" aren't so smart . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
Desperado2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinjeep View Post
The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted.
Of course not. They and his buddies were trying to cover for him.

Desperado2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
heyitsme
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
That's unfortunate . . . I saw a video on YouTube of a police officer giving a school class a presentation on police work and firearms safety, and right after saying that he was "the only person in this room authorized to have this weapon here", as he was about to holster the weapon, it went off. . . It was kind of funny, but it also makes you realize that when it comes to weapons, even those who are considered "Experts" aren't so smart . . .
It didn't just go off. He shot himself in the foot. Then he carried on for a few moments as if he could play it off like nothing happened.
TheMightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
LostINohiO
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinjeep View Post

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted. A home phone number for him couldn't be found.
sure sure no record.... everything is off the record in middletown.... police are so corrupt you would think it was east germany there...

hahhaha

this happened in my home town...

these cops in middletown are SO crooked its unbelievable...

one morning at 5 am i bought breakfast at mcdonalds and parked in a secluded spot near the airport to eat my food... well as i turned down the road i saw a parked cop cruiser at the corner with the window down and he was talking to A HOOKER....

I didnt think anything of it until the cop drove down the secluded lane and pulled up beside me and asked me what i thouight i was doing there...

i help up some mcdonalds and i told him i was eating breakfast and he looked REALLY annoyed...
then proceeded to HARRASS me....

he started yelling at me about being out late and "loitering" ... So i told him as soon as i was done eating i would happily leave the area....

i left but i couldnt resist driving back by 20 minutes later...

and i saw the cop had parked his car in the secluded spot that i had been in and the hooker was now walking away from his car!

it would appear that i had blindly stumbled onto one of middletown's finest's "recreation area" ...

another time a middletown cop caught me making out with a girl in my car in some parking lot.... and when i asked him where i should go he looked both ways and told me to give him 20 dollars...

when i told him i didnt have 20 dollars...

he told me to "get lost kid"

which of course i was happy to do....

Unread 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Don't you have to pull the trigger on Glocks to take them apart?

You have to treat every firearm like its loaded. Jeez I learned that when I was 3.
Unread 11-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Indy

Ya, dead chamber on a glock before you can field strip it.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
adurbin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
I saw that to. The mistake he made, was ASSuming that the gun was unloaded. You even hear him say "this is an unloaded weapon". He never performed a safety check to assure that the gun was in fact unloaded, thus resulting in the shot. Being the only one "qualified" enough in the room, you would think he woud know that anytime you pick up a firearm, you ALWAYS remove the mag. pull the slide, and both visually and physically check the chamber with your finger to assure that it is in fact unloaded.
Northeast Tennessee Jeep Club Member #1
adurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #10
tealblueyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Revolvers are safer. A cop friend of mine said when he was in acadamy they watched film of a cop in a hold up. He couldnt find the safety switch. Robber walked up, aimed and shot .......dead cop had a semi auto
tealblueyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

wow thats close by, like next town over, monroe on one side middletown on other, o well,

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
craizychair

when it comes to shooting ability and gun safety cops are some of the worst because many of them do not go out and practice beyond the requirements of the department. (not all cops are this way but this is what I and a few of my buddies from different areas have experienced)
5.5" lift (spring under), AMC 360ci V8, bronco 8.8 rear (mini-spool)
craizychair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #13
craizychair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealblueyj View Post
Revolvers are safer. A cop friend of mine said when he was in acadamy they watched film of a cop in a hold up. He couldnt find the safety switch. Robber walked up, aimed and shot .......dead cop had a semi auto
Lesson never buy a carry gun with a safety. You don't want to have to remember to flip a safety in a situation where you have to use your firearm.
5.5" lift (spring under), AMC 360ci V8, bronco 8.8 rear (mini-spool)
craizychair is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.