Gun Control Gone Wild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Gun Control Gone Wild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Max713
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Gun Control Gone Wild

Copied this out of any e-mail I received.

what do you all think of this ?

Subject: look what's on the 2010 tax return

Gun owners... look what's on the 2010 tax return. The American public had better wake up. This is about as scary as it gets. Talk about a slippery slope. Hitler started the same way. Freedom evaporated before anyone knew what was happening.

VERIFIED – TRUE by _snopes.com_ (snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages)
_http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp_
(snopes.com: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp>

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered! It begins... more Freedom gone... the right to protect yourself and your family gone! Now ALL GUNS must be listed on your next (2010) tax return! Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. This bill was introduced on February 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT, this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama? You must be kidding! The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage:

> _www.senate.gov_ (U.S. Senate) <_http://www.senate.gov/_
> (U.S. Senate) > > (U.S. Senate) >> . You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill
> number, SB-2099.
> Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and
> Record of Sale Act of 2009: _www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text_
> (Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... OpenCongress)
> <_http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text_ (Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... OpenCongress) >
> > h45/text_ (Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... OpenCongress) > >

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. It has begun... Whatever Obama's "Secret Master Plan" is... this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!' Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009. Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it!
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45
or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.
Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: 1) It is registered 2) You are fingerprinted 3) You supply a current Driver's License 4) You supply your Social Security number 5) You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
Each update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25. Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison. If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along. This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

old, not true, repost, etc.

delete thread please
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Did you research it at all yourself?

I wrote a letter to my congressman last year about this. As did all the members of a houndsman club who's forum I participate in. According to govtrack.us the bill has gone no further than being referred.

H.R. 45: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and... (GovTrack.us)

It will suck if it passes. But we've seen this same stuff for a year now. Just encourage people to write to their congressman about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
jeepnmike
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Will never pass
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
spdcat01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I think this has been debunked already. But I'm sure the Obama people would like it to be true!

NRA Member
'01 TJ Sahara, 3" BB front, 2.25" BB rear, 1.25 JKS BL, 1" MML, Skyjacker Hydro shocks,33/12.50x15 BFG TA/KO All Terrains homemade disco's, Hi-Lift, CB, GPS
spdcat01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Indy

Hasn't 45 been dead in the water for a decade? Am I the only person that automatically deletes any email that has FW FW FW FW FW: OMG tell everyone on it?
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Indy

Even snopes, the quoted source tells you there is no sponsor/co-sponsor and is just another submitted bill that will go no-where.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
XJ99
Aviator Brew

1999 XJ Cherokee 

NRA-ILA :: Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The ?Gun Tax Bill?

NRA-ILA :: Big Brother's New Target: Tracking Firearms

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/...return-848638/
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Max713
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I apologize, didn't look into it myself, and I just received the email recently, feel free to delete this if you see it necessary.
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
jb4
1998 TJ Wrangler 

no one should be worried about a non co-sponsored bobby rush bill

snopes.com: Handgun Safety and Registration Act

NRA-ILA :: Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The ?Gun Tax Bill?
jb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnmike View Post
Will never pass
That is what some people on here said about cash for clunkers too. just saying.
percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.