GTA 4 --- Midnight tonight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > GTA 4 --- Midnight tonight

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

GTA 4 --- Midnight tonight

So who is getting a copy tonight?

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

[YT]GSsVZcKHues[/YT]

--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Buy me a copy!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Site is slow to load... probably getting hammered

Are all platforms being released tonight?
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

All 2 of them
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I never go to a midnight release...its just to *weird* of a crowd, but i figure if i get their about 15 min after the scary people should be on their way home with a copy and i should be able to walk up and grab a copy no problem. And yes, i have a researved copy with the special addition crap coming with it

I remember when the last one came out, i skipped my morning class at college to go grab a copy after confirming a local store had a copy.

The one before that, i left a highschool hockey game (I was in) early to get to walmart and grab a copy before they sold them all out...

And the one before that, well i did not know what i was missing out on...so i got it about 2 months after its release...
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The street date has been broken already; people have been playing for a week now. I pre-ordered a special edition through amazon for $53 shipped thanks to the $50 back I got for buying the HD-DVD kit (which I still don't regret). Should be in the mail tomorrow.

The multi-player is going to be epic. I've been watching live streams of people playing it all weekend. I doubt the disc will leave my console for a few months or at least until Madden 09 comes out.

Gamertag = nycterine

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J Fry View Post
The street date has been broken already; people have been playing for a week now. I pre-ordered a special edition through amazon for $53 shipped thanks to the $50 back I got for buying the HD-DVD kit (which I still don't regret). Should be in the mail tomorrow.

The multi-player is going to be epic. I've been watching live streams of people playing it all weekend. I doubt the disc will leave my console for a few months or at least until Madden 09 comes out.

Gamertag = nycterine
I dont remember, you are a 360 guy right?

GT = FR Cheap
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If I hear it's good I'll buy it.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I want it on PC
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deere View Post
If I hear it's good I'll buy it.

Is that your way of saying you didn't pre-order and you have to wait now?

J/K, you know its gonna rock...they (Rockstar) have yet to make a failure (besides table tennis, but you cant blame them for trying....their is only so much you can do with a ping-pong themed game).
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal21 View Post
I want it on PC
I have only seen rumors of a PC version, i know there is more info...just google it.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I never preordered a game, I wait and see if it sucks, then I buy it.

I probably will buy it.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #13
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yep, 360 here. This is the only game I've ever pre-ordered and only because all the goodies look so sweet (free license plate through amazon, too).

Table Tennis wasn't that bad for $19. It was really just a glorified demo of the RAGE engine which GTA IV is based on. I would so love to see them make a new Max Payne with RAGE and Euphoria (this physics model).

I'm still curious to see what exactly the $50 million that MS paid Rockstar for semi-exclusivity is going to buy us 360 owners.

Unread 04-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J Fry View Post
Yep, 360 here. This is the only game I've ever pre-ordered and only because all the goodies look so sweet (free license plate through amazon, too).

Table Tennis wasn't that bad for $19. It was really just a glorified demo of the RAGE engine which GTA IV is based on. I would so love to see them make a new Max Payne with RAGE and Euphoria (this physics model).

I'm still curious to see what exactly the $50 million that MS paid Rockstar for semi-exclusivity is going to buy us 360 owners.
I thought they said it was going to give us 2 expansion packs available through the market place. I thought it was going to add somewhere around 15-30 hours of gameplay

I just picked up table tennis last week on ebay for $9 shipped....i like it, its probably a blast with another player and some beers...
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I know it's going to be exclusive DLC, I just thought that was a lot of money. It'd better be something amazing (if only to make those PS3 bastards jealous). An add-on to the city perhaps? For all the commotion about the 'hot coffee' in San Andreas (which was dumb because to access it you had to violate the EULA), the hooker action in IV is pretty graphic. Jack Thompson is no doubt gathering his forces.

Table Tennis is great fun for 2P. My buddy and I had a 388-hit rally going over LIVE when his wireless controller died and I won the point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.