Grinding bits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Grinding bits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-06-2001, 11:58 AM   #1
OhYeah

Grinding bits

Hey there, I hear a lot of you guys and gals talk about grinding bits. Do you use these on your drill or a dremel tool or what? I need to get something to grind off a bolt head and I do not have a dremel tool. Do they sell strong grinding bits for use on your electric drill?

Thanks,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2001, 10:40 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Many different ways to do the grinding .. depends on how much metal you are required to remove and how much time you have to spend doing it.

I personally have a pair of Dremels (amazing little tool), a 3" grinder, a 7" cutting wheel ... and looking for a 14" cut-off saw and a cutting torch.

Another cool tool to have is a sawzall .. it will "Saw All" .. kinda expensive, but well worth the money you spend. Most guys that have a sawzall will use it to cut frames, bodies, nuts, bolts .. and all kinds of other metal things.

What are you planning on doing with your metal cutting ability?
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.