goverment auctions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > goverment auctions

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

goverment auctions

Hey, i hear about these goverment auctions that sell cars and houses that have been repoed, how can i find out where and when these things are? thanks

The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

http://www.usa.gov/shopping/shopping.shtml
New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
www.NJFBOA.org
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...21QSCI09015002

hmmmmm
www.NJFBOA.org
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the links, where can i find local auctions?
The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
RedJeepXJ

the newspaper lists them, but don't get your hopes up too high, the nice cars get sold at dealer only auctions, the crappy cars go to public auction, I didn't see any cars worth over 1k and most were about 300-400 cars, and not worth a penny more
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

The site has links on it to the local government auctions, at least down to the state level. Anything county or township related you would most likely have to stop by the local offices.
www.NJFBOA.org
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

javascript:itemSel( '81QSCI09020030');

I don't know why........................but I want.......................

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

81QSCI09020030 I can't get the link to work but thats the lot number if anyone would want to check it out. Its a jeep tug.
I don't know why........................but I want

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
trailblazer2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
81QSCI09020030 I can't get the link to work but thats the lot number if anyone would want to check it out. Its a jeep tug.
Diesel with low miles, SWEET!

pic
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

^ Thanks Trailblazer. Its friggen sweeeet.

Unread 01-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #11
vmann7
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
They come up on eaby from time to time. Keep in mind though they're 2wd with super super low gearing. I believe the motor is generally a nissan diesel though, sweet!!!!
vmann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I would just love the drive train out of it. Or swap in a transfer case and front drive axle. Short, sweet, and geared to death. Bet the handling on the Hwy would be a lil dicey tho. It probably has only a 20mph top speed now anyway.

Unread 01-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
RedJeepXJ

another place is www.govdeals.com

a lot of government auctions are moving to this system, sorta like ebay but only government surplus stuff
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
the newspaper lists them, but don't get your hopes up too high, the nice cars get sold at dealer only auctions, the crappy cars go to public auction, I didn't see any cars worth over 1k and most were about 300-400 cars, and not worth a penny more
GSA auctions are open to the general public. Back when they sold off all of the Cherokees, you could pick up a well maintained, late model XJ for a song. I've seen a few that people paid ~$2500 for that were low mile and still looked pretty nice inside and out.
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.