got thrown in jail for having no rear view mirrors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > got thrown in jail for having no rear view mirrors

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

got thrown in jail for having no rear view mirrors

Ok that is a little over exaggerating but here is my story...

Last night I am driving down the highway when I get pulled over. The officer is just giving me a warning telling me I need a mirror on the left side of my jeep. He says he will be right back he is just going to write a little warning slip and I will be on my way. So about 15 minutes later a second police car pulls up behind him and they both come towards my jeep. They ask me to get out and bla bla bla. Long story short.. when I first bought my new jeep I put the old tags from my Volkswagen on it until I had time to go get the jeep registered and stuff. The second day I own the jeep I take it wheeling and get pulled over on the way for the tags not matching I get a ticket and just need to fax my registration info to them and they will fix it all for me. I fax them all the info on Monday and talk to a lady and assume it is all done.

Well yesterday I find out there is a warrant out for my arrest because of this ticket and I get locked up and have to spend the day and overnight in jail. It completely BLEW! They tell me in the beginning I can't pay the bail because it needs to be paid to the county I got the ticket in (about an hour away) so I have to stay overnight and into the next day. I talk to a second officer the next day (today) and he tells me I could have payed my bail yesterday and been home free all night. So I end up paying $1500 bail and get let free. What an awesome last 2 days

It was kind of fun listening to all the stories of why everyone is in jail and how they deal illegal weapons, have 8 felonies, have beat the crap out of their girlfriend with a hammer etc. etc. etc. while I am laying on the cold cement floor for just a stupid little ticket.

Oh the joys of life

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Damn dude. At least your cornhole survived the night.

At least this explains why I don't have my beer yet.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Crazy.

what happened when you had the wrong tags? Why did you not have a temporary registration when it was brand new?
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
theAuthority

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
Ok that is a little over exaggerating but here is my story...

Last night I am driving down the highway when I get pulled over. The officer is just giving me a warning telling me I need a mirror on the left side of my jeep. He says he will be right back he is just going to write a little warning slip and I will be on my way. So about 15 minutes later a second police car pulls up behind him and they both come towards my jeep. They ask me to get out and bla bla bla. Long story short.. when I first bought my new jeep I put the old tags from my Volkswagen on it until I had time to go get the jeep registered and stuff. The second day I own the jeep I take it wheeling and get pulled over on the way for the tags not matching I get a ticket and just need to fax my registration info to them and they will fix it all for me. I fax them all the info on Monday and talk to a lady and assume it is all done.

Well yesterday I find out there is a warrant out for my arrest because of this ticket and I get locked up and have to spend the day and overnight in jail. It completely BLEW! They tell me in the beginning I can't pay the bail because it needs to be paid to the county I got the ticket in (about an hour away) so I have to stay overnight and into the next day. I talk to a second officer the next day (today) and he tells me I could have payed my bail yesterday and been home free all night. So I end up paying $1500 bail and get let free. What an awesome last 2 days

It was kind of fun listening to all the stories of why everyone is in jail and how they deal illegal weapons, have 8 felonies, have beat the crap out of their girlfriend with a hammer etc. etc. etc. while I am laying on the cold cement floor for just a stupid little ticket.

Oh the joys of life
sucks dude, my tags were expired the past 2 months and I couldn't pass emissions. So I walked to work and did what was needed.

Just passed emissions today thanks to 1 gallon of isopropyl alcohol and leaning it wayyyyy out. I have tags now and can drive legally, except I dont have a driver's side mirror, which is illegal haha.....
theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dude that sucks

kinda a good lesson thou.

make sure your legal! i check for warrants on me all the time(i do ALOT of dumb ****)

even thou it was a traffic ticket gotta make sure your good with the state and all counties

build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...1/#post8930381
stoneytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

The dealer told me it was ok to put the old tags on my jeep. They even put the old plate on for me.

Everyone at the jail seemed to like me though. I didn't really fit in. The officers hung out with me more than the prisoners did.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
The dealer told me it was ok to put the old tags on my jeep. They even put the old plate on for me.
I would be at that dealership right now.

http://zoneoffroad.com/bad-to-the-bone?feat=34
sethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

nah I don't care all that much. I should be getting most of the money back after my court date on monday and it was quite an experience spending a night in jail.

It is something I will never do again. Down right miserable

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

When you were in jail, did they make you toss the salad?

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
When you were in jail, did they make you toss the salad?

Max
nope I was pretty fortunate

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
AlTheKillerr

interesting. my step mom use to have a sebring which she sold but for some reason she still gets the state sticker for it. my GF decided to put the sticker on her PT Loser so she wouldnt have to get it done. cant wait till she gets pulled over and it doesnt match
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

I threw away a seatbelt ticket I got in some backwoods Texas town back in '91. I went to get a CDL in 2001 here in NM, and the lady at the dmv looked real dumbfounded and asked me to have a seat. She went to the back and came out just a little bit later with officer Bob!! Turns out that ticket didn't just fall out of the system!!! They can hold a bench warrant for your arrest for EVER!!!!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I do warrant searches every couple weeks, I have a "you might be a scumbag" list from between that and fingerprint cards. I am sure you were with some classy people. If the cops really liked you they would have put you in a private cell or let you use the nice bathrooms.

I had my inspection and registration up for about 2 months (I still need an inspection). When pulled over they didn't say anything. I finally found my license and old registration. I have also never had a problem when I was missing my left mirror on my Sentra. I have seen jails and prisons and know I will never make it in one. I feel for you, I don't think they liked you much.

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
/\/\uD b0gg3r

So how would I search outstanding warrants?
XJicequeen is my mom club member #1
'05 Red LJ
Hemi 5.7L
Chris
/\/\uD b0gg3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.