Got burglarized for the 3rd time today ..HELP! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Got burglarized for the 3rd time today ..HELP!

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 01-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #46
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1. Order a box of packing peanuts
2. Wait for the punk to take your package
3. Follow him home

[QUOTE=JeepinSurprise;10042634]Did you really think you were getting a cushy/dry ride when you bought a vehicle with DRAINS on the inside?!?![/QUOTE]
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #47
The_Aaron
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i say get a smooth surfaced box with a big logo on it and fill it with cinder blocks or something. when the guy can't lift it and runs away, you'll have his fingerprints.
I have a low post count because I spend more time wrenching than I do talking about it.
The_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #48
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
Or have them go to your work.
Places I've worked don't allow personal mail/packages to be sent there - but yeah, it's a good option if you work someplace that allows it.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:54 AM   #49
the2040
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I say hide in the shadows with a fake box and kick his *** when he comes to steal your **** again.
If man asks for many laws it is only because he is sure that his neighbor needs them; privately he is an unphilosophical anarchist, and thinks laws in his own case superfluous.
Low Output 4 Cyl Jeep club #2012
the2040 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #50
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Places I've worked don't allow personal mail/packages to be sent there - but yeah, it's a good option if you work someplace that allows it.
Well being a manager has its perks

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #51
xltj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin01tj View Post
I got burglarized for the third time .. i live in a nice subdivision in a good area. Seems crazy but here lately someone has been trying to take anything they can get their hands on in my neighborhood. What really pisses me off is that they stole my packages that came in for my jeep today by UPS. Ive filed 3 reports and even gave descriptions. Still no success. I have been looking into getting an outdoor surveillance system .. One that isn't ridiculously priced but will do its job. Anyone have any ideas or experience with these? Any help is appreciated. thanks
This won't help get your stuff back, but all packages I get are delivered to my work. The people at the front desk bring the package to my desk when it arrives. That way I don't have something sitting at my front door.

I do like the PO box mentioned earlier as well.

I've always thought about a surveillance system, but I'm not sure if you could get one cheap with good quality video/images.
Jeep: 1999 Black TJ Sahara, 6-cylinder, 4.0L, front dana 30, rear dana 44, 3.73 gears, 3" Teraflex, 15x8 Eagle Alloys, 33x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Bestop Sailcloth top, KC 150w Daylighters, KC 55w fogs, CB radio, 73k miles
Daily Driver: '05 Silver Civic EX Coupe, 4 cyl 5-speed Manual, ~35 MPG, 54k miles
xltj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #52
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xltj View Post

I've always thought about a surveillance system, but I'm not sure if you could get one cheap with good quality video/images.
Did I or did I not say x-10.com? They have REALLY cheap stuff and the quality is outstanding. Does no one read my posts?
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #53
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hide in the box lol
JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #54
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

When I lived in Minnesota I lived WAY out in the sticks. Any time I was getting a package I left the passenger's door unlocked on my wood hauler truck. I left delivery instructions with the carrier to throw the package on the truck seat and lock the doors.

Never had anything messed with.

If it was too big to fit in the truck, I would do the same thing with the garage.

Of course, this only works if you have an old beat to **** pickup sitting in the driveway...
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #55
GeoKR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A guy from SC came to look at a boat I had for sell and we got to talking and he had the same proble, and I loved his solution.

He cought a bobcat in a live trap, sedated it, and put it securly in a small box on his front porch with a new ups label on it. The box was gone when he got home from work and he never had any more problems.

Can you imagine letting a live mean *** bobcat loose in your house?

I spent most of my money on women, booze, and toys, the rest I just wasted.
GeoKR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #56
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
Yeah dude, said dog would be nice. My dog is a dane/lab mix and she hates anybody who isn't me or my wife. But I could honestly say, if I were being ripped off, I would take a day off work and hold up inside. Like set a trap, leave the garage door open and just wait... Freakin criminals piss me off man so I would give this bum the day of reckoning.
Yeah that would be awesome. Plus if you live in a state with a castle law you could just hide out in a van or something and them when you see them enter your garage come out with a shot gun. Their are many ways this situation could play out and most of them would be in your favor.

Personally i would just go with the po box or lockable drop box at home. Security systems aren't that effective for little things they are better at preventing your entire house from being cleaned out.

WTH is dog gonna do. If your problem is boxes being stolen how is the ups dude going to put them in a place where the dog will be able to protect the package, without the ups man being attacked by said dog?

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #57
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
This is precisely why you do not have things delivered to your home. Get a PO Box for mail, and have anything sent via UPS, FedEX, DHL, etc. addressed to the terminal and "HOLD FOR CUSTOMER PICKUP. CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX". I do it. Never lost a package. Ever.
When I had a PO Box they wouldn't hold stuff from UPS or FedX.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #58
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurcio1989 View Post
Yeah that would be awesome. Plus if you live in a state with a castle law you could just hide out in a van or something and them when you see them enter your garage come out with a shot gun. Their are many ways this situation could play out and most of them would be in your favor.

Personally i would just go with the po box or lockable drop box at home. Security systems aren't that effective for little things they are better at preventing your entire house from being cleaned out.

WTH is dog gonna do. If your problem is boxes being stolen how is the ups dude going to put them in a place where the dog will be able to protect the package, without the ups man being attacked by said dog?
I thought this post originally was about home invasion, which is why I chimed in about the dog. I didn't realize it was all packages being stolen. I would still do a stake out though. I like taking matters into my own hands...
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #59
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
When I had a PO Box they wouldn't hold stuff from UPS or FedX.
he was talking about having UPS and FedEx holding the packages at their local depots.

Also, I LOVE the bobcat idea XD
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #60
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarukai View Post
he was talking about having UPS and FedEx holding the packages at their local depots.

Also, I LOVE the bobcat idea XD

I will pay more attention next time.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.