Got burglarized for the 3rd time today ..HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Got burglarized for the 3rd time today ..HELP!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got burglarized for the 3rd time today ..HELP!

I got burglarized for the third time .. i live in a nice subdivision in a good area. Seems crazy but here lately someone has been trying to take anything they can get their hands on in my neighborhood. What really pisses me off is that they stole my packages that came in for my jeep today by UPS. Ive filed 3 reports and even gave descriptions. Still no success. I have been looking into getting an outdoor surveillance system .. One that isn't ridiculously priced but will do its job. Anyone have any ideas or experience with these? Any help is appreciated. thanks

jeepin01tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

three times as in stuff sitting on your doorstep, or they break into the house??
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin01tj View Post
What really pisses me off is that they stole my packages that came in for my jeep today by UPS.
This is precisely why you do not have things delivered to your home. Get a PO Box for mail, and have anything sent via UPS, FedEX, DHL, etc. addressed to the terminal and "HOLD FOR CUSTOMER PICKUP. CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX". I do it. Never lost a package. Ever.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a great security camera system that I got a Menard's, it is a Swann system that comes with 2 cameras and you can put up to 4 on each digital recorder. I have 2 recorders with a mix of wireless and hard wired cameras. I think the basic package cost about $300.00.

I also have this. 1/2 Great Dane 1/2 Boxer and takes crap from no one.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

yes, and x-10.com is the cheapest and has the best packages.. check it out for yourself. Their website looks cheezy, but their camera's work great. I have three as we speak that I bought like 7 years ago from them..

^^^ PS thats a bad-a dog man...
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

A security system is unlikely to help you for package ripoffs anyway. Even IF the person isn't wearing a mask and even IF the person isn't wearing a hoodie, and even IF your camera manages to get a great shot of the person's face, and even IF you can manage, somehow, to get the police interested in investigating the heinous crime of UPS package drop-off theft (and that's a pretty big if), it is unlikely that they will catch the dirtbag(s) involved, the vast majority of the time.

Much better to reduce the opportunity to steal your **** (see previous post for how).
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah dude, said dog would be nice. My dog is a dane/lab mix and she hates anybody who isn't me or my wife. But I could honestly say, if I were being ripped off, I would take a day off work and hold up inside. Like set a trap, leave the garage door open and just wait... Freakin criminals piss me off man so I would give this bum the day of reckoning.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You know whats funny ******bag???

I got an ipod nano, stolen out of my truck, the doors unlocked cop told me pretty much nothing they can do.

Dude got pulled over one night, had a bunch of change, radios, and stuff in his car, I got my Ipod back a week later.

Dont under estimate the police.
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
littleestrada64
1997 TJ Wrangler 

anybody can get around a dog but nobody messes with a lion

Unread 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is why I hate UPS. They're the only ones that leave packages unattended. I've received packages from Purolator and if I'm not home they'll leave a door sticker and I have to go pick it up at a store nearby.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have 2 dogs.. boxer and husky ..neighbor said they were going crazy in the back yard.. cant really let em run wild.. Neighbor never saw anything though . It was dark. First time they took stuff out of my carport when i left for 15 minutes to go get lunch. This time they must have seen the ups guy this time and watched to see if anyone is home. For all i know this could be someone in my neighborhood. Helmet do the cameras work good at night?
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
This is why I hate UPS. They're the only ones that leave packages unattended. I've received packages from Purolator and if I'm not home they'll leave a door sticker and I have to go pick it up at a store nearby.
Fedex and DHL have left packages at my door unattended. I don't see an option when ordering to not leave them.

But also, the nearest stores for any shippers other than the USPS are about 45 minutes away from my house. I also leave my doors unlocked during the day.

If they are going to take my **** they might as well not bust my windows or door too. Because I know there is not a thing I can do about it if someone wants to get into my house and take my stuff when no one is home. No visible neighbors and very low traffic on my road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i got my kit from clayton a couple days ago and it had to be signed for. I thought the stuff i ordered that came in today would have been also. Guess ill have to specify that myself. Im off tomorrow so i might set some boxes outside and pull my truck around back and see what happens.
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdwnandhngon View Post
Fedex and DHL have left packages at my door unattended. I don't see an option when ordering to not leave them.

But also, the nearest stores for any shippers other than the USPS are about 45 minutes away from my house. I also leave my doors unlocked during the day.

If they are going to take my **** they might as well not bust my windows or door too. Because I know there is not a thing I can do about it if someone wants to get into my house and take my stuff when no one is home. No visible neighbors and very low traffic on my road.
A smart criminal would just follow the UPS truck around and just pick up every package the driver leaves unattended.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would fill boxes full of **** and put them on the doorstep every so often. I'd imagine after a few times they might stop. Couldnt hurt and would be funny when they are taken
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.