goodbye tj dreams... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > goodbye tj dreams...

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
hansimusmaximus

goodbye tj dreams...

my dad just checked what insurance would be if i were to get a tj sport. 1200 for 6mo. that's just rediculous. i have a perfect record and have had the good student discount since i turned 16, i'm 19 and in college now. man this sucks. please tell me it would be lower than this for an xj!? sorry for the rant.

Last edited by hansimusmaximus; 03-02-2006 at 04:21 PM..
hansimusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ was 2400 annually, IIRC. 3600 after I rearended someone. That was when it was still on full coverage.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
NIUPonyBoy
2007 JK Wrangler 

My YJ is $343 a year. Everything else is killing me. lol
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
bobjp

I don't understand why some people have such expensive insurance. If you are a good driver, why do you need full coverage? I'm 20 (but still on my parents policy) and pay $500 a year for minimal coverage. It takes care of any type of accident, but it doesn't cover theft or vandalism.

What is the point in spending oooohhhh say $5000 on a Jeep and then paying $2000 a year for insurance. With that insurance money you could have gone out and bought another Jeep if yours got wrecked.

Of course if you want full coverage on a sportier vehicle (like a wrangler) it'll be more expensive, but why do you need full coverage. It seems like such a waste of money. How often do you think your going to get in an accident. Just let driving safetly be your insurance and forget full coverage.

Not trying to bash anyone, I have just always wondered this.
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
walter_da_jpr
4.0 Piston Skirt Victim

1999 WJ 

When i was sixteen the WJ was 1750 annual. Good student discount
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
I don't understand why some people have such expensive insurance. If you are a good driver, why do you need full coverage? I'm 20 (but still on my parents policy) and pay $500 a year for minimal coverage. It takes care of any type of accident, but it doesn't cover theft or vandalism.

What is the point in spending oooohhhh say $5000 on a Jeep and then paying $2000 a year for insurance. With that insurance money you could have gone out and bought another Jeep if yours got wrecked.

Of course if you want full coverage on a sportier vehicle (like a wrangler) it'll be more expensive, but why do you need full coverage. It seems like such a waste of money. How often do you think your going to get in an accident. Just let driving safetly be your insurance and forget full coverage.

when your junk catches on fire, floods, is stolen, damaged bc of weather youll really wonder why you didnt get it...those things may not happen, but youd kick yourself if they did
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
AMK

Quote:

I hope you don't have minimum liability coverage.

Regarding collision coverage, many banks require full coverage on vehicles that they have a lien on. With your example, it would take you 2.5 years of the insurance premiums to repurchase the vehicle. What happens if you total the vehicle the day after you purchased it? $5000 down the drain.

Safe driving does not account for everything -- accidents happen.
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
hansimusmaximus

i totally understand what you are saying and i have thought about this too. but i'll prolly be spending around 10k and i just don't want to risk it. my bro had his truck stolen a few years ago, locked, on the well lit driveway, in a very nice neighborhood. maybe that got me a little scared. besides, i'm not worried at all about my driving, it's the other guy....
hansimusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You need full coverage if a Jeep is Financed as well. If you really want to hate insurance come to NJ.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #10
jailbird1818

Being 27 with an 8 page driving record, the insurance on my SE-R isn't that bad. About $1500 a year fur full coverage.

[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
jailbird1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
smartshot
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I pay about 2000 a year. For full on the TJ and every car I drive (5) execpt the 88 camry. This also is with un-insured motorist- (highly recommend this).
smartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Bosch
1993 YJ Wrangler 

no one ever cares until they need it.

I use state farm, and will always do so based on how painlessly they handle my claims, don't nickle and dime me, always return my phone calls, and have an office 5 mins away where I can go into and talk to my agent face-to-face.

I just had to replace my tailgate hinges...$435. I'll pay a $200 deductable on that.

For $63 a month, and buckets of coverage with low deductables, I am very very happy. $750 a year for great coverage is not a huge investment.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Timmy

It has to do with many factors: where you live, your record, your age(young is bad), your sex (young male is bad), the car, etc
There is a scale of how much risk a vehicle is to an insurance company. It goes from 4 (I think) to 20 (also unsure), and I know the wrangler is a 16, which is really bad.
I was paying $200/month before, but now that I'm 25, I'm paying $75/month.
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
Dolfy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

If you still have a loan on the vehicle then you have to have full coverage. At least it's like that here in Pa. As for driving safely... I worry about the others on the road and not myself. You can't prepare enough for them.
Blue Jeep Club member #170

Thought for the day:
Some people are like Slinkies... They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a huge smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.......
Dolfy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #15
bobjp

Quote:
What happens if you total the vehicle the day after you purchased it? $5000 down the drain.
It doesn't make any difference when you total your vehicle. Even with having minimal coverage I still get the value of the vehicle if I get in an accident. Like I said the only thing I lose out on is theft, vandalism, weather damage etc. I'll be saying, "Well, I just totaled my new car, but at least I only made the first $250 insurance payment instead of $2000."

Quote:
I hope you don't have minimum liability coverage
In Michigan we have no fault insurance, so your company pays for your car no matter whose fault it is. I guess that would make a difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.