Gluten-Free Diet - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Gluten-Free Diet

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 06-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #16
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

its not too bad.. michelob now has a cider that is gluten free as well, i havent tried it but i might soon!! Gluten and caesin scared me at first when i first found out in highschool of senior year i was really bummed about it and felt like there was nothing i could eat but even over the last couple years theres so much that is advertised as gluten free its not too bad.. just make sure restaraunts that say their stuff is gluten free, actually is.. alot of people dont understand the cross contamination and what not.

2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
MGoBlue
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquier92 View Post
Just remember its like a virus.. you cant order a salad and pull the crutons off.. the lettuce is infected at that point. Cross contamination is very serious.
Very true statement. My wife and 12yr old son have been GF for several years. Once you get your diet situated, which is no small task, the small intestine will heal. Then when you ingest any gluten you will get what seems like food poisoning. If you have kids they might have it too, and it was probably handed down to you from a parent. Brothers and sisters???

Udi's is their favorite bread products. If you take any medications or supplements watch the ingredients. It took my wife quite a few weeks to get a handle on this diet. But once you do, you'll find relief! Stopping dairy was a temporary thing for them. Nutritionist said it would help the healing process. And I can vouch that Red Bridge beer is very good. There are 2 local pizza shops that offer GF pie. It's becoming more "popular" every year. A lot of chain restaurants have a GF menu, just stress to them you are very allergic. McDonalds frys are GF and quite a few things from Wendy's. If you need more tips just let us know.
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

There are so many products out now. 10 years ago my father was on the diet and it was a struggle to find anything and when we did it tasted like crap.
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
MGoBlue
1998 TJ Wrangler 

True that DBLJ. We've seen it take leaps and bounds the last 5!

Do some research on soy milk. We steer clear for these reasons.
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

go here and search for gluten free, lots of ideas

http://www.tastespotting.com/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
My Doctor wants me on a Gluten-Free Diet with no dairy for the next month. Does anyone have tips or experience? I'm gonna miss sandwiches.

My Doctor wanted to put me on a Glutton free diet...

...I found another Doctor!
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

My wife has been gluten free(GF) for five years now. She was diagnosed with celiacs after a couple years of them trying to figure out what was wrong. Within that time is has gotten so much easier to shop and go out to eat. Pretty much every restaurant has a GF menu or items that happen to be gluten free. The hardest thing is going to family and friends houses for dinner or picnics. If u are going GF make sure you check everything down to lotions and shampoos. It may not sound like u have to but long term exposure topically can cause symptoms. Soaps, toothpaste, lip balm, sun screen, deodorant.... EVERYTHING has to be checked! When we first started we had a complete different set of pots and pans now anything that is cooked at home is gluten free. I started eating this way myself so things would be safer for her and ended up liking it! Everything is much fresher! Good luck it gets better with time trust me! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post
My Doctor wanted to put me on a Glutton free diet...

...I found another Doctor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
My Doctor wants me on a Gluten-Free Diet with no dairy for the next month. Does anyone have tips or experience? I'm gonna miss sandwiches.
Keep eating sandwiches.

I am not at all impressed with this anti-gluten fad. It reminds me of the anti-carb fad of about 5 years ago. Wait a few more years and the next fad will claim that anti-carb and anti-gluten were progress, but they still weren't the right thing. Nutrition experts always have new reasons to sell books.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #25
MGoBlue
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon View Post
anti-gluten fad.
Totally not a "fad". Educate yourself.

I guess diabetes was a fad too.
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #26
nwiTJdave

I think most Dr's are aware a gluten free diet is not for everyone. I have read a few articles that have stated for many people gluten free diets are more harmful than good but obviously to many (mostly autistic) they are great

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

There are two sides to this really. Yes, the current awareness of GF diets is very "in", making it a fad per say, however there is a legitimate need for some people to be on GF diets, the majority of my family is gluten-intolerant, and on gf diets. As an example, my 9 y/o brother is intolerant, and in the last year has shown marked improvement in his behavior and health since being gf. My 25 y/o sister went gf and lost her allergy to lactose, and no longer has major gastrointestinal issues.

Not everybody needs to be gf, but it is popular to do so currently, and that popularity is very beneficial to those who actually need to be gf. I view it as a good thing.
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I know few girls that are on very strict gf diet and one of them got diagnosed really late and got her intestines basically destroyed, cannot eat much at all. For most people yes it is a fad but for those people I know that require gf diet is important
PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #29
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Celiacs is be of the most under diagnosed diseases in the world and can cause MAJOR health problems if ignored. I tend to get pissed when people try to down play it, I've seen the pain that my wife has gone through in the past. Seeing her stuck in bed sick for a couple days cause someone used the wrong spoon kills me.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #30
b3nj4m1n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon View Post
Keep eating sandwiches.

I am not at all impressed with this anti-gluten fad. It reminds me of the anti-carb fad of about 5 years ago. Wait a few more years and the next fad will claim that anti-carb and anti-gluten were progress, but they still weren't the right thing. Nutrition experts always have new reasons to sell books.
there's a very good reason for the "anti carb fad"

we've been evolving for millions of years as hunter gatherers. our bodies are made to eat that way. the invention of agriculture drastically changed our diet..

didn't you ever wonder why low carb diets work so well? we aren't made to eat these massive amounts of starchy vegetables and grains.
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." -Mark Twain
b3nj4m1n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.