Getting screwed on eBay - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

SELLER: Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

Hey guys i have been a member here at JF for a while, i still have my YJ and my ZJ, and while this order my not be directly related to my Jeep it is related to buying goods online and receiver decent customer service. Never in my entire 8 years of online shopping have i had en experience this bad. So i am looking for some advice or prior experience you guys may have had with situation like this, it is going to be a long one so bear with me.

I went to go price out a set of wheels for my Honda and looked into eBay because they offer free shipping and being stationed in Hawaii is as some of you may guess it is very expensive to ship here, especially four, 22 pound circles of aluminum. As i am looking to verify the shipping cost on eBay i accidentally ordered a set of four wheels (apparently eBay has one click ordering). Realizing my mistake i cancel the order immediately without much concern, and it is important to note how quickly i requested a cancellation, within one minute. This was not a situation of I receive the wheels and i ordered the incorrect bolt pattern, or incorrect diamater or something of that nature, that would be an understandable mistake on my part. But this is a request for cancellation WITHIN ONE MINUTE of the initial order, check the images below from my email.

But still, i am not concerned, i have dealt with multiple companies online and am by far not a rookie to online shopping.. but that changes when i receive a tracking number about 10 minutes later, then i start to worry..

Attempt to call them several times and i go straight to voicemail at noon during a weekday.
Send a message on facebook and an email to their sales department.. i am still waiting on a response.

The only response i get is on PayPal and it is this gem.. also would like to mention i never got a response back to this message, thus continuing their excellence in customer service.

Apparently when you are in sales, its solely about the money and not communicating with your customers, as you can see this is the mentality of this seller. It is important to keep in mind that according to eBay/PayPal once a tracking number is assigned to your order (even if it is after your cancellation request).. your **** out of luck and its completely up to the seller if they feel like cancelling the order or not. PayPal/eBay say they 'encourage' sellers to accept cancellations. Of course a tracking number was not assigned before my cancellation (keep in mind one minute cancellation) and as we all know the package fairy does not magically transport the items/order to the UPS/FedEx distribution center within minutes of an order. My point being it could easily have been cancelled, avoiding this mess.

But why would the seller do such a thing? Well in my opinion, as far as this seller is concerned they have no risk sending it out, in a best case scenario i will not take the time to return the items, so its a full on sale for the seller. Or maybe the buyer will just return them and we can charge a 20 percent restocking free, 20 percent of $1,728.00 = 170 dollars. At the very worst i create a claim through PayPal/eBay and i pay the shipping myself, and make one negative review on their eBay page, in reality.. no skin off their ***.

So here i am now, the claim has gone in my favor which will give me a full refund for the cost of the wheels, but i will have to pay to ship four wheels back to Pennsylvania, which is VERY EXPENSIVE. I am trying to work with the seller now, i guess they respond when eBay/PayPal gets involved and a claim is filed, but i am still very limited over just piss poor customer support on a very reasonable order request.
eBay and PayPal has the worst customer support i have ever encountered. Its amazing the difference going from companies like Evasive Motorsports, or Quadratec and USAA then these guys. I can not even find one person that understands English on the PayPal side of things, it is so frustrating!

I literally feel at a dead end, and i feel that i have a very reasonable, understandable case for a FULL REFUND to include shipping. I am looking for advice to pressure the seller because according to PayPal/eBay it is solely up to the seller. I was thinking about the Better Business Bureau, are there any other similar routes i can use to go about this, please tell me, share past experiences etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

No idea why it double posted, you can go ahead and delete the other thread please.

Also one other thing i can not refuse the package, according to eBay/PayPal policy if a user refuses a package he is not eligible for a refund. Of course this could be still worked around if the seller actually answer his phone, email or any other form of communication and we worked something out outside of the eBay/PayPal website.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #3 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 01:03 PM
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would refuse the package and file a dispute through Paypal for a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
post #4 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
I would refuse the package and file a dispute through Paypal for a refund.
According to eBay/PayPal policy you can not refuse a package then get a refund, you must accept the package.

PayPal is basically the devil and their customer service is probably the second worst to only to Pro-Motive Concepts LLC (the seller) i have ever experienced. Again according to their policy once an item has been ordered you can request a cancellation of the order, so it is basically up to the seller, in this case they wanted to force the order out the door on the off chance that they might make a quick buck and that i would not raise hell and create a claim through PayPal/eBay.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #5 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 01:40 PM
216yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is why I don't shop on eBay or places online like them. I don't like dealing with hassles so I will just pay a bit more avoid them altogether.

I understand you want a full refund and I would too.. BUT it is not that companies fault you clicked on order.

Bottom line is someone has to eat the shipping and you want the seller be liable for your error (no offense).

You are right in the assumption that if there was customer service this would be fixed... But you have to assume that with that level of customer service also will command a higher price point. They are going to have to pay someone to answer the phone and emails. Cmon it's eBay not walmart/quadratec/or even autozone.

Sucks that you are in the situation though. That fine print B.S. blows and is very off-putting I would not deal with anyone who has a policy worded like that.
post #6 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216yj View Post
This is why I don't shop on eBay or places online like them. I don't like dealing with hassles so I will just pay a bit more avoid them altogether.

I understand you want a full refund and I would too.. BUT it is not that companies fault you clicked on order.

Bottom line is someone has to eat the shipping and you want the seller be liable for your error (no offense).

You are right in the assumption that if there was customer service this would be fixed... But you have to assume that with that level of customer service also will command a higher price point. They are going to have to pay someone to answer the phone and emails. Cmon it's eBay not walmart/quadratec/or even autozone.

Sucks that you are in the situation though. That fine print B.S. blows and is very off-putting I would not deal with anyone who has a policy worded like that.
I understand what you are saying to a point, a mistake was made. But i can not get over the fact that the customer service is blatantly horrible.

I understand they do not have a call center working around the clock ready to answer my every whim but this is not the situation, its the exact opposite. I still have got no responses from them via email or on facebook or anywhere for that matter except for PayPal, and only when PayPal got involved to 'mediate' the process. I feel if you are in sales you have to make at least a moderate attempt at customer service, not blatantly lying to your customers like he did above, he is literally playing the fine print through eBay/PayPal by forcing the product out the door.

I would highly recommend avoiding the eBay or PayPal, sure plenty of people have had good experiences but this is just ridiculous. Another issue with eBay is their buyer/seller reviews are ridiculously inflated, check out the sellers reviews.. now it all makes sense.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

Thanks for your response.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #7 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 02:03 PM
216yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You think eBay is bad lol? Check out automobile reviews on Edmunds.. The review will be bad but somehow they/someone is scrubbing the bad reviews (they are still there but they will all be 4-5 star reviews) but the wording actually says how bad the car is.

I really don't like the Internet nearly as much as I used to... In general it seems like way to many scams (like your experience) click bait for the unsuspecting/ignorant(poor souls) and everyone is either a comedian or a "bad-***". I spend as little time online as possible except for Call of Duty lol but I don't own a mic so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as much.
post #8 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You think eBay is bad lol? Check out automobile reviews on Edmunds.. The review will be bad but somehow they/someone is scrubbing the bad reviews (they are still there but they will all be 4-5 star reviews) but the wording actually says how bad the car is.

I really don't like the Internet nearly as much as I used to... In general it seems like way to many scams (like your experience) click bait for the unsuspecting/ignorant(poor souls) and everyone is either a comedian or a "bad-***". I spend as little time online as possible except for Call of Duty lol but I don't own a mic so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as much.
Thankfully there are still several great companies out there that offer good customer service. Places like Quadratec, 4WD, Morris and Amazon are big but they offer great service.

What scares me most isnt this little seller Pro-Motive Concepts LLC its PayPal and eBay their customer service is awful. I literally get a call center in like Honduras everytime and they dont even understand what i am trying to say they just read off the sheet.

So irritating. I just want justice, i need Batman lol.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #9 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 02:49 PM
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No. The company is wrong here. He canceled the order a minute after it was placed. There is no way the product was packaged, processed and placed on a truck for delivery in that time.

Unfortunately, the company in question has unethical and shady business practices. I hope I see them out of business soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
post #10 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Indy

I think you're underestimating the worlds best customer service here. 2 seconds after clicking order those wheels were being carried by an employee, sprinting like a madman towards the delivery truck. And now OP want's to make all that effort meaningless. He's a bad person.

I'm the only gay eskimo.
post #11 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No. The company is wrong here. He canceled the order a minute after it was placed. There is no way the product was packaged, processed and placed on a truck for delivery in that time.

Unfortunately, the company in question has unethical and shady business practices. I hope I see them out of business soon.
Exactly, its like they had time to view eBay and confirm they had an order in their inbox yet somehow they didnt see the next message in line saying REQUEST FOR ORDER CANCELLATION.

Come on. I contacted BBB about PayPal and eBay and they have much more precense and persuasion than i do.

Just looking for more options or ideas.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #12 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I think you're underestimating the worlds best customer service here. 2 seconds after clicking order those wheels were being carried by an employee, sprinting like a madman towards the delivery truck. And now OP want's to make all that effort meaningless. He's a bad person.
Thank you! Just glad to hear some reasonable replies, after talking to these three companies i have nearly gone postal with rage lol.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #13 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 03:08 PM
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I don't understand how you cannot refuse a package. What if it is damaged?
post #14 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
I don't understand how you cannot refuse a package. What if it is damaged?
I would imagine i would have to request a return. Refusing the package seemed to be the magical answer until i asked eBay about it and they said you would receive no refund. Rather pay shipping than loose $1,700.

'89 YJ Wrangler - Sold
'95 ZJ Orvis Edition
'89 YJ Islander
post #15 of 31 Old 02-29-2016, 03:35 PM
216yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Dude I hate to break it to you but just today I ordered a part from Mcmaster Carr I put the order in before noon and guess what? I already have the package and it's contents are already installed on my Jeep(less than 6 hours) . Not saying every company is that fast but it is possible and it does happen. You have to give the sellers some respect. I get the OP's frustration... This is why I won't deal with people/unscrupulous sellers on places like ebay. It's just not worth the effort when the system breaks down.

Keep in mind the OP says 1 minute but I know that guy about as well as the company he ordered from anyone can manipulate the truth to their benefit and as he even put in the 1st post he was forewarned about processing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.