Gas Gouging - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Gas Gouging

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #31
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
Surprised no one mentioned this...get yourself a gas can (any size will do, make sure the size is labeled on it) and fill it up to the fill line. If the pump shows more gallons than the can, then you have a case.
I remember a story about one gas station that was using a setup where they could adjust it from the counter, so if the vehicle looked like they were measuring it they would just let it work normally, if they thought they could get away with it they hit the switch would then cheat people on the gas

so even if you got someone out to measure it if they are using that trick they could get away with it, but if you are sure your jeep can't take that much I would report it to the chain management

RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #32
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Sorry, I'll try to make some knock knock jokes that maybe you'll be able to understand.
Yeah, i don't understand that because the only person who got to much gas was the guy who had it spilled all over his bike. The other two were being charged for more gas then what they were getting.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #33
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its a weak audience tonight Rob. Use pictures next time. It might make it easier for the young ones.
Unread 01-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #34
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
Its a weak audience tonight Rob. Use pictures next time. It might make it easier for the young ones.

If there is an issue, don't buy gas there...seems like a simple solution.

If you really want to stir the pot, report it to a local news agency and let them do their own independent investigation. They go ga-ga over this kinda stuff around here. But as a Gas Station Manager, I seriously doubt there is an issue considering they are weights and measure audited at least yearly, in addition to random field audits. I'm also fairly certain a "switch" won't do this either since most pumps require special tools to change the dispensing amount and it's not something any technician can just "do". A lot of places also have alarms on the pumps so third parties can't just open them to tinker either.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.