Garbage disposal in the shower... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Garbage disposal in the shower...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
schvilktus

Garbage disposal in the shower...

Iím sure some of you have seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts a garbage disposal in the shower. Iíve been thinking about doing this at my house. I could eliminate the toilet and stop buying TP because I could just poop in the shower. Also, the bathroom would have more floor space for other stuff besides an unsightly toilet. Anyone have experience with this?

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
jeepnmike
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I feel like the poop would stick to the insides of the disposal..but I like where this is going.
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I did this, I would never read anything..... no place to sit/read/poop
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Been there, done that. Plumber's hate it when you don't tell them what the pipe is clogged with!

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
schvilktus

With the free floor space, you could get a leather recliner in there and relax while you brush your teeth, shave, or just have the urge to sit there and fart.

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

OK....EEWwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

I wouldnt do it.
When you do your #2 and then get the steam going with the shower, The smell seems like it clings to the steam and lingers and then feels like you are walking through it...

anyways, Instead of a disposal(due to jeepnmike's forsight), why not have the drain to the tub be able to flush?
Or just have a huge toilet that you can bathe in?

could be a good question for the plumbing forum....http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/

°ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

in the navy, when our showers got clogged, we used 150 psi fire hoses to unclog them. It was fun because if the clogs were real bad, the water from the fire hoses would shoot out of the other shower drains (they were all connected) and if someone was showering, they would get real mad. Same concept for toilets as well, imagine taking a good, healthy poop and then being blasted off the seat by 150psi of salt water, fun times
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #9
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
Same concept for toilets as well, imagine taking a good, healthy poop and then being blasted off the seat by 150psi of salt water, fun times
Freakin lost it.....

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
ctgretzky99
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok, officially gross. You want to squat and take a load in the shower, then turn on a disposal.

First off, the only way to accomplish this would be to leave the drain hole "open". The typical drain grate cant be there unless you want to take the logs and squoosh them into the grate with your feet. So now you have a 3" or so open drain hole. Gross.

Secondly, have you ever even farted in the steamy shower? The smell is tenfold worse than outside the shower. Imagine now a crap?

Thirdly, my experience with disposals is that there will always be some debris left over. So now instead of lettuce or something else, it will be fecal matter. Great air freshener.

Fourthly, what if you have a messy poop one day from a night of drinking, or a stomach virus etc...do you want to power load in the shower with explosive ***?

Im sure sitting here i could come up with more. Gross.
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
schvilktus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgretzky99 View Post
Ok, officially gross. You want to squat and take a load in the shower, then turn on a disposal.

First off, the only way to accomplish this would be to leave the drain hole "open". The typical drain grate cant be there unless you want to take the logs and squoosh them into the grate with your feet. So now you have a 3" or so open drain hole. Gross.

Secondly, have you ever even farted in the steamy shower? The smell is tenfold worse than outside the shower. Imagine now a crap?

Thirdly, my experience with disposals is that there will always be some debris left over. So now instead of lettuce or something else, it will be fecal matter. Great air freshener.

Fourthly, what if you have a messy poop one day from a night of drinking, or a stomach virus etc...do you want to power load in the shower with explosive ***?

Im sure sitting here i could come up with more. Gross.
Which brings up another question or two:

Do you think the corn would still be whole after going through you AND the disposal?

Also, on the messy poop side, i wonder if the the disposal would cause it to froth like some evil frappacino (sp?) coming out of the drain?

Unread 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
RICHARD CRANIUM
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgretzky99 View Post
If you did this you wouldn't need the disposal.
RICHARD CRANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
ctgretzky99
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD CRANIUM View Post
If you did this you wouldn't need the disposal.
Lets see how well dropping logs works into a 3" hole after a week I can assure a clog by then of some nasty crap!

If you leave the grate ON, you will be squooshing logs with your feet.
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
Iím sure some of you have seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts a garbage disposal in the shower. Iíve been thinking about doing this at my house. I could eliminate the toilet and stop buying TP because I could just poop in the shower. Also, the bathroom would have more floor space for other stuff besides an unsightly toilet. Anyone have experience with this?
I feel like this is something someone would write on someone elses' computer if they left it unlocked at work.

If that is not the case, you might be a redneck.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #15
JPete
How 'Bout Dem O's?

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
Also, on the messy poop side, i wonder if the the disposal would cause it to froth like some evil frappacino (sp?) coming out of the drain?
I'm officially nauseous.
JPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.