GAP Insurance - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > GAP Insurance

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #16
ChillyWillys
2008 MK Patriot 

Once again, none of the above (since my last post) applied to us. We traded in a 10 year old Saturn SL-2 that was all paid off. I should have mentioned that to begin with. Sorry 'bout that!

CW

ChillyWillys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Now, is there a huge difference between GAP through your auto insurance company or the financing company? The dealer is trying to tell me to get it through my financing because they are more apt to total the vehicle and just pay the difference vs. and insurance company trying to pay $10k to repair it instead of just totaling it out.

The price difference is fairly significant from what they offered through financing and what it costs to add to my insurance policy per month (Hanover Group/Citizens Insurance Company of the Midwest).

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OH I thought that you meant insurance to keep from getting hooked up with skinny *****es.

Don't want to get lost in thigh gap!
gap.jpg

vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
rcrupper
2007 JK Wrangler 

dont forget that if you get gap insurance and dont keep the vehicle the term of the load, example if you trade it in before it's paid off, you can request a refund for the amount of gap insurance that you didnt use.

if you financed a vehicle for 5 years and trade it in after 2.5 years you should receive half your gap insurance premium back if you request it in writing to the insurer.

rob
rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
sieg
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
any one who finances a car and dose not get GAP is a moron. I pay a few extra bucks a month on my insurance for "loan payoff" which is the same thing. Its totally worth the extra bucks, especially with the way people drive
Hell, I always thought that anyone that owed more on a vehicle than it was worth was a moron.
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #21
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg

Hell, I always thought that anyone that owed more on a vehicle than it was worth was a moron.
Precisely
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #22
number40Fan
2014 JK Wrangler 

I paid for GAP insurance through my regular insurance company on my '11 Ram, but dropped it after a year because the amount I owed was less than what the truck was worth. I do believe that it was a "Loan payoff" option and not called GAP, but same difference.
number40Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
number40Fan
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
If you finance the full amount, just driving off the lot you would be in that situation.
number40Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #24
sieg
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
If you finance the full amount, just driving off the lot you would be in that situation.
Precisely
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #25
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You don't even have to drive it off the lot. If it gets titled then you deal falls through it becomes a "used" car and its value drops.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.