Fun and Inexpensive gifts for kids/preteens - Had Success? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Fun and Inexpensive gifts for kids/preteens - Had Success?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fun and Inexpensive gifts for kids/preteens - Had Success?

I wanted to kick off a thread for those of us whom have nieces, nephews, step-nieces, step-nephews and perhaps also those who have big families.

Goal here is to provide some suggestions that are affordable and fun, even in bulk

my Contribution is the 3 piece Bed Roll set here on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150912997639...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are New Old Stock / Unissued "Bedroll Style" Czech Army sleeping bags.

What makes them fun/unique is that they don't need any more effort than to roll them up and tuck them into a distinct "Pocket" at the top, even little kids can do that without much help!

Also - there are 3 pieces which are buttoned together or unbuttoned to be washed. Perfect for kids who hop into sleeping bags with dirty feet!! Now you can wash the interior cotton sheet and be done. The warming layer is a Polypropylene blanket that is VERY thick and warm. If you buy two units you can button the two blankets into one bag and stay in relative comfort even into very cold conditions.

You'll need to wash them first - keep each one together as you're going to need to keep each one together. I've bought about 16 of these now and the supplier has them from probably 3 or 4 distinct vendors, so there can be nominal differences in the placements of the buttons and such, thus - each one is "unique enough" that it needs to be treated as a somewhat
distinct unit.

I can say with relative authority that 5 nephews, 1 niece and 2 more step-nephews thought these things were THE BOMB. Turns out I could have picked up 3 more for the older step-nephews and step-niece as well!!

I have 2 myself and as it turned out one nephew and my niece lost theirs in a camp trailer surge brake fire and they were so heartbroken I had to order some more of them

bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Interesting concept there.
$30 shipping on a $25 item sure cools my interest though.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Chris - yeah, no debate, however I can say that overseas shipping - while not ideal - is FRIGGING FAST. Less than a week every time from the UK to the Seattle area and they arrive intact.
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.