Fogging up gas mask help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Fogging up gas mask help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #16
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Fog-x. I have some at home if you want to use it, Pete. And for those that said buy the American ones, they fog up too. Plus the imported ones look more menacing. The only time I have been intimidated by a US mask is when they told me to take it off and recite my general orders.

Eyes open; arms flapping!! Haha!
As soon as you take it off "I FORGOT MY 5TH GENERAL ORDER, SORRY!".

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Fog-x. I have some at home if you want to use it, Pete. And for those that said buy the American ones, they fog up too. Plus the imported ones look more menacing. The only time I have been intimidated by a US mask is when they told me to take it off and recite my general orders.

Eyes open; arms flapping!! Haha!
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #18
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
As soon as you take it off "THIS RECRUIT FORGOT HIS 5TH GENERAL ORDER, SIR!".
FIFY!
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome costume!!!! I like the gas mask over the PB mask but they're both pretty bad***!!
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Kuntryboy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
nwiTJdave

I had to go through the NBC NCO defense course. The whole thing is spent in mopp lvl 3 and 4, including classroom and pt. Sucked major ***. They almost sent us to Germany to spend 8 hours in a nerve agent chamber. Glad my battalion didn't think we were worth the flight, lol.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #21
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Dive shop anti fog items are not as effective when not in the water. The best thing is to get a bar of soap (without grit so don't use Lava) get a good lather up with a very small amount of water you want a heavy soap slime not a watered down soapy slime, you will know what I mean as you go along. Take the lather/soap slime and smear it all over the lenses of the gas mask/ski mask/glasses/ inside of vehicle windows, ensure you cover the lenses completely with a good layer of lather/slime. Let it dry fully, and I mean very dry not just looks dry that is why the less water you use to get the slime up the better off you are.

When the coating of soap fully dries take a soft clean dry cotton cloth and buff the lenses. You want to wipe all the soap slime off of the lenses. If it isn't dry it will smear and make a mess so make sure it is dry.

When done you will have a nice fog proof lenses which will be great for going from hot to cold areas all day and all night. It works very well on ski goggles, motor cycle helmets, regular every day glasses.

How it works is there is a super fine layer of soap left on the lenses that acts as a surfactant not allowing the fog to attach to the glass or plastic lens. You will have to re apply on occasion but it will work for a few days at least so it will get you through a halloween party or a sorority murder spree. Plus it is almost free unless you have to go buy a bar of soap to get the lather or slime from.

Even those fancy sea shell shaped soaps your wife or gf keeps in a basket on the back of the toilet will work good for this.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post
FIFY!
We didn't have to say it like that in Navy boot. We were more civilized or some ****, something about new Navy, hooyah, anchors aweigh, drink to the foam doesn't mean drinking, something about keeping your balls shaved, and some deal about folding clothes.

Navy boot ain't that hard.

And then I landed in a Seabee battalion and **** got real, it got real gay real quick. As in somebody took it too far but you shant be outdone kind of too far. As in the FNG gets traumatized too far.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #23
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Grape, I have read that if you have a glass shower door and don't want them to fog up then rub some hair conditioner on them/it .

Same diff. maybe ?

Opie, have you tried to Google this type of problem ?

Would Rain-X work ?
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #24
1coopgt
2005 KJ Liberty 

Welcome to the Umbrella Corporation .
1coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.