Fix-A-Flat,Lawn Mowers, and tire pressure. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Fix-A-Flat,Lawn Mowers, and tire pressure.

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
metalgod

Fix-A-Flat,Lawn Mowers, and tire pressure.

My Dad's riding mower tires were all low on pressure. I was over at his place today helping him to get it ready for the season. He said he had some Fix-A-Flat and told me to put it in the tires. I dont use the stuff so I read the instructions and went at it. It says to put all that the tire will hold until the Fix-A-Flat stops flowing into the tire. So after doing all four tires I thought it seemed like the tires were bulging so I checked the pressure. I couldn't believe it over 55PSI! On a tire that calls for 14psi. Is this normal for Fix-A-Flat and could this be dangerous? It doesnt sound good to me. I told my dad about it but he did seem to care and drove it around for a while like it says to do. I havent checked the pressure since then I dont want the damn thing to blow up in my face. Is there any danger here? What should I do?

metalgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lower the pressure to the recommended psi. If the fix a flat is going to find the leak it would have done so by now.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
cmotsvt

Funny thing is that there was no leak, at least not one that needed fixed. Just about any riding lawnmower/ATV/gator tire that I have ever seen has needed air after a few months.
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
metalgod

what would be the best way to release all of that pressure?

cmotsvt: your right, there was no leak but my dads the type of guy that you do what he says just to keep from hearing him b!tch.
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
cmotsvt

A railroad spike?
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
pyro9862

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotsvt
A railroad spike?
Someone is a
It says right on the can if the tire is overpressurized to
1. Shoot with .460 round
2. Place said tire in your home and set fire to it

The directions are written for car tires. In most car tires a can like that won't get you anywhere near the recommended tire pressure. Best way to let the pressure out is just grab something skinny and push the valve stem in. It should only take thirty seconds or so for a little lawn tractor tire to bleed off that pressure.
pyro9862 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
metalgod

Thanks for the help, that took care of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.