Firefighting Jeep Club - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Firefighting Jeep Club

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #31
fyrfyter43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
why do firemen always feel compelled to advertise to the whole world that they have a good job....?.....
maybe i should get a big sticker that says "factory loser" and put it on the back of my jeep,so everyone knows i work in a factory.... and print up some shirts....
Then again, some of us are volunteers.

fyrfyter43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #32
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Duke44jb... #44 cool.

"Then again, some of us are volunteers"

ditto on the volunteers... Vollies do it for free...

"why do firemen always feel compelled to advertise to the whole world that they have a good job....?.....
maybe i should get a big sticker that says "factory loser" and put it on the back of my jeep,so everyone knows i work in a factory.... and print up some shirts.... "

I guess I would be a "CAD Loser?"
Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
truckie453 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #33
my1st1980CJ5
2006 KJ Liberty 

fftr

hey guys, im actually an Explorer (Improperly refered to as "juniors", were affiliated with boy scouts) n e way, I am located outside of St. Louis, MO, (west) at Metro West Fire Protection District. weve got 5 houses, 10 trucks, and 6 abulances, and i think 65 paid, and some reserves, and 15 explorers. we run plenty enough calls, too many to remember off the top of are head, but we quiet enough to get sleep, which is nice. (City guys run too many for my sleep patern) lol. what number are we up too n e way?
my1st1980CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2004, 10:58 PM   #34
talonegress

I've gotta join this club too. Even though i'm in the military now i was and still am a member of the Warrior Run Area Volunteer Fire Department(formerly West Branch Vol. Fire Dept.). My grandfather, grandmother, mom, and stepdad are all firefighters and EMT's. I still plan on persuing bein a firefighter whenever i am back home visiting and when i get out of the military. I love being a firefighter and kinda wish i woulda joined the military as a firefighter.

Edit: I guess i'll take #20(fav nascar driver) if its available!
Air Force Jeep Club #1

Last edited by talonegress; 08-11-2004 at 02:48 AM..
talonegress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #35
WRFD17

WELCOME ALL !!!!!

N R A JEEP Club # 1
Blue Jeep Club Member #57
Firefighting Jeep Club #4
M.W.J.T.
WRFD17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2004, 03:09 AM   #36
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I kind of always wanted to be a firefighter...

It is exciting and I love to play with fire.

I actually got to help fight a fire before. The neighbor's house(Read: two mobile homes put together.) lit on fire. The first tanker to arrive was volunteer and only had two people. I was helping with the hoses until whole fleets arrive a few minutes later. Trucks and tankers for 1/4 a mile. We always get a few townships showing up because of the forest. Forest fire BAD JUJU! Just gave me a sense of pride helping out.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #37
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Ok I'm in Brother. If it's ok give #13910. Covers my badge numbers for the two departments I'm in.
Monell Engine and New Paltz Fire. Stay safe Brothers.

77' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #38
jeepkidd9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Volunteer firefighter in BC Canada for the past 5 years would love to take # 26 if possiable
jeepkidd9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #39
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Numbers are arbitrary... take whatcha like
Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #40
FmIaRnEtJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Full time F/F emt haz mat tech Local F-282
FmIaRnEtJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #41
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

So truckie, I'm guessing by your name you ride the truck and not the engine.

77' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #42
MontyTJ02
2008 JK Wrangler 

Agawam Call Fire Dept. Engine Company 3. Portable #84

My old XJ

I dont have any good ones of my TJ but I have the same set up in it as well.

You guys can visit our site here.

http://www.agawamcallfire.com
FireFighter's Jeep Club #84

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Im getting tired of thinking...guess I'll do some wishful drinking.
MontyTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #43
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
So truckie, I'm guessing by your name you ride the truck and not the engine.
Started on a truck and then got drawn into the world of HEAVY RESCUE. Irons are great, but you gotta love the hurst tool.
Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Unread 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #44
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Fellow Incende Proliatores... Throw me in the mix whereever I may fit, I am flexible. I am a Captain...a 25 year Truckie by design 6'5" 245.. L-246.. been on longer than most covering over three decades. Still livin the dream!! Soon to come to an end but until then I live to fight the beast..one more day at a time! I live for the duece and a half with a hog (smoothbore 1 1/8th nozzle)

This is one man's quest for sanity in a city destined to burn
Uncle Willy, The InnKeeper #3
06 Rubicon locked and loaded....
NEVERSWEAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #45
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
why do firemen always feel compelled to advertise to the whole world that they have a good job....?.....
maybe i should get a big sticker that says "factory loser" and put it on the back of my jeep,so everyone knows i work in a factory.... and print up some shirts....
not all do.. some talk little and just do the job..it is what we do. I hail from a long line of Irish FF's the earliest being those of Pumper Co's that were of the cistern guard in NYC. Talking about chatter?? Elders passed down they were loud and totally boisterous, some even to the point of obnoxious. I think it is an issue of pride. To belong to such a brotherhood is incredibly rewarding.
Uncle Willy, The InnKeeper #3
06 Rubicon locked and loaded....
NEVERSWEAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.