Extreme weather alert!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Extreme weather alert!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Extreme weather alert!!!

The national weather service has issued an alert for our region!

... apparently we're going to be experiencing something called "rain", with certain high elevation areas will be bombarded with the somewhat less terrifying sounding "snow", I don't precisely know what that is, but "rain" sounds particularly nasty.

It appears that we're getting anywhere from 0.25" to 0.5" of this stuff, so I expect local agencies will declare a state of emergency, just in case.

I'm just so glad they give us advance warning so we can run out to the stores and buy all the bread, water and beans we can lay our hands on, there's no telling how long this will last!

Unread 12-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Don't forget the candles and batteries.

I suspect they get a bonus when they issue weather alerts. Our local weather service has been issuing warnings for as little as a couple inches of snow. I live in NW Montana, a couple inches of snow is a minor issue a best.

Anyway, I hope you get through this impending disaster OK.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

I think they are issuing a weather alert because it seems like every year, a majority of the people on the road forget how to drive in snow. They think that in snow they can drive the same speed and stop at the same speed as on dry pavement...
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki View Post
The national weather service has issued an alert for our region!

... apparently we're going to be experiencing something called "rain", with certain high elevation areas will be bombarded with the somewhat less terrifying sounding "snow", I don't precisely know what that is, but "rain" sounds particularly nasty.

It appears that we're getting anywhere from 0.25" to 0.5" of this stuff, so I expect local agencies will declare a state of emergency, just in case.

I'm just so glad they give us advance warning so we can run out to the stores and buy all the bread, water and beans we can lay our hands on, there's no telling how long this will last!
I just survived a horrible bashing from this devil precipitation called rain yesterday. We had an unheard of 1.25"!!! I thought my home was going to be destroyed.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you came through it alright.
St. Paul just got 14 inches of snow last Sunday the 9th. Took two days to dig out the drivway and sidewalks at my house.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerup View Post
Glad to hear you came through it alright.
St. Paul just got 14 inches of snow last Sunday the 9th. Took two days to dig out the drivway and sidewalks at my house.
We've had about that much rain in a couple days a few months ago. The major creek in my town broke record flood levels that was set back in the 60s or 70s, multiple roads were completely washed out leaving people stuck at home. Many peoples cars couldn't make it down their roads through the water to their homes so I was playing super taxi and taking everyone to their homes. Made me feel good about myself.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude386 View Post
I think they are issuing a weather alert because it seems like every year, a majority of the people on the road forget how to drive in snow. They think that in snow they can drive the same speed and stop at the same speed as on dry pavement...

Yeah, there are some pretty crazy people out there. Sometimes I can't help but think they are suicidal.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyXJ View Post
Yeah, there are some pretty crazy people out there. Sometimes I can't help but think they are suicidal.
I go to school in Columbia, MO. We have all the southern students who go to MU and haven't ever driven in snow before. Ditches are full every morning it snows (hasn't yet this winter though). I love driving in snow, but around here I have a horrible fear of getting hit all the time.
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The weatherman says it will rain today; first time in about three months. If it doesn't, I'm leading a lynch mob and we're going straight to the TV studio to get that weatherman.
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #10
Winterwheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

In our area they issue weather alerts for when it Stops snowing.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
We've had about that much rain in a couple days a few months ago. The major creek in my town broke record flood levels that was set back in the 60s or 70s, multiple roads were completely washed out leaving people stuck at home. Many peoples cars couldn't make it down their roads through the water to their homes so I was playing super taxi and taking everyone to their homes. Made me feel good about myself.
It's always fun to play taxi, just the fact you can go where no one else can is cool.
I think that a lot of rain does way more damage than snow any day. The snow is just fun to play in.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

The sky started leaking yesterday at 5p.m. It didn't stop until 9a.m. this morning. I bet we got at least a 1/4" of wetness. There is a big puddle of water near the drivers side door of my car so that means I have to call off work; can't get to my car, can't get to work.
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well played, weatherman. It sprinkled for a few minutes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.