Everclear Grain Alcohol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Everclear Grain Alcohol

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Everclear Grain Alcohol

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place to order it from? I can not find it localy and the couple online places I know of want 40 bucks a bottle shipped for a fifth.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can you ship alchohol? Can one of your local party stores order you one?

I have a bottle of that stuff in my freezer. I have not touched it since college.

Why do you want it so bad?
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Rebel442
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow I know cali is a communist state but you should still be able to get everclear at any corner liquor store.
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU View Post
Can you ship alchohol? Can one of your local party stores order you one?

I have a bottle of that stuff in my freezer. I have not touched it since college.

Why do you want it so bad?
I guess it is illegal to sell that high of a proof in CA but from what I gather I can have it shipped to me. I want a bottle as a gift for someone who has been asking for it for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
Wow I know cali is a communist state but you should still be able to get everclear at any corner liquor store.

The highest proof I can get at the store is 151, I guess I can go down and ask my local guy.
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

On more than one occasion I have bought liquor locally and shipped it to another state. They key is to secure it in a plastic bag, wrap with bubble wrap, and not tell the shipper what you are shipping.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
GSU_DAVE

It's not that uncommon for states to ban grain alcohol. honestly i've never seen anything good come out of drinking it. I never liked having it at the parties we threw.

Hunch punch is the #1 reason why college kids have alcohol poisoning..
GSU_DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

Hey Chris, got your PM, and I havent needed to lok for any since college... but I will try and look around this weekend for you.
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

its ok to ship alcohol. if you do though it usually has to be signed for by someone over 21.

and yea, you cant buy everclear at any stores in CA. we had some at a party not too long ago from new mexico. 98% alcohol 180 proof i think. that **** was rough. it tasted like fire. but man that was a fun night.
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU_DAVE View Post
And here I thought it was lack of self-control.

Nice to know the student isn't to blame.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
GSU_DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkchaser View Post
And here I thought it was lack of self-control.

Nice to know the student isn't to blame.
The problem is that most of the its (young) girls that drink it since most haven't acquired a taste for beer. most of them barely know their drinking limits as it is.. and thats normally with vodka, which is 80-100 proof. You suddenly double that on them, and they get plastered. which sounds "cool" when you are a 19 year old dude and can only get laid if the girl is passing out... but its pretty dangerous stuff.
GSU_DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan318 View Post
Hey Chris, got your PM, and I havent needed to lok for any since college... but I will try and look around this weekend for you.
Thanks.
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The problem is that most of the its (young) girls that drink it since most haven't acquired a taste for beer. most of them barely know their drinking limits as it is.. and thats normally with vodka, which is 80-100 proof. You suddenly double that on them, and they get plastered. which sounds "cool" when you are a 19 year old dude and can only get laid if the girl is passing out... but its pretty dangerous stuff.
That called rape where I come from.
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_punk View Post
its ok to ship alcohol. if you do though it usually has to be signed for by someone over 21.

and yea, you cant buy everclear at any stores in CA. we had some at a party not too long ago from new mexico. 98% alcohol 180 proof i think. that **** was rough. it tasted like fire. but man that was a fun night.
98% would be 196 proof... 180 proof would be 90%... Im just sayin'....
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
04WJchick
2004 WJ 

Quote:

That stuff is MEAN. You don't realize how much you've had until you're running around acting a fool.. LOL. Ask me how I know.
04WJchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

leave ca. no one will ship you a bottle there. sucks to be you. 40 bucks is pretty close to what it costs. It is manufactured at about a dollar a bottle.

If they sold it at 5 dollars a bottle there would be a lot more alcohol related deaths.
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.