Ever had something happen you can't explain? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #61
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJforlife
Sounds like your cats are messing w/ you. They could have moved it, maybe they are sitting back laughing........internally of course
Prolly, if it wasnt 5 feet in the air, and maybe if my cats had claws and the thing didnt weigh 20 lbs

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #62
white98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have weird **** like this happen all the time...

like a few months ago at work, every day, i usually work from the back room to the front room to clean...so, by the time i am in the front room, everyone is gone, the doors are locked, and its dead silent....well, im blowin out the CNC machine, and there is a gate that locks from the outside, well, im on the inside, and when i get done to go back in the front of the CNC, the gate is shut, and locked....and im trapped in there

so of course, im thinkin WTF, and so i go search the whole shop and cant find anyone....

still have no clue on what the hell went on, but it sure had me freaked out....
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #63
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2door
Also, I swear my cats can see stuff I cant, I was watching TV one night and I just got cold chills, I turn really fast and both cats are just sitting there staring into nothing, following something with their eyes, like whatever they seeis moving.

That's the winner in my book.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #64
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

When I was about sixteen, we moved into a different house. It was WAAAAYYY out in the country in mississippi. It was an old house that had a new addition built onto the front. That day, I was home alone, watching basketball. I was sitting in a recliner with my back to the front door. To the right of my chair and the door a long (dark) hallway led to the older part of the house. I was trying to watch the ballgame, but there was a glare from the window in the front door. It had one of those little mini-blinds on it, so I got up to close it. I turned the little twisty-stick thing until it was closed then sat back down in my chair. As soon as I sat down, I heard a sound that sounded exactly like someone had run their fingers up the blinds. I immediately froze and all the hair on my body stood on end. I turned around slowly, and the middle portion of the blinds was open again. It scared the **** out of me. I've never been a scardy-cat and even hunted in the woods alone at night at the age of 12, but that scared me. I can't explain it. I can't even replicate it. It was like if you stood there and carefully turned each plastic blade in the middle so that they were open while the rest of the blinds were still closed. I don't know what it was, but I went outside until my parents came home.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #65
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
When I was about sixteen, we moved into a different house. It was WAAAAYYY out in the country in mississippi. It was an old house that had a new addition built onto the front. That day, I was home alone, watching basketball. I was sitting in a recliner with my back to the front door. To the right of my chair and the door a long (dark) hallway led to the older part of the house. I was trying to watch the ballgame, but there was a glare from the window in the front door. It had one of those little mini-blinds on it, so I got up to close it. I turned the little twisty-stick thing until it was closed then sat back down in my chair. As soon as I sat down, I heard a sound that sounded exactly like someone had run their fingers up the blinds. I immediately froze and all the hair on my body stood on end. I turned around slowly, and the middle portion of the blinds was open again. It scared the **** out of me. I've never been a scardy-cat and even hunted in the woods alone at night at the age of 12, but that scared me. I can't explain it. I can't even replicate it. It was like if you stood there and carefully turned each plastic blade in the middle so that they were open while the rest of the blinds were still closed. I don't know what it was, but I went outside until my parents came home.
Holy ish... *chills*

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:04 AM   #66
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Didn't really want to mention this before, because it's still kind of painful for me, but it does seem to fit for this thread.

My dad passed away 20 Jan 07, but officially he wasn't found until the 21st when I couldn't get a hold of him and had my uncle go by to check on him. Anyway, the night he actually died, I was laying in bed asleep and my dog started barking, he only barked when someone came to the door or rang the doorbell. Anyway, he was facing the closet/bathroom area and then actually stood up and turned his head and barked again then as if he figured out what it was, stopped and then went over to that area and sat down looking up. I of course sat up and looked then turned on the light and everything and didn't see a thing. I didn't really put it togehter until later that it happened. I have heard before that when close relatives die that they will come see you before they go.

It wasn't until a month later that I had the most vivid dream that he came to visit me and we had this long conversation, I actually woke up and remembered every word just like I had just gotten off the phone with him, I do have to say it was the calmest I had felt in a very long time.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #67
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The only weirds ones I have were from my old job. One of my duties was the tuesday night movie. That theater was known to be haunted. Never had any problems when showing the films, but afterwards weird **** would happen. I had to break down the flim at the end of the night. Using the same sound system as the 35mm projector, the volume would sometimes fluctuate. The first time I just passed is as a problem and told my boss.

Then one night the lights started fluctuating in the audience. I look out from the back room and the lights started to settle, when all of a sudden just one row of lights went off. It freaked me out a bit, so I went to the dimmer, and just before I hit the full on button, all the lights went out. I almost pissed my pants. I told my boss about it the next day, and he just said "so you've been visted by the ghost."

Apparently one of my co-works would have the curten fly open and close on them. My boss also had his laptop freak out in the same theater. The mouse just got a mind of its own, opening random files; he had no control over it, even the power button didn't work. Once he left the room it went back to normal.

There was also at the other end of the building a elevator that we used to move our equiptment. I went in the elevator to move the equiptment to the second floor while my co-workers unloaded the truck. I got it, pushed 2 and it went to three, opened and closed really fast, the to 2, open and closed really fast, then back down to one. I couldn't figure it out, there wasn't anyone else in the building except a radio DJ, and they didn't have a key to the elevator.

The last one is at the dorms. I was in the tower, and about 7 years eailer a woman droped a baby down the garbage shoot. It was located in one of the stair wells, and they closed it off with some cage material. I was in some guys room one night that was by those stairs and we started to hear a baby cry.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:24 AM   #68
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik
Didn't really want to mention this before, because it's still kind of painful for me, but it does seem to fit for this thread.

My dad passed away 20 Jan 07, but officially he wasn't found until the 21st when I couldn't get a hold of him and had my uncle go by to check on him. Anyway, the night he actually died, I was laying in bed asleep and my dog started barking, he only barked when someone came to the door or rang the doorbell. Anyway, he was facing the closet/bathroom area and then actually stood up and turned his head and barked again then as if he figured out what it was, stopped and then went over to that area and sat down looking up. I of course sat up and looked then turned on the light and everything and didn't see a thing. I didn't really put it togehter until later that it happened. I have heard before that when close relatives die that they will come see you before they go.

It wasn't until a month later that I had the most vivid dream that he came to visit me and we had this long conversation, I actually woke up and remembered every word just like I had just gotten off the phone with him, I do have to say it was the calmest I had felt in a very long time.
that for some reason gave me a big chill.
Sorry to hear about your dad
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #69
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Staring at the PC monitor, I can see, in my peripheral vision, down the hall way in our house, and with my bedroom door open and my desk lamp on, the light will reflect off the hall wall which I have a clear view of. On several occasions, I have glimpsed a shadow moving down the hall (courtesy of the light from my lamp) and ofcourse I will glance over and see nothing and I will even walk into my room and there will be no one there.

my cat also likes to sleep next to the computer when I'm on it. At 3 seperate and random times, late at night, she got up and got into "alert" mode, her eyes will get massive and she will stare off at.....well, nothing, pretty much what happened to black2door.

and one night, I was trying to get to sleep and this horrifying feeling took me over, I had NEVER in my life felt this before and ever since, have never been able to create this feeling for myself or have experienced it ever again. It was like I was not alone, I could sense something was there, and was not there with good intentions, chills ran down my back, one after another at a rapid pace none stop and at first I wanted to jump up and run out of the room screaming but I could not move, all I could do was try and push myself into the mattress and then I nearly started crying, the urge was so intense. The ordeal lasted about 2 minutes and then it went away....just poof, it was gone, I didn't get a wince of sleep that night and will never forget it.

there, that's all my ghost stories .
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #70
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

when I was 17 I ended up sleeping over at my girlfriends house one night. I passed out on the couch, about 2 in the morning her Mom came in there and...

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #71
fundabug

I was visiting with some friends that lived a couple of hours away a few years back. My friends and another couple shared this huge old house from the early 1800's sitting in the back of about 400 acres. It seemed like it was a 30 min ride down an old dirt road back to this house from the nearest paved road...which was a one lane country road about 20 miles from the nearest two lane road. This house had been abandonded for about 20 years when they found it and started fixing it up. Since it was in the South, the rear area of the house was the former slave quarters and had several small back stairways and tunnels up to the master bedrooms. These were used for slaves so they could move about the house without being seen. We sat up in the old kitchen until late that night joking and shooting the bull. We all got a bit hungry and fixed a snack. We were sitting there at the table when all of the sudden the kitchen door going outside opened all the way and then slammed back shut. Then a few seconds later one of the little wooden doors across the kitchen that led to the back stairway to the old master bedroom, opened and slammed shut. Then there was a faint knocking sound like someone dropping a rubber ball down wooden stairs. I would have loved to see a picture of my face at that moment because I know my eyes were as big a dinner plates. The people that lived in the house just kept on eating like it was nothing. When they noticed me sitting wide eyed, they started laughing and said,"It's just the spook that lives upstairs." I set up my tent outside in the yard and slept there for the rest of my visit.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #72
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
I have had freaky stuff like that happen on some hunting land I own where the previous owner had died falling out of a tree stand on the road I hunt...

I always park my vehicles at the entrance behind a gate...my passenger rear tire on my old TJ was flat 2 days in a row when I would come back from hunting...I would pump it back up and drive home and it was fine....never leaked at home....

The next time I went brought a pick up truck I had out there and the same tire on the passenger side on it was flat when I got back from hunting....pumped it up and never leaked again...

It somewhat freaked me out....

I don't park in the same spot anymore.....

The hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I am walking in to my stand in one certain spot....when I go back out....it stands up again in the same spot....spooky...I tend to power walk out or there at night...
Oh Hell no! I don't like walking to my stand when its still dark in the morning. If I had your experience....OH HELL NO!!

31x10.5 BFG MT KM2
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #73
doug_1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

About five years ago I lost my hunting license, up at camp, on the opening day of buck season. I didn't relize it till the next day at home (100 miles away). My brother was going to college at Clarion, which is about a 30 minute drive to our camp. So I asked him to ride over to see if it was in the camper, or around the area. He couldn't find it around. He said as he was getting in his car to go home, he remembered instantly, a dream he had the night before. He found a hunting license in the woods, but didn't see the name on it. Now we have been hunting these grounds for at least 15 years, and spent alot of time up there with our Dad. He said he remembered finding it, picking it up, and looking around. He knew exactly where he was. Now this is about 3,600 acres we hunt on. He said he had to go to that spot to just check. Sure enuf there was my license laying on the ground. He has no idea why he thought of it like that, or why he dreamed it, but its true.

Kinda unexplainable.

Plato
doug_1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #74
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

it's a kind of remote viewing, usually takes years of practice, you should tell him to contact the CIA for further testing...wait that program was dismantled years ago, nevermind.

(have him contact me)

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #75
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, some of the placed i've woken up in after a long night of drinking.
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.