Ever had something happen you can't explain? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #46
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

I only suggested it because it sounded familiar

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #47
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I always flip out when i read stuff like this.

The only wierd feelings i get is when i shut the lights off and go up the stairs from the basement. Always feels like someone is RIGHT behind me until i get to the top.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #48
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

Years ago a couple friends and I used to camp on a hill overlooking this lake. One time when we arrived at our camping spot, we noticed that somebody had carved a cross in the bark of a nearby pine tree since the last time we camped there. Without much thought about the latest vandalism we set up camp. Come bedtime I unrolled my bedroll out on the ground as the sky was clear and the moon was bright and full. One of my friends slept in his tent and the other was lazier than me and crawled in his car.
Along when I was about asleep I felt drops of water hit my face. I sat up but didn't see anything. Nothing above me, no tree, no cloud, no wind, nothing. The sky was clear and the moon was as bright as could be. Not giving it much thought, I laid back down to sleep. Pretty soon, oh, two or three minutes later my friend in the tent hollered at me asking if I was peeing on his tent. I said no. He asked me if the other guy was peeing on his tent. From where I was I could see other guy was still in his car and nobody was around the tent. I got up and my friend crawled out his tent and there was for sure a wet spot next to the tent.

Discussing what happened later on with some other people we learned that a boy had drowned down the hill from our camp about a month before we were there. It was his family that carved the cross on the tree. The supernatural theory is that the spirit of the boy came from the lake dripping water, walked past me, and stood by the tent.

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #49
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
Ever had something happen you cant explain?
I just thought of something. Morning wood. No explanation whatsoever.
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #50
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwit
Years ago a couple friends and I used to camp on a hill overlooking this lake. One time when we arrived at our camping spot, we noticed that somebody had carved a cross in the bark of a nearby pine tree since the last time we camped there. Without much thought about the latest vandalism we set up camp. Come bedtime I unrolled my bedroll out on the ground as the sky was clear and the moon was bright and full. One of my friends slept in his tent and the other was lazier than me and crawled in his car.
Along when I was about asleep I felt drops of water hit my face. I sat up but didn't see anything. Nothing above me, no tree, no cloud, no wind, nothing. The sky was clear and the moon was as bright as could be. Not giving it much thought, I laid back down to sleep. Pretty soon, oh, two or three minutes later my friend in the tent hollered at me asking if I was peeing on his tent. I said no. He asked me if the other guy was peeing on his tent. From where I was I could see other guy was still in his car and nobody was around the tent. I got up and my friend crawled out his tent and there was for sure a wet spot next to the tent.

Discussing what happened later on with some other people we learned that a boy had drowned down the hill from our camp about a month before we were there. It was his family that carved the cross on the tree. The supernatural theory is that the spirit of the boy came from the lake dripping water, walked past me, and stood by the tent.

OOhhhhh touche!
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #51
Nuthin
Curses! Foiled again!!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ever had something happen you cant explain?

Uh, I once got engaged to a guy and I still can't figure out what I was thinking. That's likely not what you mean, though.
--You're doing it wrong. - Cause --I don't care. At least I'm doing it. - AKABOB
"The minute you hear ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’, watch out…because in a truly free nation, no one has to tell you you’re free.” Jacque Fresco

Tread Lightly - Stay the Trail
Wardrobe by Levi, makeup by Chance, hairstyle by Wrangler
Nuthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #52
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwit

I guess the thought of an animal taking a leak on the side of the tent is out of the question? Maybe it dribbled on you as it was leaving?

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #53
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I was going on a trip to Colorado with 5 of my friends. We boarded the plane here in Austin and we went to DFW airport. I had a weird feeling before we even boarded. Once on the plane there was a delay and I saw a flash of the plane crashing. I freaked out and panicked. I was yelling at my friends the plane would crash and they escourted me out. My friends went with me and tried to calm me down.

While we were waiting, the plane took off but crashed at the end of the runway. We were freaked out completely by it but just considered it REAL lucky. We rented a cra and drove to Colorado.

About 1 month after the trip one of my buddies died in a flash flood. Weird sinse he was a great swimmer. A week later another buddy died when his parachute didn't open. Dude was an instructer with plenty of jumps under his belt. 2 weeks later my third friend died in a botched mugging, but the dude studied GavMaga and never had any issues holding his own.

I figured out that they were dying in the order of the seating arangement. With that logic, I woudl be next to die! I calle duo my buddy and he came over to figure out what to do. As he entered the door and hi back was to me, I buried a pick axle int ohis skull and killed him. Figured if I screwed up the order I would be fine. I wrapped his body and dumped him in the river in a remote area and headed home.

I stopped to get some beer and to rent a movie. Got home and slammed a few beers and put the flick in. There was this staticy looking image on my TV and then a black ring. I died 24 hours later! Freaky huh?

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #54
TJforlife
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was spending one of my first nights w/ a girlfriend (back when I was single). We were laying in a totally quiet house. She was telling how it was haunted while we were laying there in bed in dead silence. She mentioned several stories about how it was haunted and how her boy could see this old man. Well she said the bathroom sink would sometimes turn on for no reason. The bathroom is right next to her bedroom. Just after she told me that story, the sink turned on by itself. We freaked!!! I had to be the one to go turn it off.
TJforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #55
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Hell tcourdin! Your kid is 3. Give him a 12 gauge and tell him that daddy isnt always going to be there to protect him. JK

Thats some spooky stuff.

I had an old farmhouse and I would hear footsteps and doors opening and closing. Freaked me out at first but I just got used to it. Well not really used to it but I didnt grab for the shotgun everytime after a couple of years. The odd thing was I got my daughter every other weekend. The weekends I had her. I never heard a thing.
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #56
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd
I did however once paint a painting of a single chair in a dark room with one lightbulb. I don't know where i got the idea but I painted it and it is creepy. I liked it though and hung it in the bedroom. I had horrible nightmares and to this day swear that painting is the portal to hell. being ever skeptic I asked a close friend to hang the painting in her room and let me know in a week or two if she liked living with it. she had no knowledge of the nightmares. 3 days later she called explaining these terrible nightmares. I took the painting back and hid it in the closet in a trash bag. the nightmares stopped. but the latter could be subliminal or coincidence I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
My grandmother's sister had just bought a new house (in Arkansas) and were joking about the previous tenant joking about how they thought it was haunted. My sister and I were walking upstairs, shoulder to shoulder, felt something between a hand brush and a strong breeze blow across the backs of our necks, and we stopped cold turkey. Neither of us said anything, but we both looked at eachother knowing exactly what just happened, even though we had no idea what just happened. We looked around and saw that no windows were opened, and there wasn't air conditioning in the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeKid
I was downhill skiing one winter .. riding the lift to the top of the hill. All of a sudden I felt a hand grab my shoulder ... it wouldn't have freaked me out too much, except that I was alone and at least 25' off the ground!

As I spun my head to look around, I heard a voice over my shoulder saying "Don't move" .. just seconds before the lift came to a halt ..

It really sent shivers through me .. and it wasn't because of the cold.

Don't know why, but these gave me the biggest chills

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #57
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Has anyone ever just been laying in bed and suddenly feel like the bed is falling out from under you? And try and catch yourself? That happeded to me last night.

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #58
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

On that note Andrew, i have something similar happen to me every so often.

What happens is i'm dreaming and i fall in the dream and then wake up SUDDENLY and try and catch myself, usually kicking with one leg.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #59
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panici
On that note Andrew, i have something similar happen to me every so often.

What happens is i'm dreaming and i fall in the dream and then wake up SUDDENLY and try and catch myself, usually kicking with one leg.
Well, Im not asleep, Im just laying there trying to get to sleep. Usually on one of those nights where you just lay there and you CANNOT get to sleep. I just feel like Im falling right through my bed

Also, I swear my cats can see stuff I can, I was watching TV one night and I just got cold chills, I turn really fast and both cats are just sitting there staring into nothing, following something with their eyes, like whatever they seeis moving.

And my dad died in 2001, and ever since then we have kept his ashes in the center of our mantle, I pass it every night on the way to my room, and one night when I woke up at probably 3 to go to the bathroom, it had moved over about 2 feet and was sitting right on the edge of the front of the mantle, and I know it wasnt there at 10 when I went to bed.

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #60
TJforlife
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2door
And my dad died in 2001, and ever since then we have kept his ashes in the center of our mantle, I pass it every night on the way to my room, and one night when I woke up at probably 3 to go to the bathroom, it had moved over about 2 feet and was sitting right on the edge of the front of the mantle, and I know it wasnt there at 10 when I went to bed.
Sounds like your cats are messing w/ you. They could have moved it, maybe they are sitting back laughing........internally of course
TJforlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.