Ever had something happen you can't explain? - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #451
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just want to say thanks for all those contributions! This is by far the coolest thread! I read from page 1 till now... I hope it keeps going! Love the experiences & stories!!!

DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #452
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Halloween bump!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #453
SLAGdawg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've seen and heard a lot of weird stuff happening in my fraternity house. Johnny Cash even made an appearance in 1965 the night he got arrested in Starkville and wrote the song Starkville City Jail. Since the house was built in the 20's (it partially burned down on Christmas Eve in the 60's) there have been about 5 people die inside. Anyway about the creepy stuff. Whenever something strange happened we always just said it was Wes (a guy who fell off the roof and died).

One night the day before bid day I went to sleep with my bid day jersey (the jersey we wear every year when we accept new recruits) hanging up on the wall still reeking of beer from the last year. I had locked all the doors with deadbolts because you tend to get messed with if guys can get into your room. The next morning my roommate asked my why my jersey was folded neatly on the couch. I told him I hadn't touched it and his eyes got wider than I've seen anyone's eyes get. They guy everyone blamed for ghost type stuff had died on bid day.

On the other end of my hallway, a fraternity alumni lived in the house about 5 years before me in a room where a guy who had died downstairs in the kitchen after falling out of the back of a pickup truck had also lived. The night the guy died he was wearing khaki shorts and an orange polo. He said he woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of change jingling in a pocket and saw this guy who matched that description walking to the window in the room. Whenever the guy saw it he just thought it was a bad dream and rolled over going back to sleep. The next morning he told his roommate about the nightmare and his roommate immediately ran to the bathroom and started puking. Apparently he saw the same thing.

Those are just a few of the specific stories. There are more things that happened routinely like banging in the hallways and slamming of doors on weekends where there were less than 5 guys in the house. I get chills thinking about all the stuff that happens there because I know it's true.

Great White Buffalo Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/great-white-buffalo-slow-build-1538022/
SLAGdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #454
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i woke all once just in time to move out of the way of a speaker falling directly onto where i had my head 3 seconds prior

had been asleep for hours and then just instant awake

it was a 6x9 angled truck box and wouldve surly killed me from its position 8 ft in the air
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #455
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Bump!
Unread 12-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #456
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

This is a little long

There are a few things that have happend at home.
The most recent is that we have heard doors opening and then slamming shut on their own in the basement.
The door to the upstairs bathroom has done the same thing when only my mom was home and she was on the first floor.

This one scared me a little
i am the onlyone that has the bedroom upstairs and one night when i was trying to sleep i heard something tap on the wall closest to my head. It sounded like someone used their fingers to tap on the wall.
The next day i found out that my grandmother had died that night, Apparently by some old people if you hear something tap on a wall that you cant explain it means that a familymember is about to die.

The lights in the halway next to my room use to turn them self on sometimes.
I know that i turned them off before because that is always the last thing i do before i go in to my room to go to bed.

This one scared the **** out of me:
Was sleeping in my bed and woke up at around 3am only to see a 30-40cm big thing standing at the end of my bed and just stare at me, at first i thought it was the cat that had gotten in to my room but then i remeberd that the door was closed and that the cat was on the outside.
When i realized that a feeling of fear that i have never felt before came over me and i didnt want to move at all.
I just closed my eyes and was hoping that whatever it was should have disappeared when i opend them again. when i opened my eyes it was still there but it had moved closer.
I shouted at it to basicly go to **** then i heard a lound groan and it was gone.

The village i live in dates back to the age when vikings were around sometimes in 800AC and there are burialmounds on a couple of places in the woods
(2 of them whitin walkingdistance from my house)
and you do not want to hang around them when its dark outside.
There is always a wierd feeling around them if you are there at night, and the wierdest part is that it is always dead silent around them, normaly in a forrest you will always hear something but here you dont even hear the leafs on the trees or birds singing its almost always perfectly windstill around them to.
We even have a few "runestones" that they used to write things on and some of them you can still read what they wanted to say, if you know how to read their writing.
i have a note somewhere that translate their writing in to normal letters
(i can post it if someone is interested)

At the churchs graveyard you can sometimes see someone or something walk up and down the gravelpaths between the graves, If you are alone in the oldest part of the church you will hear mumblings and almost always see something in the corner of your eyes, the oldest part is from sometime in the 11th century.
It would be so much fun to borrow a thermal camera and go for a walk there and see if you can capture something.
Pierre_r is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #457
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump....
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #458
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Back in 1981 myself and 3 buddies were at a buddy's house in the garage working on his 1969 Grand Prix 428 4 speed he was resto'n
This was in Newark Delaware where i more or less grew up...
The guy was renting an old BIG house with a sizable 3 car garage.still had the old asbestos siding on it..just to kind of give an idea of how old this house was...

A snow blizzard came in that night,,so we all decided to just stay there all night and play some cards and drink a few brewskies and party...

Someone knocked on the front door..Jake went to answer it...no one there...at first we thought it was kids playing "knock n run"....but when we looked...no foot prints in the fresh snow anywhere...

We kind of brushed it off...a lil while later..a knock at the back door...same thing..no foot prints anywhere to be seen..and these were real hard knocks on the doors...

A lil while later..it happened at the dining room window..again..no foot prints...

Jake said he has had noises in the house before..like someone in the kitchen in the middle of the night going throught the cabinets..but never nothing like this...

Long story short..we changed our minds about staying there the night and left and went home..still unexplained to this day..

When i visit Delaware to see family..i see Jake sometimes at the local water hole near my parents..talkin about it still freaks us out..he moved out of that house soon after that.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #459
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_r View Post
We even have a few "runestones" that they used to write things on and some of them you can still read what they wanted to say, if you know how to read their writing.
i have a note somewhere that translate their writing in to normal letters
(i can post it if someone is interested).
I'm interested.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #460
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker709 View Post
Back in 1981 myself and 3 buddies were at a buddy's house in the garage working on his 1969 Grand Prix 428 4 speed he was resto'n
This was in Newark Delaware where i more or less grew up...
The guy was renting an old BIG house with a sizable 3 car garage.still had the old asbestos siding on it..just to kind of give an idea of how old this house was...

A snow blizzard came in that night,,so we all decided to just stay there all night and play some cards and drink a few brewskies and party...

Someone knocked on the front door..Jake went to answer it...no one there...at first we thought it was kids playing "knock n run"....but when we looked...no foot prints in the fresh snow anywhere...

We kind of brushed it off...a lil while later..a knock at the back door...same thing..no foot prints anywhere to be seen..and these were real hard knocks on the doors...

A lil while later..it happened at the dining room window..again..no foot prints...

Jake said he has had noises in the house before..like someone in the kitchen in the middle of the night going throught the cabinets..but never nothing like this...

Long story short..we changed our minds about staying there the night and left and went home..still unexplained to this day..

When i visit Delaware to see family..i see Jake sometimes at the local water hole near my parents..talkin about it still freaks us out..he moved out of that house soon after that.
Where is the house at? I'd be interested in checking it out if it's still around.
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #461
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post
Where is the house at? I'd be interested in checking it out if it's still around.
Its gone..it was off Elkton rd on the left in the feild past where home depot is now..right where the industrial parks are now

I've seen your Jeep around when up visiting..my brother lives near Black Snake Rd outside of Elkton Md and my Parents still live in Brookside..retired from Chrysler

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #462
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That sucks that it's gone. Would've been cool to check out. My best friend was renting a place in Kimberton for a while. I'm guessing you probably saw me at some point out on Chestnut Hill or Marrows Rd. It's funny how when I think of camo that it's supposed to help you blend in, right? Well apparently my camo does the exact opposite. 8)

I have a couple friends who live in or around Brookside as well. Next time you're up this way shoot me a message. Always cool to meet fellow Jeepers. -Jeremiah
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #463
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
I'm interested.
Here you go:
Pierre_r is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #464
mclovinal
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I often hear voices coming from the back of my house when my roommates aren't here. I assume they have left something on, like an ipod or something, but its just not quite right. The dogs notice it too.
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #465
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

about 2 weeks ago....I was sleeping and all of a sudden, I wake up and I can't move or speak. I can see my wife is turned over sleeping and my dog is laying at the foot of the bed and I feel that someone is behind me pulling me down to the floor. Im trying to fight it and I am trying to scream at the top of my lungs but I can't make any sounds. I kept trying to look behind me and see if anything is there but I cannot move. I am finally able to break free and I jump up and start to panic and catch my breath...... That had to be the scariest thing that I have ever experienced.
Wife said that it was sleep paralysis...but I was awake the whole time and could see and hear the fan going and hear our dog snoring.

hasn't happened again, but I was afraid to sleep the next couple of nights.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.