Ever had something happen you can't explain? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #31
Sugarfuzz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
Yeah, seriously, I'm the biggest skeptic of the whole ghost thing too. I haven't figured out if it is an odd muscle twitch or what it is, but damned if it doesn't feel like someone trying to get my attention.
I'd probably jump 4 feet in the air and start running if that happened to me.

Sugarfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #32
Neener Neener
1993 YJ Wrangler 

We used to have the room across from our bedroom set up as our computer room. Well, one night I wake up at about 3:00 am and see a light coming from that room. I get up and go in there and the computer screen is lit up on the Windows screen. I cannot figure out why it was on. Even if we HAD left the computer on, the screen saver would've been on, and the screen sure as hell wasn't on when we went to bed. And if the screen saver was, in fact, on, someone or something would have had to touch the keyboard or mouse before the screen came back up, but we were both asleep.

[QUOTE=Al The Killer]My monkey likes your monkey[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Grape Ape] Just go get one and lick it when you get the urge. [/QUOTE]

[url]www.immigrationcounters.com[/url]
Neener Neener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansimusmaximus
one night when i was laying on my back trying to fall asleep i completely lost my muscle control. it was like being paralyzed. it only lasted about 1-2 mins but it scared the shiz out of me! i was completely conscious and terrified. i later found out that it is a very rare condition called sleep paralysis, symptoms exactly like i experienced. but that was the first and only time it had (and has) ever happened...but the wierd thing is that the exact same thing happened that night to my dad, too. first and only time he ever experienced it too.....

Exact same thing happened to me. I had totally forgotten about it until I read your post. It has been so long ago that I couldnt tell you how old I was but I remember it distinctly. Mine didnt last nearly as long as yours, only about 10-15 seconds but it was by far the weirdest feeling ever. I remember feeling like I was trying to push myself up but nothing was moving. Was yours as you woke up or as you were falling asleep? Mine was upon waking up.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #34
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

I pretty much ignore all that stuff, the building I work in is an old arsenal building, they actually use to bring the body's of dead union soldiers here until they could get them back to their families. The basement of this building still has the morgue that they use to keep them in and it still smells like formaldahyde (sp?) down there.

There is always wierd things happening, I work from 5pm to 5am and there is no one in this end of the building but me. Things are always falling off the desks or cubicles. The computers will click off their screensavers right in front of me and I'm literally 10 feet away from some of these. We have false floors and you can hear quiet footsetps but look around and no one is there. I've just accepted that these are just things that happen, when things get really wierd, I usually say out loud, "Hey, cut it out I don't bother you, you don't bother me". The lady that works the opposite shift (my nights off) says she sees and hears the same stuff. I guess you get use to it after awhile.

Thing is, I think since I acknowledge that they are here, they quit trying to prove that they are so much. Oh and this building has actually been documented as being haunted and has been on a couple of those ghost hunter and paranormal shows

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #35
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Ever had something happen you cant explain?

nope.
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #36
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener Neener
We used to have the room across from our bedroom set up as our computer room. Well, one night I wake up at about 3:00 am and see a light coming from that room. I get up and go in there and the computer screen is lit up on the Windows screen. I cannot figure out why it was on. Even if we HAD left the computer on, the screen saver would've been on, and the screen sure as hell wasn't on when we went to bed. And if the screen saver was, in fact, on, someone or something would have had to touch the keyboard or mouse before the screen came back up, but we were both asleep.
Computers can be programmed to start up by itself, maybe you got a spyware trying to steal your credit card number or something.

User CP > Options > Uncheck "Show Signatures"
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #37
Rule303
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie
Exact same thing happened to me. I had totally forgotten about it until I read your post. It has been so long ago that I couldnt tell you how old I was but I remember it distinctly. Mine didnt last nearly as long as yours, only about 10-15 seconds but it was by far the weirdest feeling ever. I remember feeling like I was trying to push myself up but nothing was moving. Was yours as you woke up or as you were falling asleep? Mine was upon waking up.
I remember having the same thing happen many years ago. Weird.
Rule303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #38
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky05
I remember having the same thing happen many years ago. Weird.

I actually would bet its more common than one would believe. Its only happened to me that one time though.

Another thing though that happened to me on occasion when I was younger is I would wake up in the middle of the night in what I can only describe best as a panic attack. I would wake up and it felt like my head was racing and I couldnt control what I was doing. That probably happened upwards of 20 times. Its hard to explain it exactly because it was so long ago.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #39
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I actually would bet its more common than one would believe. Its only happened to me that one time though.

Another thing though that happened to me on occasion when I was younger is I would wake up in the middle of the night in what I can only describe best as a panic attack. I would wake up and it felt like my head was racing and I couldnt control what I was doing. That probably happened upwards of 20 times. Its hard to explain it exactly because it was so long ago.
I have the same thing happen, only I'll go for the first weapon that I can find and start clearing the house.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #40
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
I have the same thing happen, only I'll go for the first weapon that I can find and start clearing the house.

PTSD?

10 char
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #41
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
PTSD?

10 char
I've been diagnosed with it by more than one doctor. It's also part of the reason I don't pay too much attention to the tapping on my back or the constant feeling of having someone in the room with me late at night.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #42
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

LSD's a helluva drug

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #43
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My grandmother's sister had just bought a new house (in Arkansas) and were joking about the previous tenant joking about how they thought it was haunted. My sister and I were walking upstairs, shoulder to shoulder, felt something between a hand brush and a strong breeze blow across the backs of our necks, and we stopped cold turkey. Neither of us said anything, but we both looked at eachother knowing exactly what just happened, even though we had no idea what just happened. We looked around and saw that no windows were opened, and there wasn't air conditioning in the house.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #44
ovrlnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfuzz
Dude...damn.

Nice marketing strategy for your art. So, what do you want for it? That sounds like some sh*t that I would collect.

i have plenty of drawings and such if you would like to buy some of my art and my wife has a lot of photography prints (both went to art school). I had no idea what made me paint this painting. it was done in 45 minutes start to finish. I would usually think about my subject matter prior. this is just something that happened. I cannot explain why but it is definitely not a marketing scheme. I have a carreer as an art director. I don't know if I could sell it as it has caused enough people mental anguish and do not wish to affect anyone else. of course my wife has never had a problem with the painting and thinks I am full of crap. I have tested this with more than one person with the same results. the painting currently resides at my dads work (where nobody sleeps) wrapped and stored in the back of a storage closet. I have on several occasions wanted to burn it or completely destroy it by the mrs. won't let me.

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #45
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik
LSD's a helluva drug
That's another possibility. I ate tons of it back in the day.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.