Ever had something happen you can't explain? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
atljeeplady
2002 TJ Wrangler 

In my parents old house, the door to the guest room would slowly close itself. Also, they put down new carpet, and these dark spots would appear at the entrance to the basement. Mom would scrub them out, and they would come right back. I occasionally would hear crying in the middle of the night, and once some weird beeping went off at midnight. I searched all over for it in the dark, and when I finally pinpointed the sound - it stopped. Sometimes your hair would just stand on end for no reason like someone was watching you. My uncle was so spooked by the place, he never went back.

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
Stamos
2002 WJ 

First marriage.
Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #18
ElPaca19

My parents house is from 1823 and I lived in the original part when I lived there. I have been lying in bed and started to feel really freaked out and all the hairs stand up on your body, next thing I know my small book shelf falls over.

My parents here footsteps upsairs where my old room was all the time. When I was in college they would hear them till I came home, then they would stop for a couple weeks even after I left, then start again.

My brother (same house Growing up, just a bathroom separate our rooms, also origainal part of the house) heard a two big knocks on his beadroom door in the middle of the night and the door swung open even though you really have to push it open because of the wall to wall carpet....and oh by the way, the door was fully latched close at the time. Anyone who has old latches on their doors know they are sometime tricky to open.

After college my wife (before we were married) moved into a house in Valley Forge park that was built by John Harvard. We rent the second floor and no one else lived in the house because the first floor is used for weddings and parties (feell free to look it up online, the Duportail house) The Ghost of Louis Duportail supposedly huants the place even though he really only stayed there briefly (George Washington stayed on the second floor for a night too once apon a time).

I woke up one night and saw a revolutionary war dressed person starring out of my bedroom window at the foot of the bed. I though whatever and went back to sleep.

Another night my wife and I were laying in bed side by side (side of our arms touching ), laying on our backs because it was really hot out, we were also above the covers. We were both about half asleep when something, and I have no idea what, fell from the ceiling above us (or that is the direction this came from) and literraly slammed right in between our arms. Needless to say we both jumped right out of bed, both horrified, and looked down. There was NOTHING there and we both felt it.

These are things that have happened to me that are still, as I type this, making all my hairs stand up. I will never forget these experiences.

There have been other but I am too lazy to type them too.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
ovrlnd

I have this issue with my stereo in the living room. it will click on whenever and always on a different station or sometimes a cd in the changer. it happens at least twice a week. most recently the whole family was watching TV and suddenly it picks a CD and starts to play in the middle of a song and the volume was full blast. scared the **** out of us. we always joke what station the ghosts want to listen to. also our multi function network printer will in the middle of the night just start shootin out paper with jibberish on them then just shoot out blank paper, that happens less often. it doesn't really bother me so I don't care. I did however once paint a painting of a single chair in a dark room with one lightbulb. I don't know where i got the idea but I painted it and it is creepy. I liked it though and hung it in the bedroom. I had horrible nightmares and to this day swear that painting is the portal to hell. being ever skeptic I asked a close friend to hang the painting in her room and let me know in a week or two if she liked living with it. she had no knowledge of the nightmares. 3 days later she called explaining these terrible nightmares. I took the painting back and hid it in the closet in a trash bag. the nightmares stopped. but the latter could be subliminal or coincidence I guess.

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #20
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ok-how-copy-poster-threads-started-313088/

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLBOSS
OMG ON EARTH! I DIDN'T WROTE THAT! OMG! WHAT'S GOING ON?
I DIDN'T MAKE THIS THREAD!
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #21
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd
I have this issue with my stereo in the living room. it will click on whenever and always on a different station or sometimes a cd in the changer. it happens at least twice a week. most recently the whole family was watching TV and suddenly it picks a CD and starts to play in the middle of a song and the volume was full blast. scared the **** out of us. we always joke what station the ghosts want to listen to. also our multi function network printer will in the middle of the night just start shootin out paper with jibberish on them then just shoot out blank paper, that happens less often. it doesn't really bother me so I don't care. I did however once paint a painting of a single chair in a dark room with one lightbulb. I don't know where i got the idea but I painted it and it is creepy. I liked it though and hung it in the bedroom. I had horrible nightmares and to this day swear that painting is the portal to hell. being ever skeptic I asked a close friend to hang the painting in her room and let me know in a week or two if she liked living with it. she had no knowledge of the nightmares. 3 days later she called explaining these terrible nightmares. I took the painting back and hid it in the closet in a trash bag. the nightmares stopped. but the latter could be subliminal or coincidence I guess.

When I was a kid, we had a TV that would do this all the time. Come on at full-blast, change channels when you were watching it, or the volume might go down, and whil you were turning it back up, it would jump to full. I was laying in the couch one night, I was 5 and almost asleep, when it came on static, and full-blast. I screamed like a girl and ran to mommy, crying like something was after me!

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #22
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was driving home one night about 3 am, I came to this intersection and these three people dressed like little house on the prairie appear out of nowhere and crossed the street. It was a man, a woman and a little girl who was carrying a green pail, she looked like she was maybe 4-5 years old. They came out of a feild, crossed the street and disappeared into a field. It freaked me out so I stopped, there was a car behind me who stopped too. They got out and said "WTF!, did you see those people?" We went over to the feild looking for them but they vanished. It may have just been some people out there trying to mess with anyone who came by but who has their little girl out at 3 am?

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #23
ElPaca19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
but who has their little girl out at 3 am?
Hippies.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
hansimusmaximus

one night when i was laying on my back trying to fall asleep i completely lost my muscle control. it was like being paralyzed. it only lasted about 1-2 mins but it scared the shiz out of me! i was completely conscious and terrified. i later found out that it is a very rare condition called sleep paralysis, symptoms exactly like i experienced. but that was the first and only time it had (and has) ever happened...but the wierd thing is that the exact same thing happened that night to my dad, too. first and only time he ever experienced it too.....

black 99 xj sport, auto, 2 in bb, 30x9.5 bfg at's
MN jeep club member #2
Christian jeep club member #17
hansimusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #25
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I was downhill skiing one winter .. riding the lift to the top of the hill. All of a sudden I felt a hand grab my shoulder ... it wouldn't have freaked me out too much, except that I was alone and at least 25' off the ground!

As I spun my head to look around, I heard a voice over my shoulder saying "Don't move" .. just seconds before the lift came to a halt ..

It really sent shivers through me .. and it wasn't because of the cold.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
We put my 3 y/o son to bed last night at about 9, we went to bed about 10:30. We heard something and went to his room and his radio was on??? It's about 4' up on a built in shelf where he cant reach it, it was obviously turned on, and it was tuned to a religious station, WTF? It hasnt been on in probably 6 months, and I'm pretty anal about being sure everything is off every night. We gots ghosts?
I've got a stereo in the garage that does the same thing, but after some investigation, I found out that when the power flickers it will turn it on. Now the christian station, I can't explain other then if it automatically flips back to one at the front of the range like 88.1 or something like that. Mine will stay on whatever station it was on.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
Rule303
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I may know the reason for your radio mystery. Maybe not.

One night I heard a strangers voice coming from upstairs in my son's room. I ran up there and saw no one. It happened again a while later. We later moved his old computer speakers down to the den and one night I heard Christian radio broadcasts coming through the speakers, even though they were turned off. They were turned off, but at night, this can happen. The speakers act as an antenna and pick up stray AM radio stations.
Are you so sure this isn't what happened? Now if the power switch was on and lights working then that wouldn't explain it of course.
Rule303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #28
KMcNaught
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My father died when I was 9 years old, and the night he died there was a very big thunderstorm with no rain. I thought it was weird because he was always interested in weather and geography and stuff like that.

Ever since then and untill we moved out of the house sometimes when I would come home from school and go upstairs the lamp on his side of the bed would be on.
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #29
Parky

This hot little brunette said "yes" when I asked her to marry me!
Colorado Jeep Member #12

Happy Jeeper
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #30
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfuzz
Dude...damn.
Yeah, seriously, I'm the biggest skeptic of the whole ghost thing too. I haven't figured out if it is an odd muscle twitch or what it is, but damned if it doesn't feel like someone trying to get my attention.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.