Ever had something happen you can't explain? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ever had something happen you can't explain?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
tcourdin

Ever had something happen you can't explain?

We put my 3 y/o son to bed last night at about 9, we went to bed about 10:30. We heard something and went to his room and his radio was on??? It's about 4' up on a built in shelf where he cant reach it, it was obviously turned on, and it was tuned to a religious station, WTF? It hasnt been on in probably 6 months, and I'm pretty anal about being sure everything is off every night. We gots ghosts?

88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

The ghost of Tammy Fay is haunting your house. Sucks for you.

Thats pretty freaky though!

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's those Christians again... They're known for sneaking into children's bedrooms at night for the sole purpose of brainwashing them with religious propaganda... That's some freaky ****.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
shunt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Have you been using heroin?..........................
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

I have had freaky stuff like that happen on some hunting land I own where the previous owner had died falling out of a tree stand on the road I hunt...

I always park my vehicles at the entrance behind a gate...my passenger rear tire on my old TJ was flat 2 days in a row when I would come back from hunting...I would pump it back up and drive home and it was fine....never leaked at home....

The next time I went brought a pick up truck I had out there and the same tire on the passenger side on it was flat when I got back from hunting....pumped it up and never leaked again...

It somewhat freaked me out....

I don't park in the same spot anymore.....

The hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I am walking in to my stand in one certain spot....when I go back out....it stands up again in the same spot....spooky...I tend to power walk out or there at night...

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Could have been a bad switch. I had one where the switch broke. A while later, I thought it just came on. It had always been on, but it just happened to pick up a station on that frequency, which let me know it was broken, and to unplug it.
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
rowdy1
2002 WJ 

Yeah when I was married to my first wife,I came home at maybe 3 am with perfume smell on me. I couldn't explain it.
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_
Could have been a bad switch. I had one where the switch broke.
Nope, I'm sure it would have been off, and there is no way it would have been tuned to that station. I'm freaky about going through the house and making sure everything is off, and that radio has a stiff switch, it was switched to the on position.

Weird Woody! Thats dudes after you. Put a game camrea by the truck, you might get some freaky stuff!

Could have been the heroin, I've been trying to cut down on it though and focus on the meth addiction.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
Keith
Admin

Wife and I lived in San Antonio for a Summer with her friend. She lives in her Grandparents old house. We were living in the master bedroom IE the Grandparents old bedroom. One night I got all my stero equipment wired and all the components plus a lamp and alarm clock plugged into one power strip (it was full). Listened to tunes, went to bed, woke up and all the cords had been unplugged from the power strip. No one came into our room for sure that night and neither wife or I did it. Was really odd.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #10
shunt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When I was a kid we had a swimming pool in our backyard and almost every morning there were small childrens foot prints around the pool.

That was freaky.
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy and I went back in time, or through a parallel universe or something. We were chasing these blue lights that seemed to be just over the next hill in my CJ7. Everytime we'd come to the top of a hill though, these damn lights would be just over the next hill. We drove for almost two hours across the desert and finally turned left to find a road. When we came out, we were to the RIGHT of where we started, and almost in the same place. it still makes me go
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #12
dmcanally

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo
My buddy and I went back in time, or through a parallel universe or something. We were chasing these blue lights that seemed to be just over the next hill in my CJ7. Everytime we'd come to the top of a hill though, these damn lights would be just over the next hill. We drove for almost two hours across the desert and finally turned left to find a road. When we came out, we were to the RIGHT of where we started, and almost in the same place. it still makes me go
lay off the mushrooms and or peyote man.
,[___],
l--L --[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
dmcanally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #13
JeepHunter89
1998 ZJ 

This past fall I was out bowhunting and it was about 11:00 am when I was walking back to my Jeep from where I was. I was walking along this river and when I'm about 100 feet away from my Jeep I glance to my left, across the river, and there is this guy standing there just staring at me and when I glanced towards him he quick hid behind a tree and just stood with his head poking out watching me...it was kinda weird so I pretended like I didn't see him and just watched him out of the corner of my eye.

Well, he was wearing a black tank top and these short, neon green shorts....and it was like 15 degrees outside. And the closest road to that spot was like 2 miles away, so you would think he'd be freezing his *** off in those clothes.

So I got in my Jeep and as I started driving off, I looked back and nothing. I couldn't see him anywhere and it was a pretty open area so I have no idea where he could've gone.
JeepHunter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #14
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

If I'm up late at night on the computer, like 2 or 3 in the morning, something will tap me on the back. When I spin around to see who it is, there is no one there. These aren't like little brushes either, these are taps that a forceful enough to not be ignored.
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
tcourdin

Jeephunter and Gertsch, you both managed to give me chills, thats just freaky stuff.

I HATE it when our cat wakes up and is just staring at something, like somethings there.......I think they know something we dont.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.