EMT/Paramedic - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > EMT/Paramedic

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyajeep View Post
Wiseguy52 EMTs are not permitted to start IVs in PA, where did you hear that? Just curious as I am an EMT in PA.
It's certainly not common for EMT's to start IV's, but in the end it would be up to the medical director in charge to determine how far they can go. When I took my EMT course (in Florida 2003) they showed us how and let us try to start IV's on the dummies, but it wasn't anything official. At the time that county had a pretty progressive medical director in charge of the county and were actually working on putting clot breakers on the county rigs for the medics to use on stroke victims (if the stroke was witnessed).

I finished the class and decided after my required ride time was done that I wasn't interested in making $8.30/hr when I could get $9 putting down asphalt (no chance of being puked, pissed, or s*** on).

Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #32
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos76cj View Post
$12 hour
Fire EMT 38grand a year 24 on 48 off (we have 7 shift Kelly days so we have an extra 17 days off a year)
Fire Medic 45 grand a year. Im using my dept current salaries.. depending on where you get hired it could be more or less. we're in the middle
Hospital paramedic 15-19 an hour
theme park 12-18 and hour.
Holy crap man, $45,000 for a firefighter medic? It's over 60k here in Cincinnati....for EMT/firefighters. And that's with the knowledge that in my 12 years on with the CFD, I have had no raise whatsoever in 4 years.

In Ohio, its pretty much not worth it to become a medic if you work for a private. It's always better to get on with a fire department, or even work through a hospital. I know a couple of guys who have gotten their medic cards, then decided the best route would be to become nurses.
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
Holy crap man, $45,000 for a firefighter medic? It's over 60k here in Cincinnati....for EMT/firefighters. And that's with the knowledge that in my 12 years on with the CFD, I have had no raise whatsoever in 4 years. In Ohio, its pretty much not worth it to become a medic if you work for a private. It's always better to get on with a fire department, or even work through a hospital. I know a couple of guys who have gotten their medic cards, then decided the best route would be to become nurses.
The pay range is drastic. The county and city pay over $10k less a year than the surrounding counties out here. And as expensive as Maryland is to live in, I could make several thousand more a year starting out back home in Ohio where it is much cheaper to live.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.