EBT down - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > EBT down

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
Not all people who use EBT are low-life scums btw.
I don't think any of us are writing that. There are legitimate needs and then those abusing the system. Among those abusing or milking the system; some are intellectually retarded and incapable of grasping that there is no "free" ride, because fellow Americans are picking-up the tab, while others simply don't care.

DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I wonder what will become of the "monitoring of purchases" the store said they were doing during the feeding frenzy?
Unread 10-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
terrasmak
2007 WK 

That is one system that just needs to be turned off and rebuilt.
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just like EBT and welfare and food stamps unemployment etc. drug test everyone who applies every 3 months. See how much we save.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Just like EBT and welfare and food stamps unemployment etc. drug test everyone who applies every 3 months. See how much we save.
Screw every 3 months make that random testing. With 12hrs notice so you don't have enough time to get any cleaners that take time to cleanse your system I'm talking about test in Tuesday then a random on Saturday then maybe wait a few weeks and pop again
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
Agility
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You wouldn't save anything. You'd spend an outrageous amount of money and the people kicked out of the system would wind up in the E.R. where the money really starts to add up.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post

Screw every 3 months make that random testing. With 12hrs notice so you don't have enough time to get any cleaners that take time to cleanse your system I'm talking about test in Tuesday then a random on Saturday then maybe wait a few weeks and pop again
They have products that can make your piss clean in 2 hours. 12 hour notice won't do much. They need to just randomly show up at their house with a cup and watch em piss in it so they can't use fake piss or have enough time to drink one of those detox drinks.

sent using the force

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #23
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke
They have products that can make your piss clean in 2 hours. 12 hour notice won't do much. They need to just randomly show up at their house with a cup and watch em piss in it so they can't use fake piss or have enough time to drink one of those detox drinks. sent using the force
Well damn learn something everyday.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
They have products that can make your piss clean in 2 hours. 12 hour notice won't do much. They need to just randomly show up at their house with a cup and watch em piss in it so they can't use fake piss or have enough time to drink one of those detox drinks.

sent using the force
Hair sampling........problem solved.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post

Hair sampling........problem solved.
There ya go. I think it stays in your hair for like 90 days I believe? Could be longer, don't remember.

sent using the force

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
There ya go. I think it stays in your hair for like 90 days I believe? Could be longer, don't remember.

sent using the force
Years if your hair is long enough. If they decide to try and defeat that test and show up fully shaved and are not either an Olympic caliber swimmer or keep people in a pit and want you to put the lotion in the basket, then I'd take that as an automatic admission of guilt.
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #27
Agility
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Why don't we just put video cameras in the homes of everyone receiving government assistance? Or make them wear tracking collars. If you want to waste time and money, why stop at drug testing?

Subscribed for stupidity.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #28
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
I agree there are some people that need the help, but when I see people use ebt for food then pull a wad of cash out of their pocket for a case of beer and 2 cartons of cigarettes it bothers me.
Additionally in some places, legitimate child support payments come through EBT.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #29
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmaine97 View Post
Why don't we just put video cameras in the homes of everyone receiving government assistance? Or make them wear tracking collars. If you want to waste time and money, leave the system as it is.
Subscribed for stupidity.
FIFY!

Easy enough problem to solve. If one does not wish to be monitored for appropriate use of our money brokered by the government, then don't apply to receive it, or exit the program if already in it.

The intent of the assistance program was not to have funds traded for narcotics or for a single individual to stand in line at the grocery, sorting through the stack of 30 cards in their purse to find the best few to pay for the three carts of groceries that will be sold in the parking lot at a 100% mark up to the van loads of illegals waiting for them.

Absolutely, testing is not a fix all, but it would help to eliminate funding those who "can't" buy food for their 8 children, but can certainly find the cash to purchase meth, heroin, or crack.

The thought process suggesting that the cost of random testing would eclipse that which is currently hemorrhaging from the system is ludicrous.

For the record, I am absolutely against big government, but I am more outraged by the lackadaisical attitude of those in Washington that our money is theirs to do with what they want as a means of extending their tenure rather than using it for which it was originally intended.
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I'd rather see the government spend $50 million in testing and surveillance to save $25 million if it keeps the leaches and abusers off the system.

You can also:

- Slash the entitlement ammount so it does make sense to go get that $10/hr job.
- Not increase the entitlement if you have more kids while on the program.
- If you leave the program, minimum 18 month waiting period to get back on.
- Random financial audits, include registered vehicles and property as well as bank accounts and EBT use history. Entry into the program results in a flagged credit file for all people living at the home, alerts when credit is sought.
- Start charging and sending to prison retailers who aid in abuse of the system. Tack on a consequence of revoking their business lic as well. Random audits/ secret shops for this.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.