ebay/paypal questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > ebay/paypal questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
AlTheKillerr

ebay/paypal questions

never used either till now. I have both accounts and have already placed a bid on an ebay item and I am quite certain I will win it. the bidding ends in 50 minutes.

when I win, how will I know?
How do I send the money using paypal?
Do I transfer money from my bank account into the paypal then transfer it over to the ebay person?
How long does it take for money to be transferred from my bank account into the paypal account?
I opened the paypal account just now, will it be ready soon enough to be able to actually pay the person on ebay?

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Indy

In account summary -> won items. Ebay will also email a notice.

50 minutes is an eternity in ebay, most bids will be in the last minute.

After winning -> pay for item, select paypal, follow prompts. PP will pull money from whatever source you have selected, don't try to transfer money to it.

Pp will transfer 2 nominal sums to your bank account, when you log in it will ask what the amou ts were to verify its the correct account. It might take a while to happen. Most ebayers expect to be paid in a week or so. I tend to send quicker, usually whenever I next log in.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
AlTheKillerr

awesome thank you. I highly doubt anyone else will bid. Its a speedometer for a 1981 suzuki motorcycle. not very high on the demand list of things people want to buy. but ill keep an eye on it.
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Snipers (last second bidders) will piss you off tho not for that item--Good luck
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
dwbrown

Bidding wars happen in the last seconds, be ready. I've lost several items because I wasn't ready for it. But, paypal will automatically take the funds out of the account you have linked, put them into paypal, then transfer them to the person they are being sent to. It does that to eliminate any CC information from being passed onto the other person or something like that.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

also if you come back and up your bid you can safely do it to the MAX you'ld give, since eBay will only increase it automatically very little, usually a dollar . Keeps snipers from beating you w/ 10 seconds to go.
Final tip. If it's something you really want, bid it up in unusual amount. If bid is $20 bucks, bid max of 26.30.
Then in last 10 seconds, someone bids 25 bucks, you're higher and he's out of time. If he knows this also he may bid $26. You're still higher by 30 cents. Do this w/o having to go to $30. Works all the time.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
dwbrown

Also, make sure the seller is reputable. My dad only buys from people with a rating of 99.7 and up.
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
Indy

Ya, if it's a semi expensive item make sure you check the sellers rating. Even those with high ratings can screw you. I've had a cople deals with a high % seller and lost money, checked their reviews and saw they went from 100% to stealing money for a month as they were on their way out the door.

I've been on eBay since the 90's, when it really was the online garage sale. I still use it a lot but expectations are vastly different.

Www.bidsniper.com. Use it, love it.

Set a max youre willing to pay and walk away. Don't get into the must win mentality, it will cost you.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.