Easy dirt near denver - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Easy dirt near denver

Rancho Shocktober is here for fall 2015!!!!You Pick the Size and Style of Lift Kit. We will Find you FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
bkosick1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Easy dirt near denver

Hi All,

This is like the third account I've signed up for with the site as I cannot seem to remember or access recovery options...

Any how, the last time I posted, I was looking for advice on running Lake Como/Blanca and I'm happy to report success 5 or 6 years ago. Mainly, due to super awesome guy running a green franken bronco. He helped us up because we were blocking the road and probably would have backed down if not for him. We ended up camping and climbing 14ers at a beautiful spot.

Moving on, I now have a 2 and a 4 year old and haven't been wheeling since kiddos were born. I'm looking for a super easy dirt road near the denver area for a half day. with the top down and car seats in the back.... hopefully a picnic-y type stop somewhere along the way....

Brian

bkosick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
bkosick1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

little bit more info,

it will be my wife, myself a 4 year old and a two year old in car seats, I'm looking for a half day excursion near denver, top down and I'd like to put a smile on my boys faces, not a rock.

They're completely enamored by the fact we have a built jeep, but have not gone anywhere with/in it except pavement, and as an alternate to our DD's.....
bkosick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
SirGCal

Take off the 1 from your username. And read the rules before posting in an area. And try something like LASTPASS to remember all of your account information and sync them between systems. Moved.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

Go over to FrontRange 4x4 and browse some of the threads there (sorry if Im breaking any rules by advising another website). They are a great group and lots of people up in that that area, that would probably go on a short jaunt with you (its not wise to go out alone on any trail). They usually have a area on the site for trail reports. Im in CO, but down in Canon, so anything is a fairly long haul for me. Independence is only 13 miles away, but its a 4++ out of 5 rated trail (extreme). I have only been down in it once in my Ranger and had to winch out (out of 7 trucks only 2 made it out on their own)
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
cojab
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Deckers area, Rampart Range Road. Just out side of Castle Rock which is just south of Denver. Plenty of easy roads and enough traffic that if you were solo it wouldnt be long until someone drove by.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
DangFoo
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'd search "fire access" or access trails; we have a slough of them here along the California-Nevada State line as part of Tahoe National Forest and they're all mellow kid friendly terrain.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.