drug paraphernalia - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhek View Post
Yet there has never been a death directly related to THC... the most harm it does is the possibility of lung cancer. What makes it so high up on the list? I mean even anabolic steroids cause way more harm to your body than anything THC does.
I believe the study was based on more than just the physical effects, it also considers addiction and the tendency it has to mess up your life in general.

At any rate, it's worth remembering that this is a scientific study by a government agency and not a study made by a cannabis advocacy group.

Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 AM
The27Jeenyus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

maybe in your # they didnt supply the dosage %, because that will effect the result

because 4 tabs of acid isnt comparable with a single shot of alcohol

Zach
05 Rubihara #405
post #78 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The27Jeenyus View Post
maybe in your # they didnt supply the dosage %, because that will effect the result

because 4 tabs of acid isnt comparable with a single shot of alcohol
You're getting bunk acid then. 4 hits of the stuff that we used to get would have you tripping balls for 12 to 16 hours with an intense 3 or 4 hour peak.

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #79 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 08:03 AM
The27Jeenyus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

exactly im saying acid is way harder than the alcohol

Zach
05 Rubihara #405
post #80 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
The27Jeenyus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i also find it interesting that mescaline isnt on your list, that stuff makes you trip major balls

Zach
05 Rubihara #405
post #81 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 AM
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
You're getting bunk acid then. 4 hits of the stuff that we used to get would have you tripping balls for 12 to 16 hours with an intense 3 or 4 hour peak.

I wasn't gonna get into details on this thread but i spent a good amount of time "experimenting" with many different things. I went to high school with a kid who took a "ten strip" He was noticeably slower afterwards and probably still is. There is no way that "stricknine" laced drugs can be lower on that list than THC.

I don't believe in addictive personalities, i believe in weak minded individuals that can't make their own decisions. Right before i turned 21 i took a look around and saw that my roommates and the people coming over were not people I wanted to surround myself with. I moved out, and i only talk with 1 of the "old group of friends" now and then. I ended up at another guys 30th B-day party and i have nothing in common with anybody I used to run with.

I made my own decision to to better myself. Shortly after, I met my wife, i never would have met her sitting on a couch, smoking, drinking, and dropping acid.

LB

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #82 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 AM
MissMurder
Enemy of all chicks

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWR View Post
LOL! laudanum has trace amounts of opium? Ha ha..... even possession of an empty bottle of the stuff today CAn get you time if there's still 'traces' of the stuff in the bottle. There's more than a trace.....its one of the main ingredients!!!!!!!

So add in the fact he was alive and kicking during the opium bars (legal at the time), his melancoly spirit, your own words that laudanum WAS the painkiller at the time- for everything from headachs to toothachs to backarchs and coughs: add in the copious amounts of seemingly direct drug references in the book............ yep, My money's on he was high. Just 'cause ya' wanna believe he wasn't that's entirely up to you. He wouldn't have been the first nor last 'artist' to use drugs to inspire himself.......

So, sorry if I rained on yer' parade about how squeeky clean this guy was...the anecdotale 'evidence' is more than enough for most to connect the dots.

Hey I never said that he wasn't high...I just said it was never proven...the guy also took pics of naked little girls, but no one knows whether or not he actually touched them either. In my opinion, he was a hallucinating pedophile. But again, facts not proven. The only thing that is known, is that "Alice" actually did exist. So don't worry you didn't rain on my parade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #218

Just so you all know, If I think you're an ******* I will gladly tell you. I'm not your everyday girl, so don't expect me to act like one. And yeah, I do like it topless and dirty!

Quoted Jetscuh: "I really have to force myself to eat nuts. There are other forms of protein as well, but it can be hard making sure you get enough at times."
post #83 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 AM
XJ99

2006 XK Commander 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I started smoking when I was 15 and I smoked until I was 28, I'm almost 35 now and I still have problems when I drink, I still really want a cig even after not smoking for the past 6-7 years.

Almost a page out of my book! Started when I was 15, and quit in 98. (quit at 26, now 36) It's kinda weird I used to smoke over a pack a day, and now I can't even stand the smell. (blah)

When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.
post #84 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 AM
DTJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefitr26 View Post
That is a man that should lay off the donuts and coffee

FOR SALE
pm me for info
Black 95 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2
OME Springs and Black Diamond shocks, Mickey Thompson MTZ 31x10.50 on Cragar soft 8's
PICS

post #85 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 AM
DTJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki View Post
This is a hookah;

See 'em a lot in middle eastern restaurants, at least in the UK, don't know anyone who smokes pot out of one though.
a hooka is basically any BONG with multiple hoses coming off for use by multiple persons.

that pic is the 'traditional' look of a hookah, but the one in the OP is just some cheesy decoration.

FOR SALE
pm me for info
Black 95 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2
OME Springs and Black Diamond shocks, Mickey Thompson MTZ 31x10.50 on Cragar soft 8's
PICS

post #86 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

HPPD (cause = LSD and other strong hallucinogens). Nasty.

http://www.drabraham.com/html/hppd.htm

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
post #87 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
1997zj

Spiders on different kinds of drugs...haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HipedgM3I

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo i6
235/75/15 bfg's all terrains
plenty of trail damage

Future upgrades...
31x10.5 bfg all terrains
3 inch rustys suspension lift
steering stabilizer (any suggestions)
jks quick disco's
post #88 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.nein View Post
HPPD (cause = LSD and other strong hallucinogens). Nasty.

http://www.drabraham.com/html/hppd.htm

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
My first semester of college I took a ton of acid and went to the midnight showing of The Song Remains the Same at the local movie house. It hasn't happened recntly but for a while(years) afterword, if I was really tired and closed my eyes I could see the sihloettes(sp?) of the people in front of me at the theatre.

I certianly don't agree with the gateway theory, if there was a lot of supporting evidence I think it would point to alcohol, i know myself and many, many aquaintances would agree that "the first time I tried anydrug I was drunk."

I am most certianly addicted to cigs, no question about it. i would say i have a slight addiction to weed but can generally take it or leave it(my current living situation allows me to choose the "take" option a lot more, hence my saying I have a slight addiction) I used to be a heavy drinker, till I lived with a girl who was a serious alky, really made me question my drinking and I hardly drink at all anymore and if so, generally just a beer or 2.

I think everybody has a crutch of some sort, be it drugs/booze, god, learning, sex/love, working out, collecting stuff, Jeeps or whatever you use to get your mind off of the BS of life for a while. Some are obviously helthier than others, some are more socially acceptable but all serve the same purpose to the "user"

post #89 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsnowryder View Post
I wasn't gonna get into details on this thread but i spent a good amount of time "experimenting" with many different things. I went to high school with a kid who took a "ten strip" He was noticeably slower afterwards and probably still is. There is no way that "stricknine" laced drugs can be lower on that list than THC.

I don't believe in addictive personalities, i believe in weak minded individuals that can't make their own decisions. Right before i turned 21 i took a look around and saw that my roommates and the people coming over were not people I wanted to surround myself with. I moved out, and i only talk with 1 of the "old group of friends" now and then. I ended up at another guys 30th B-day party and i have nothing in common with anybody I used to run with.

I made my own decision to to better myself. Shortly after, I met my wife, i never would have met her sitting on a couch, smoking, drinking, and dropping acid.
VERY much the same with me-- minus the experimenting phase: the *only* drug I've ever tried is tobacco and alcohol: but after the first two years of College I was done with the party-hearty scene....when I moved outta the party house I found my grades went up...I actually had MORE money, more "True" friends and not drinking buds....and dare I say it? I had a heck of a lot easier time chasing women with my own pad than living in some flop house with a bunch of drunk goons.........

I will say that if that chart is *only* talking ADDICTION and NOT deaths I can be much easily more swayed by it...as tobacco is one hella hard thing to kick and/or stayed kicked: but fully agree with the others that the list seems pretty wierd/skewered when one normally thinks of "dangerous drugs".....

The only trail that sucks is the one you haven't been on yet.

If it aint related to God, guns, women, wheelin, or music then it aint worth much talking about it is it?
post #90 of 92 Old 04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
looks to me like a cop with no sense of humor.
You would have to be stoned just to use something like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.