drug paraphernalia - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
So, the drug that you do is okay, but the drugs that others may choose to do are bad?
dammit, i knew it was going to come out that way.

the point i was trying to make was it is a gateway drug if the users personality allows them to get out of control with harder drugs, drugs that may be synthetically made as opposed to all natural plants that grow in nature. i havent seen one case where a person using meth or herion lead a productive life without being sucked at some point into a bad place that only hard drugs can lead to. not saying it cant happen, just that usually thats where hard drugs lead. and mj gets the bad rap as a gateway drug because of this.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post

the point i was trying to make was it is a gateway drug if the users personality allows them to get out of control with harder drugs, drugs that may be synthetically made as opposed to all natural plants that grow in nature. i havent seen one case where a person using meth or herion lead a productive life without being sucked at some point into a bad place that only hard drugs can lead to. not saying it cant happen, just that usually thats where hard drugs lead. and mj gets the bad rap as a gateway drug because of this.
I know a whole lot of useless stoners, who do nothing but take up couch space and make munchie runs to 7-11.

It's not the drug that causes the problem, it's the user.

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #48 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
mhepner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
I work as a drug and alcohol rehab nurse, and it amazes me how many of the AOD counselors are ex addicts. I was disposing of expired medications one day and made a joke about having a drug party to one of the counselor's and was promptly told by a co-worker he was an ex-adict and it probably wasn't a good idea to joke like that. OOPS!
Why? These recovering people that expect everyone to tiptoe around their "problem", make me sick. It's not my fault that they can't handle their vices. Addicts are idiots. And, there is no such thing as a "gateway drug".
post #49 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:20 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I know a whole lot of useless stoners, who do nothing but take up couch space and make munchie runs to 7-11.

yeah, exactly what i was trying to say! im running a little slow today due to all the alcohol consumed last night, my brain isnt functioning properly and i didnt know how to say it.

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #50 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Comanche_

Quote:
yeah, exactly what i was trying to say! im running a little slow today due to all the alcohol consumed last night, my brain isnt functioning properly and i didnt know how to say it.
HOWS THE HANGOVER? I kied kied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0NAJEEP View Post
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
post #51 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

hangover is fine, thanks for asking

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #52 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Ding ding ding, winner!

Banning drugs because they can be abused makes about as much sense as banning handguns because they can be abused.

Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled
post #53 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 06:18 PM
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwornangel View Post
OMG Get the **** out are you serious? Ahem, fact not proven. I'm a huge Charles Dodgson fan, I've done research and although the painkillers then did contain a low trace of opium, there has been no positive proof that he was abusing them. They were the tylenol of the time period.

LOL! laudanum has trace amounts of opium? Ha ha..... even possession of an empty bottle of the stuff today CAn get you time if there's still 'traces' of the stuff in the bottle. There's more than a trace.....its one of the main ingredients!!!!!!!

So add in the fact he was alive and kicking during the opium bars (legal at the time), his melancoly spirit, your own words that laudanum WAS the painkiller at the time- for everything from headachs to toothachs to backarchs and coughs: add in the copious amounts of seemingly direct drug references in the book............ yep, My money's on he was high. Just 'cause ya' wanna believe he wasn't that's entirely up to you. He wouldn't have been the first nor last 'artist' to use drugs to inspire himself.......

So, sorry if I rained on yer' parade about how squeeky clean this guy was...the anecdotale 'evidence' is more than enough for most to connect the dots.

The only trail that sucks is the one you haven't been on yet.

If it aint related to God, guns, women, wheelin, or music then it aint worth much talking about it is it?
post #54 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Ktaadn
Low Poster

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Don't forget - there's a much harder "gateway" drug that is more addictive than weed and kills more people every year in the US than car accidents, suicides and homicides combined. Tobacco also teaches us how to abuse drugs as minors - we have to hide it from parents, sneak around to get, find a store to sell it, etc. Now, I smoke cigarettes, so I'm not giving anyone a hard time. But pot is not the gateway drug. I've treated literally thousands of chemically dependent individuals, and I would bet that 80% or more started with cigarettes as minors.
post #55 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatahdinJeeper View Post
Don't forget - there's a much harder "gateway" drug that is more addictive than weed and kills more people every year in the US than car accidents, suicides and homicides combined. Tobacco also teaches us how to abuse drugs as minors - we have to hide it from parents, sneak around to get, find a store to sell it, etc. Now, I smoke cigarettes, so I'm not giving anyone a hard time. But pot is not the gateway drug. I've treated literally thousands of chemically dependent individuals, and I would bet that 80% or more started with cigarettes as minors.
This has a lot of truth to it, I would have probably been more hesitant to do what I did as a teen if I didn't already smoke.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #56 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Randy.YJ

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Actually, that medusa head doesnt use water. You pack the herb in the bowl, light it and everyone, up to 7 people (atleast the one we had) can hit it. The funny thing is everyone has to hit it at the same time, cause if 7 people are hitting it and 5 stop, those other two people will get the biggest rip of their life. btw, weed is practically legal, in CA anyway. They're actually going to set up a marijuana vending machine in Santa Monica where you slide your med card and pay for herb just like buying a bottle of water

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.
post #57 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
This has a lot of truth to it, I would have probably been more hesitant to do what I did as a teen if I didn't already smoke.
i feel like i am not the norm when it comes to smoking cigs. i personally think they are disgusting and i have no interest in them. most people i know in college love to have that drunk cig at parties or outside bars (i guess people used to smoke in bars) but i have never been a fan. i have actually never even taken a puff of cigarette smoke. i guess in my mind i see more harm being done by cigarettes.

or something.

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #58 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

I started smoking when I was 15 and I smoked until I was 28, I'm almost 35 now and I still have problems when I drink, I still really want a cig even after not smoking for the past 6-7 years.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #59 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I started smoking cigarettes because it enhanced the pot high.

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #60 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 08:08 PM
jeeptillidie

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i feel like i am not the norm when it comes to smoking cigs. i personally think they are disgusting and i have no interest in them. most people i know in college love to have that drunk cig at parties or outside bars (i guess people used to smoke in bars) but i have never been a fan. i have actually never even taken a puff of cigarette smoke. i guess in my mind i see more harm being done by cigarettes.

or something.
I actually knew several people growing up that would smoke ganja and not cigs. I always thought it was weird but I have been off the cigs since labor day and I feel a lot better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.