drug paraphernalia - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 AM
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrm View Post
Wow epic fail. How can you counsel on something you know nothing about?

And the only thing weed leads to is doritos. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron. A weak moron at that.

I completely disagree!!! It's not that weed is a gateway drug, it's the fact that it surrounds you with people that have access to other "harder" drugs. I have done my fair share, i'm not afraid to admit it. I know what happens when you surround yourself with partiers(drug users) of any kind.

How can anyone expect to hire a drug councilor that comes into an interview and says.

"I'm very familiar with all types of drugs and I know how to use them"

P.S. In Oregon you have to say "water pipe" or they won't sell you one. Years ago we used to have a thing for making our own. We had one similar but with longer tubes so we didn't have to get up for anything.

LB

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 AM
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsnowryder View Post
I completely disagree!!! It's not that weed is a gateway drug, it's the fact that it surrounds you with people that have access to other "harder" drugs. I have done my fair share, i'm not afraid to admit it. I know what happens when you surround yourself with partiers(drug users) of any kind.

How can anyone expect to hire a drug councilor that comes into an interview and says.

P.S. In Oregon you have to say "water pipe" or they won't sell you one. Years ago we used to have a thing for making our own. We had one similar but with longer tubes so we didn't have to get up for anything.
I'd say that's what makes it a gateway drug...

And no that is definitely not a Hookah, hookah's are used for smoking tobacco drenched in flavored molasses.

3" Currie progressives, OME Shocks, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35x12.50" KM2's, 4.88's, Detroit in rear, Vanco BBK, Currie CA's

My Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Mr Q X

1995 ZJ 

Quote:

I've never had to call a bong a water pipe in bong shops.

2000 BMW 328Ci 98k
1987 Isuzu Trooper - 277k:5 B265/75/16 GoodYear DuraTrac, Custom Stereo, Brush Guard, Hella Jumbo 210's, WARN Premium Manual Locking Hubs
post #34 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:02 AM
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I completely disagree!!! It's not that weed is a gateway drug, it's the fact that it surrounds you with people that have access to other "harder" drugs. I have done my fair share, i'm not afraid to admit it. I know what happens when you surround yourself with partiers(drug users) of any kind..
I agree with yer' DISagreement. It aint some lollipop. Tooooooo many people I've known that started with weed soon took it to other places: it is a gateway drug; not all pass THROUGH the gateway onto other things...but once lil' Johnny realizes he did NOT die from weed as sooooooo many have said~ he oft wonders what other things might be the same. I worked in the medical field/realm and was around druggies all day, every day. Ask every crack head, meth user, heroin junkie and they ALL say they've smoked pot, but ask pot smokers if they've tried other things and you run the gamut of "never" to 'yeah' *but only*__________

Quote:
If they're good for the catapillar in Alice in Wonderland, it's good for me. Too bad I can't blow the smoke out in the shape of words though.
ummmmmmmm, ya' do know the author was high as a kite on Opium right? That's what he was smoking when he *dreamt* the tale..........

As for the OP....heck, just watch one month worth of Cop's on tv and you'll be well versed & up on dang near every morbid curiousity known to humankind but especially drug paraphillnalia...............

The only trail that sucks is the one you haven't been on yet.

If it aint related to God, guns, women, wheelin, or music then it aint worth much talking about it is it?
post #35 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Ktaadn
Low Poster

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
I work as a drug and alcohol rehab nurse, and it amazes me how many of the AOD counselors are ex addicts. I was disposing of expired medications one day and made a joke about having a drug party to one of the counselor's and was promptly told by a co-worker he was an ex-adict and it probably wasn't a good idea to joke like that. OOPS!
Your co-worker needs to lighten up a bit. I work as a lic alcohol and drug counselor (where most of us are addicts of some sort), and we joke about stuff like that all the time. Keeps the mood light...
post #36 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
firefitr26
2009 JK Wrangler 

MarkoPo, I imagine in rehab you get a lot more people that actually are dependent on drugs and alcohol than I do. Most people I see just happen to have gotten a DUI or marijuana possession charge, not necessarily addicted. We help them deal with stress or mental health issues.

"A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist. " --Sigmund Freud
post #37 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
I'd say that's what makes it a gateway drug...

And no that is definitely not a Hookah, hookah's are used for smoking tobacco drenched in flavored molasses.
Traditionally, that tobacco was laced with hashish and/or opium.

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #38 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
MissMurder
Enemy of all chicks

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWR View Post
I agree with yer' DISagreement. It aint some lollipop. Tooooooo many people I've known that started with weed soon took it to other places: it is a gateway drug; not all pass THROUGH the gateway onto other things...but once lil' Johnny realizes he did NOT die from weed as sooooooo many have said~ he oft wonders what other things might be the same. I worked in the medical field/realm and was around druggies all day, every day. Ask every crack head, meth user, heroin junkie and they ALL say they've smoked pot, but ask pot smokers if they've tried other things and you run the gamut of "never" to 'yeah' *but only*__________

ummmmmmmm, ya' do know the author was high as a kite on Opium right? That's what he was smoking when he *dreamt* the tale..........As for the OP....heck, just watch one month worth of Cop's on tv and you'll be well versed & up on dang near every morbid curiousity known to humankind but especially drug paraphillnalia...............

OMG Get the **** out are you serious? Ahem, fact not proven. I'm a huge Charles Dodgson fan, I've done research and although the painkillers then did contain a low trace of opium, there has been no positive proof that he was abusing them. They were the tylenol of the time period.

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #218

Just so you all know, If I think you're an ******* I will gladly tell you. I'm not your everyday girl, so don't expect me to act like one. And yeah, I do like it topless and dirty!

Quoted Jetscuh: "I really have to force myself to eat nuts. There are other forms of protein as well, but it can be hard making sure you get enough at times."
post #39 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
kaibab

Alcohol is THE gateway drug, but it's legal. So more NASCAR please.
post #40 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
Traditionally, that tobacco was laced with hashish and/or opium.
Actually traditionally the shisha was left as it was, but was rather left as tobacco laced with fruits and other sweets to flavor it. It was traditionally used in many countries as a type of "dessert" after a meal. Since its creation, albeit, many have used it to smoke other types of drugs however since day one hookahs have been primarily used for pure tobacco purposes. It is that common idea that hookahs are primarily used or have been primarily used for other types of drugs that makes them to be seen as bad or as drug paraphernalia. As such, people take the rash actions, just as my college has done, to ban them from use on campus or wherever they are. It's because of the widespread ignorance to them that I have to go out of my way to use my own hookah that has never had and drug substance other than tobacco pass through it.

3" Currie progressives, OME Shocks, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35x12.50" KM2's, 4.88's, Detroit in rear, Vanco BBK, Currie CA's

My Build Thread:

post #41 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

its only a gateway drug if you have an addictive personality and/or you dont care about your life. countless upstanding citizens occasionally burn down without turning to harder drugs like meth that ruin your life, most likely they are educated and have self control.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #42 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post
its only a gateway drug if you have an addictive personality and/or you dont care about your life. countless upstanding citizens occasionally burn down without turning to harder drugs like meth that ruin your life, most likely they are educated and have self control.
So, the drug that you do is okay, but the drugs that others may choose to do are bad?

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #43 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:02 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Actually traditionally the shisha was left as it was, but was rather left as tobacco laced with fruits and other sweets to flavor it. It was traditionally used in many countries as a type of "dessert" after a meal. Since its creation, albeit, many have used it to smoke other types of drugs however since day one hookahs have been primarily used for pure tobacco purposes. It is that common idea that hookahs are primarily used or have been primarily used for other types of drugs that makes them to be seen as bad or as drug paraphernalia. As such, people take the rash actions, just as my college has done, to ban them from use on campus or wherever they are. It's because of the widespread ignorance to them that I have to go out of my way to use my own hookah that has never had and drug substance other than tobacco pass through it.
my buddy up at NDSU is going through a similar situation. he has a hookah and because he lives in fargo there isnt **** to do so he likes to smoke hookah with his friends and frat brothers. they dont smoke weed (atleast not in the hookah) or put anything illegal through it, however he is not allowed to have it. he has gone as far as contacting the local head of the police department to discuss it with him. he was told even if he took it to the station and get it tested and approved that it was clean it wouldnt matter because technically it is still considered paraphernalia and it would be considered illegal if he were using it, regardless of what they were smoking.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #44 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:06 PM
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibab View Post
Alcohol is THE gateway drug, but it's legal. So more NASCAR please.
BBC did a show about the dangers of different drugs, alcohol was rated far worse then weed, ecstacy and even what would be considered "hard drugs", just becuase it's legal doesn't make it safe, health wise weed is far safer then drinking or smoking weed.

*I don't use weed and am not saying it's safe but that people need to keep it in perspective

edit: found it

most dangerous at top, tobacco and alcohol are in the list
  1. Heroin A
  2. Cocaine A
  3. Barbiturates (Sedatives) B
  4. Methadone (Opioid) A
  5. Alcohol Legal
  6. Ketamine C
  7. Benzodiazepines (Sedatives) C
  8. Amphetamine (Speed) B
  9. Tobacco legal
  10. Buprenorphine (Opioid) C
  11. Cannabis C
  12. Solvents Legal
  13. 4-methylthioamphetamine (amphetamine derivative) A
  14. LSD A
  15. Methylphenidate(Ritalin) B
  16. Anabolic steroids C
  17. Gamma 4-hydroxybutyric acid (depressant, “date-rape drug”) C
  18. Ecstasy A
  19. Amyl Nitrate (nitrite inhalants, “poppers”) Legal
  20. Khat (plant-derived stimulant) Legal (illegal in USA)
post #45 of 92 Old 03-30-2008, 02:07 PM
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post
my buddy up at NDSU is going through a similar situation. he has a hookah and because he lives in fargo there isnt **** to do so he likes to smoke hookah with his friends and frat brothers. they dont smoke weed (atleast not in the hookah) or put anything illegal through it, however he is not allowed to have it. he has gone as far as contacting the local head of the police department to discuss it with him. he was told even if he took it to the station and get it tested and approved that it was clean it wouldnt matter because technically it is still considered paraphernalia and it would be considered illegal if he were using it, regardless of what they were smoking.
Yep that's the same policy they have here. It pisses me off especially because the stuff we run through mine isn't half as bad as the **** people inhale through the cigarettes. Oh well, we've learned to cope with it by smoking it indoors and all but it's really upsetting on those 70* nights when you just wanna plop down in the grass and start up a hookah circle.

My Build Thread:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.