Driving on the beach? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Driving on the beach?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #46
Btwngreengray
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If I drove on our ocean beaches down in Old Orchard or on Popham Beach, I'd get arrested within minutes. The dunes are "Protected".....

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen!” Samuel Adams.

Christian Jeep Club Member #104
Btwngreengray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #47
ElPaca19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btwngreengray
If I drove on our ocean beaches down in Old Orchard or on Popham Beach, I'd get arrested within minutes. The dunes are "Protected".....
Where I go the "dunes" are protected too. There are specific areas to drive and it will cost you at least $180 one of the beaches and another $60 + for the other.

They also close some parts for nesting birds, sometimes whole beaches. So say you get your beach sticker in advance, there is no guarantee you will get the whole beach to drive on.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #48
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPaca19
Haha. I have seen that too. Down in Corolla on the OBX I saw a 2WD mini conversion Dodge Van thingy get stuck. I have no idea how they made it as far as they did but they ended up getting stuck at the narrowist point of the beach right where everyone has to go through. For those who know the area people use that as a main road. Needless to say that really held up traffic and ddi not make friend's with the locals that day.
I know where you're talking about, right where the random old wooden posts are sticking out and the house is really close to the water. I saw a pickup truck on street tires get stuck there, helped him out and he got stuck no more than 50ft later. I left
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #49
ElPaca19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
I know where you're talking about, right where the random old wooden posts are sticking out and the house is really close to the water. I saw a pickup truck on street tires get stuck there, helped him out and he got stuck no more than 50ft later. I left
Sounds like the same place. I can't really remember what exactly it looked like other then a really narrow spot and everyone has to go through it to keep driving on the beach. Carolla is so strange, you see dump trucks and ambulances and contractors driving on the beach like it is a road. well I guess it kind of is.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #50
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Around here (cencal) we all go to Pismo to drive on the beach and in the dunes. Lots of fun but i really dont think they'll be open much longer. What was an 18 mile beach has been whittled down to about 5 miles over the last few years, on weekends its packed with motor homes and trailers right up to the water. Damn greenies

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #51
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Carolla is so strange, you see dump trucks and ambulances and contractors driving on the beach like it is a road. well I guess it kind of is.
I present to you the Corova beach fire dept.

Unread 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #52
ElPaca19

But can you explain the dump trucks and such
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #53
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I will let you know. Do you stay on Chappy?
No Edgartown..right by South Beach..I used to just take Norton Point over to Chappy but cant do that anymore! Last summer I bought a few commuter books for the ferry...worked out real well and I still have half a book left so its not the end of the world..i just hate the line sometimes on busy summer days..speaking of.. this thread is making me wanna go back right now...do a little winter sand wheelin and some ice fishing

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #54
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But can you explain the dump trucks and such
When we were renting out there, a new house was being built next to ours. We saw a 10 wheel drive concrete mixer, Flatbed delivering plywood and materials, an old retired military transport delivering a gargantuan pool with a trailer.
Industry still survives without paved roads. Even the guy that serviced our hot tub had a 4wd Econoline van.
Those houses didn't build and maintain themselves ya know
Unread 01-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #55
ElPaca19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys01TJ
No Edgartown..right by South Beach..I used to just take Norton Point over to Chappy but cant do that anymore! Last summer I bought a few commuter books for the ferry...worked out real well and I still have half a book left so its not the end of the world..i just hate the line sometimes on busy summer days..speaking of.. this thread is making me wanna go back right now...do a little winter sand wheelin and some ice fishing
I wanna be up there so bad right now. Last time I was up there when it was cold I saw what I thought to be a bag of trash and got out to pick it up....turns out it was a seal. I jumped straight up when he picked his head up and looked at me...was not expecting that from a bag of trash

Anyway, now is the time to start planning when you are going so you can get a good reservation time. I think I am going to start planning tonight so if I end up going around a holiday I know I can get on the boat.
Unread 01-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #56
ElPaca19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
When we were renting out there, a new house was being built next to ours. We saw a 10 wheel drive concrete mixer, Flatbed delivering plywood and materials, an old retired military transport delivering a gargantuan pool with a trailer.
Industry still survives without paved roads. Even the guy that serviced our hot tub had a 4wd Econoline van.
Those houses didn't build and maintain themselves ya know
OK, you got me there
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #57
lanedeesie

when i have driven there before, i aired down to around 12. biggest thing was just remembering to think ahead, like accelerating and braking gradually instead of sharply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.