Driving on 3 Wheels - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-20-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,532
Driving on 3 Wheels


OMG what a dumb ***. I guess if you can afford a 500k car, you can most likely afford another 500k car.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 PM
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,957
I'm going to call BS on the $25000 per rotor. That would end up being 20% of the cars value.

Still idiotic, but he's apparently got money to burn.

97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 03-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Hurley91
Registered User
2006  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
I'm going to call BS on the $25000 per rotor. That would end up being 20% of the cars value. Still idiotic, but he's apparently got money to burn.
A guy on eBay is selling a used one for $5800. $20k is probably right.
Hurley91 is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 03-01-2014, 01:03 PM
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,957
How do you figure? 5800 is not close to 25,000 ( which is what he said). If it were worth 25,000, that ebay guy could seriously up his price.

97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 AM
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
I'm going to call BS on the $25000 per rotor. That would end up being 20% of the cars value.

Still idiotic, but he's apparently got money to burn.
Obviously hasn't been around enough exotic cars to know how much these things cost... It's ****in stupid but yes carbon rotors are $25k typically.

2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 AM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
How do you figure? 5800 is not close to 25,000 ( which is what he said). If it were worth 25,000, that ebay guy could seriously up his price.
Do you really think there's much of a market for those..?

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 AM
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Do you really think there's much of a market for those..?
Soooo....then your point is that there is no market so they can't be worth that much?

97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp

Soooo....then your point is that there is no market so they can't be worth that much?
My point is I don't think they should be worth more than $5800. But I would be surprised if he even sells it. I would guess 99% of those owners would just go to the dealership.

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 AM
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
My point is I don't think they should be worth more than $5800. But I would be surprised if he even sells it. I would guess 99% of those owners would just go to the dealership.
Nobody thinks they are actually worth it lol. But when your customers pay cash for cars $200k and up a $25k rotor isn't a big deal.

2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 AM
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Nobody thinks they are actually worth it lol. But when your customers pay cash for cars $200k and up a $25k rotor isn't a big deal.
But based on what? Since you claim to be around super cars enough to know what a "typical" rotor cost, how about you post a source?

Super cars are expensive so their parts are expensive isn't really news.

97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,532
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/18/au...anted=all&_r=0

"ceramic brakes on a Ferrari F430: at $16,808,"


http://www.examiner.com/article/upda...ceramic-brakes

"At $8,700 the M Carbon Ceramic Brakes were the most expensive option available on the new M5."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,532
http://www.amazon.com/MHP-Complete-C.../dp/B00ESNA7X0


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,532
What about a 30k Super Charger?

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/cgi-...PWEISTECSCM159


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/18/au...anted=all&_r=0

"ceramic brakes on a Ferrari F430: at $16,808,"


http://www.examiner.com/article/upda...ceramic-brakes

"At $8,700 the M Carbon Ceramic Brakes were the most expensive option available on the new M5."
Okay, a 4 corner ceramic brake package for $17k or $8k. Not a rotor for $25k.

And another 4 corner set up with calipers for $13500. Not a rotor for $25k.

Everyone agrees that ceramic brakes are expensive.

97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Concolour
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp

Okay, a 4 corner ceramic brake package for $17k or $8k. Not a rotor for $25k.

And another 4 corner set up with calipers for $13500. Not a rotor for $25k.

Everyone agrees that ceramic brakes are expensive.
Price of options from factory are a fraction of the cost of replacement parts. Otherwise a 2500 with a cummins would cost 40,000 more than one with the hemi
Concolour is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome