Dreams.....some weird stuff! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dreams.....some weird stuff!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-30-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
SteveBad
2011 JK Wrangler 

Dreams.....some weird stuff!

Did you ever have a dream where you needed to dial a phone number? You just can't get past the first 3 or 4 numbers without screwing it up. So you try again and again, and pretty soon trying to correctly dial the number becomes the whole focus of the dream.

Some folks say they dream only in black and white, but I see color if it is important to the dream, such as a red traffic light.

But the thing that brought about this post is the fact that just the other night I had a first..... I dreamed a SMELL! I imagined I was looking down into an empty oil tank, and I could SMELL oil! I never heard of anyone dreaming a smell before.

SteveBad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
jeep_on

I dream in color. I had a dream last night I was having sex on GREEN grass, with a women who wasn’t my wife (or at least I don’t think she was). In the same dream I for some reason was out servicing one of my soda machines. It happens to be a COKE machine and every knows Coke machines are RED in color.

I normally don’t dream or maybe I just don’t remember them. Things that stand out I some times remember. Like when I was a kid I dreamed I was being chased by a giant spider. It was just some thing that stands out that I remember. I’m suggestive when I dream too. Like when I fall asleep with the TV on I will some times wake up and it will take me a sec to realize I’m not dreaming b/c I was in a weird way in the TV show in the dream. I don't know about that whole smell thing though...

Off to bed.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #3
GreenDean
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBad
Did you ever have a dream where you needed to dial a phone number? You just can't get past the first 3 or 4 numbers

When I was a kid I had alot of aggression.

And I was always beating people up in my dreams...

I would through the punch... but my fist would always slow down and stop just before the persons face. In the hundreds of dreams I had like that, I could not make contact!!!

THAT ONLY ADDED TO THE AGGRESSION!!!
GreenDean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:49 AM   #4
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I use to dream a lot that I was falling, and just as I hit the bottom (be it ground, water or hell) I would wake up. I still sometimes but, rarely dream of falling.

When I was little I sometimes would have the same dream. Not the same every night but, I would have the same one the next month or so. One of them was this girl I knew while in Grade school. She was able to talk directly to God. There was a secret door under my kitchen oven that lead to a sacred temple of some sort. Except the temple was a only dirty looking cave and there was nothing on the walls. For some reason I was allowed (and some other person I didn't know) was allowed to go to this sacred place with this girl that can talk to God. (For the record, I no longer go to church except on holidays)

Lately I have dreamed of past events, only I know what I know now. These have become some twisted dreams.

And lastly, the other night I drempted that my phone rang and I was talking to someone from my past (I do not have their number), in my current bed and time of night. It was the first time I actually heard something so vivid before. When I woke up, I checked my calls on my phone and asked my room mate about it. Apparently nothing happened.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #5
Mr Q X
1995 ZJ 

i had a dream i was at school and i got out of gym and took a shower and only to find all my clothes were gone all but my shoes and socks those ones suck lol
Mr Q X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I used to dream of flying. Not like superman, but like a everweight helium balloon. Took all of my effort to get 6 foot off the ground. I didn't really move, just kind of hovered.
suicide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDean
When I was a kid I had alot of aggression.

And I was always beating people up in my dreams...

I would through the punch... but my fist would always slow down and stop just before the persons face. In the hundreds of dreams I had like that, I could not make contact!!!

THAT ONLY ADDED TO THE AGGRESSION!!!
I always have dreams that I'm in situations that I need to defend myself or others. My punches slow down, bullets misfire, all kinds of crazy stuff like that. It is actually a sign of passive aggressive tendencies.

OP - If you're into dreams, you should read some of Carl Jung's work. He has some interesting theories on the human mind in the dream state.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #8
fundabug

I have dreams that I have to shoot someone in self defense, but the gun always misfires. I just get a click click click when I pull the trigger and when it does fire I can't ever hit anything. I'll miss with the pistol right up against their forehead. I'll also have dreams that when I try to turn on lights around my house I can't tell for sure if the light comes on or not. In my dream I'll stare at the light bulb trying to figure out if it's on or not.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
Little Lisa
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDean
I don't have aggression, but that same exact thing happens to me every time I want to hit someone in a dream!! And the person I'm trying to hit usually starts laughing at me! It's horrible. Haha

It's cool to read what yall dream, because I can relate to every one of them!

I have a lot of flying dreams too. I have to run and flap my arms to get off the ground, but then I can just soar. Also sometimes I can just sort of jump really high and slow. Recently, I've just learned to read in my dreams - I never could before.

Also, I've started to be able to control them a little. Like if I'm dreaming, and something happens that makes me realize I'm dreaming, I can start to control the outcome of situations in the dream.
Blue Jeep Club Member #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBowie View Post
Lady Jeepers are hotter than mortal women, but perhaps a bit less pinkish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCHIAN78 View Post
Whats wrong with stock jeeps? Id rather have a stock jeep than a modded H2. :D:laugh:
Little Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
Conundrum

I had a dream about eating a giant marshmallow. I woke up and my pillow was gone!
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lisa
Also, I've started to be able to control them a little. Like if I'm dreaming, and something happens that makes me realize I'm dreaming, I can start to control the outcome of situations in the dream.
I've herd of people doing this. Not to sure I understand it though. How do you know your dreaming when your dreaming? Your so far off in lala land you don't know jack about whats going on.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #12
Little Lisa
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
I've herd of people doing this. Not to sure I understand it though. How do you know your dreaming when your dreaming? Your so far off in lala land you don't know jack about whats going on.
I don't always know... but there are times when I'm dreaming - something will happen, and it's like a light bulb goes off in my head. At that point I know I'm dreaming and I'll say to myself "Ok... this is a dream. What do I want to happen in this situation?"

Sometimes it's something fun - like "Ok, I'm freaking out about being late for work. This is a dream, so I don't really have to go to work. I'll go *insert activity* instead." So I'll do that. Other times I'll be having a horrible nightmare. Then I'll start doing things to either make the dream turn into something not so scary, or if that doesn't work, I'll just start doing things to try and wake myself up. It usually works.

That's also how I learned to read in my dreams. I never could before, and all of the sudden in a nightmare I was having, I realized I was dreaming (it was a scene that reoccurs in a lot of dreams I have just as they're turning into nightmares). As soon as I realized I was dreaming, I said "Hm. Ok. I'm gonna try and read something." So I found something with words on it and was able to read them. I've been able to read in dreams ever since.

Also, like SteveBad says, I have a lot of dreams where things are normal, but then the whole point of the dream changes to whatever trivial activity you're trying to do.

One time I had a dream that I had a baby, and I was shopping with the baby carriage. I put the carriage aside to go look at an item of clothing, and then the carriage was gone. I started looking for the carriage, but then I was like "Well, I have to go get my jacket first." Then the whole point of the dream became to get the jacket - and people kept on stopping me to talk, but all I could think about was getting the jacket.
Blue Jeep Club Member #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBowie View Post
Lady Jeepers are hotter than mortal women, but perhaps a bit less pinkish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCHIAN78 View Post
Whats wrong with stock jeeps? Id rather have a stock jeep than a modded H2. :D:laugh:
Little Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:15 PM   #13
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had a dream that I was walking in this field and there were all these people running around in circles and screaming "the aliens are here, the aliens are here" That's when all these flying saucers started landing all over this field. The doors on them opened and all these Mexicans ran out of them, I just looked at everyone and said "you *******es, they're illegal aliens!"

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #14
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lisa
I don't have aggression, but that same exact thing happens to me every time I want to hit someone in a dream!! And the person I'm trying to hit usually starts laughing at me! It's horrible. Haha

It's cool to read what yall dream, because I can relate to every one of them!

I have a lot of flying dreams too. I have to run and flap my arms to get off the ground, but then I can just soar. Also sometimes I can just sort of jump really high and slow. Recently, I've just learned to read in my dreams - I never could before.

Ever read any of the Carlos Castenada books?

I'll have dreams that something happens, then a couple of months to a few years later, it happens in real life. It is usually work related stuff.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #15
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
I'll have dreams that something happens, then a couple of months to a few years later, it happens in real life. It is usually work related stuff.
Lat night I dreamed that I got in my jeep to drive to class and when I started it up there was a loud bang and oil was spilling all over the pavement. When I woke up I took the bus downtown for class.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.