Door Handles on full doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Door Handles on full doors

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 04-22-2002, 07:48 AM   #1
SnowMan

Door Handles on full doors

Does anyone know how to get those outer door handles out of the full doors. My old ones crapped out and got some new ones ( used) to drop in just don't know how. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also has anyone had there full doors repainted, and if so what was the cost. I'm lookin to get mine done but don't want o get taken for a ride.

Unread 04-22-2002, 01:09 PM   #2
GothicJeep

check out 4wd.com (4wd hardware). They have tons of replacement parts for everything!

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2002, 02:32 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There are 2 metal clips holding them in place shaped like a saw. I had to replace mine a few years ago because all of the chrome chipped off them. I replaced them with black ones because all of my other hardware is black. You have to remove the inside door panel to get at the clips.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2002, 05:14 AM   #4
SnowMan

THanks RCHavok797, just a couple more questions
How do those saw like clips work. What tool did you use and how? When you say take the inner door of, do you mean the vinyl skin covering the metal? If this works I'll buy ya a beer.
Unread 04-23-2002, 05:57 AM   #5
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The clips are smaller at one end and just push up tight against the handle to lock it into place. There is one on each side. Yeah I mean the vinyl peice covering the inside part of the door so you can access the handle. You should be able to pull the clips down with a pair of pliers. I believe there is a small hole in the bottom of the clips that you could put something in to make pulling them out easier like a pair of pliers with bent tips. It is kind of a pain only because it's hard to see what you are doing. The hole that you have to work through is below the handle. Use plenty of light.
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:40 AM   #6
SnowMan

RCHavok797,

I got'em out They worked just like you said but instaed of those clips slidding down, mine slide up and hit the window sill. A little force and they came cleanly out. Look like I owe ya a beer, if your ever up in canada, you can try some canadian brew. Thanks Again
Unread 04-25-2002, 06:11 AM   #7
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.