Don't Be A Dishonest Seller!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Don't Be A Dishonest Seller!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 09-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #16
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Seems like common sense to me, but then again some people are pretty dumb and/or rationalize things in their own idiotic way. Nice work, hopefully it helps

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Seems like common sense to me, but then again some people are pretty dumb and/or rationalize things in their own idiotic way. Nice work, hopefully it helps
Thanks Unlimited04! It is very basic common sense which most of us do without thinking twice, but unfortunately some people are very idiotic and dishonest. I hope it helps as well

BTW - your rig is lookin' good!
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
ozo101
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post
You shipped something without having the payment for it first?
i know , well he said he didnt have a paypal account and that if I sent a paypal invoice to his email he can do a one time payment (I didnt know that that was possible but is true) anyways i sent the invoice and on the transaction said pending, he email me and askme to ship the frame, long story the pending never went away cuz pending does not mean that the money is being transfered it meas that they are waiting for the other party to pay , he never did and told me that it went thru on his side and that was it never got back to me, I pm`ed him many times but nothing no money no nothing, he is lucky he lives on the other side of the country. i was trusting cuz he was a jeeper working on a rebuilt projrct justy like me a many of my friends who are some of the most hones and helpfull people arround, I never expected this from a jf member!

Last edited by ozo101; 09-18-2009 at 06:07 PM..
ozo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #19
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo101 View Post
i know , well he said he didnt have a paypal account and that if I sent a paypal invoice to his email he can do a one time payment (I didnt know that that was possible but is true) anyways i sent the invoice and on the transaction said pending, he email me and askme to ship the frame, long story the pending never went away cuz pending does not mean that the money is being transfered it meas that they are waiting for the other party to pay , he never did and told me that it went thru on his side and that was it never got back to me, I pm`ed him many times but nothing no money no nothing, he is lucky he lives on the other side of the country. i was trusting cuz he was a jeeper working on a rebuilt projrct justy like me a many of my friends who are some of the most hones and helpfull people arround, I never expected this from a jf member!
I know what you mean. I used to think being a member of JF had a certain amount of credibility associated with it automatically, but the reality is any internet dickwad can make an account anywhere and screw honest people. On an unrelated note, don't ever buy a muffler from anyone in West Virginia who drives a red XJ
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
TJandMe
1985 CJ7 

Sounds like a lot of chastising for something you could not prove. I read the classified ad for the 4:10's and his story is extremely possible. I do that all the time. I buy things and then keep searching for the same item while waiting for the one I bought to arrive and consequently find a better deal and buy it also. Sounds like he did find and buy another set with lower miles and gave his friend the higher mile set he'd already purchased (as I have done with tons of used Jeep parts) and then, after his Jeep was totaled, was forced to sell the 40k pair.

That all makes sense right?
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
Sounds like a lot of chastising for something you could not prove. I read the classified ad for the 4:10's and his story is extremely possible. I do that all the time. I buy things and then keep searching for the same item while waiting for the one I bought to arrive and consequently find a better deal and buy it also. Sounds like he did find and buy another set with lower miles and gave his friend the higher mile set he'd already purchased (as I have done with tons of used Jeep parts) and then, after his Jeep was totaled, was forced to sell the 40k pair.

Yeah, honestly I was thinking the same thing. It could really go either way. He buys the 80k gears for $150 and then finds 40k gears for $200 the next day. His buddy decides $150 is worth regearing to 4.10 so he takes the first set of gears, the original buyer also purchases the second set of gears, then the Jeep gets totaled. He could just as easily be lying, but I don't think his story is actually all that far fetched.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #22
TJandMe
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post
Yeah, honestly I was thinking the same thing. It could really go either way. He buys the 80k gears for $150 and then finds 40k gears for $200 the next day. His buddy decides $150 is worth regearing to 4.10 so he takes the first set of gears, the original buyer also purchases the second set of gears, then the Jeep gets totaled. He could just as easily be lying, but I don't think his story is actually all that far fetched.
That's all I'm saying. I realize it could in fact just as easily be a lie but in my book, the tie goes to the runner.
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #23
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo101 View Post
HEY letttsss all PM that member a billion times and tell him to give you, your money. and find someone that is near him and get your frame back!

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I sold a Toyota 4runner whose rear differential I'd rebuilt with epoxy putty.

But not on JF.
TheMightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post

That was just one "coincidental" situation I recently experienced and all the the back and forth PMs tell a different story as well as the timing of everything. He bought those gears from hypnotikrobot and totaled his rig the day they arrived at his door. He claims he sold those gears to his buddy but then why in the world would he buy another set w/ 40k and sell them between the time he totaled his jeep and now??? And if these gears were just laying around he would have never bought another set of 4.10s... he would have just sold those gears w/ 40k to his buddy. it just doesn't make sense! He also had conflicting dates as to when he said his jeep was totaled. The whole deal was sketchy to begin with and I got a bad vibe about it even before hypnotikrobot confronted him.

The bottom line is he bought the set of 4.10 gears w/ 80k and then totaled his jeep and never installed them. Then turned around and said they only had 40k and asked $50 more then what he paid for them. Maybe, just maybe I would believe his story if he worked at a parts store and had boxes of used 4.10 gears laying around.

But regardless... This thread was not to blast that seller but mostly to set some basic "common sense" guidelines for people trying to sell stuff on JF.

EDIT: Make sure to read post #150 in this thread... Str8stock4l came clean about lying...

Last edited by B2CARPEN; 09-21-2009 at 08:00 PM..
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #26
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
HEY letttsss all PM that member a billion times and tell him to give you, your money. and find someone that is near him and get your frame back!
X2 brother!! That should not go unsettled!!

ozo101 - Give up his info and we'll send it out on this forum and try to track down your $$ or window and give him a beat down at the same time!
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #27
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
X2 brother!! That should not go unsettled!!

ozo101 - Give up his info and we'll send it out on this forum and try to track down your $$ or window and give him a beat down at the same time!

yeah I mean thats just messed up.

I was just talking to a buddy too about people being ripped off and how much its messed up.

and then I get on JF and this is the first thing I see.

and lets get money, window, and beatdown.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #28
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat View Post
I sold a Toyota 4runner whose rear differential I'd rebuilt with epoxy putty.

But not on JF.
your just asking to have **** talked about you with a stupid *** post like that..

why would you post something like that in this thread.

I mean thats like saying "I robbed a bank" in a police officer thread.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #29
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
your just asking to have **** talked about you with a stupid *** post like that..

why would you post something like that in this thread.

I mean thats like saying "I robbed a bank" in a police officer thread.

BTW I dig your avatar
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

here is the guy ozo101 was talking about

Jeep Space - Divebum

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.