I'm starting this thread as a very basic guideline specific for JF members that post adds in the JF classifieds.
When posting an add on JF classifieds (or any website) DO NOT try to scam, lie, and rip people off to make a personal gain by being dishonest! It's just absolutely terrible that there are some people you can't trust these days. All it takes is just one idiot to ruin it all and break your trust from buying something on-line! It's just not the good ol' days of face to face sale transactions anymore. Ebay, craigslist, and other "classified type" websites are always infested with liars, scammers, and cheats... I wish I could say that JF is safe from these types of people. That's why I truly believe there needs to be some basic rules for all JF members posting adds in the classified sections along with serious consequences for those that break these rules.
For those who try and sell something on this forum... PLEASE BE HONEST!! We are a community of friends, family, and great all around people and don't deserve to be ripped off.
When you post an add for sale in JF classifieds...
- Be as accurate as possible about the item you are selling. Don't lie, under / over estimate, or try to make your item "appear" to be any better then it really is!
- There's obviously a reason you are selling the item so don't make up some BS story when asked. If you have to try and make up some story why you are selling something then that's usually a good sign you shouldn't be selling it to someone else.
- Be reasonable on the price and don't try to make a huge profit on the buyer... especially on used items that no longer have any warranty. You might have some sort of loss in some way or another... don't make it the buyer's loss!!
- DO NOT sell JUNK!!! If you are selling it because it's broke, then throw it out or return it if you have a warranty!! Don't try and screw someone else! The only exception to this is if you are honest about the defect and you make that very clear in your add. Do not expect much $$ for defective items regardless of "what you paid for it"!
- Do not overstate shipping to try and make an extra buck on your sale! Accidentally overstating shipping costs happens from time to time but try your best to give an accurate shipping estimate based on the size, weight, and destination of the delivery. Call UPS or FedEx ahead of time with the exact details to obtain an accurate shipping estimate for the buyer.
- Be helpful when answering questions about your item for sale. Sometimes members might be interested in an item you are selling but might not know enough about it to determine if it will work out for them. Look at the buyer's profile and jeep information and do your best to help out to provide as much information as you can. DO NOT "play dumb" and sell something to someone when you know it won't work for them!
- And last but not least.... treat people how you would expect to be treated! Everyone gets ripped off at least once in their life and it's never a good experience. Don't become that person and rip someone else off to make up for it. Take your losses and retaliate by exposing those that are dishonest!
Hopefully this thread gets distributed around for a while... I'm looking to buy some 4.10 gears soon LOL