Don't **** delivery drivers. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Don't **** delivery drivers.

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #61
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
The reason it probably takes an hour is because you dont tip. You should find a new faster pizzeria to deliver to you.
You get paid a salary to do a task which is drive, and you expect someone to fork over more cash for what your manager is already paying you to do? Why?

From what Ive heard you say in this thread I can extrapolate that you have no idea who actually pays your bills. You, your manager, and co-workers work for ME when I order a pizza, if I'm not happy with your service you won't get ANY of my money. No tip, and no pizza money ever again. I CAN fire you and your entire organization.

Do you think your manager would approve of your sh*t list?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a good tipper if i order out but this entitlement bullsh*t drives me nuts.

Zombi's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also, they eat babies.
Zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #62
billmatic
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
I never tip,the damn pizza place already charges my $2 for the service and I live 6 blocks from them and normally takes 1 hour.I never get tipped so why should I have to tip?
So that you get your pizzas in less than an hour and without pubes on them?
billmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #63
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombi View Post
You get paid a salary to do a task which is drive, and you expect someone to fork over more cash for what your manager is already paying you to do? Why?

From what Ive heard you say in this thread I can extrapolate that you have no idea who actually pays your bills. You, your manager, and co-workers work for ME when I order a pizza, if I'm not happy with your service you won't get ANY of my money. No tip, and no pizza money ever again. I CAN fire you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a good tipper if i order out but this entitlement bullsh*t drives me nuts.
9 out 10 times its the pizzeria its self fault. Take a better look at my posts. Reading comprehention is your friend

You personally can fire me? I dont think so, if a majority of customers complain, then yes, but if one single person says that they want one of the employees fired, my boss will most likely completely ignore you. I could see him saying that he will fire the drivers, just to please the customer.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #64
jmmorgan82

Quote:

From what Ive heard you say in this thread I can extrapolate that you have no idea who actually pays your bills. You, your manager, and co-workers work for ME when I order a pizza, if I'm not happy with your service you won't get ANY of my money. No tip, and no pizza money ever again. I CAN fire you and your entire organization.

I bet you're just a pleasant person to be around.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #65
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you are a pizza boy that is what you are. I feel your pain, I was a pizza boy for weeks. I didn't like so I moved on. Being a pizza boy requires very little ability or talent, therefore you are compensated accordingly. If you don't like it become something you like.

To the OP, it seems you are unhappy with your job. In the time it took to responds to these post you could have filled out numerous job applications, did you? What have you done to improve your situation?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #66
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You personally can fire me? I dont think so,
You don't get it do you.

Your employer pays you to do a job, (s)he hands over cash to get you motivated.
I hand over cash for you to do a job, to get you motivated.
See the similarity? The money you make on an hourly basis comes from ME the customer, if Im not paying for your service anymore I have indeed fired you.
Zombi's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also, they eat babies.
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #67
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
I don't coddle babies.
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #68
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I live like 4 blocks from the pizza place, i no I'm lazy for ordering delivery. But I always give at least a $2 tip. I would normally see the the guys car pull up and I would go out and meet him on the front porch, recently he honks the horn. And wants me to walk down the steps and let him pass it threw the window like WTF. So I didn't leave him a tip. I think he got the message after the last time he honked the horn. And he waited like 2 minutes to get out of his car. Then I made him knock on my door and wait on me. Don't get me wrong if you don't screw with me I won't screw with you
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #69
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
You should still give a small tip, like 2 maybe 3 dollars especially if the driver is kind and has a smile on his face, the drivers do not get the 2 dollars, and the pizzeria i work at has no delivery charge.

The reason it probably takes an hour is because you dont tip. You should find a new faster pizzeria to deliver to you.

Why would you get tipped? WTF are you talking about?
Yeah same 18 year old kid delivers every time in a '09 Caddy Escalade,not hurting for money by any means,and yes it is his not mommy and daddy's.
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #70
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't get it do you.

Your employer pays you to do a job, (s)he hands over cash to get you motivated.
I hand over cash for you to do a job, to get you motivated.
See the similarity? The money you make on an hourly basis comes from ME the customer, if Im not paying for your service anymore I have indeed fired you.
From what I have read, it seems that they get payed bellow minimum wage. So tips can be vital to ones income espicially if they DD a jeep lol. I havent worked delivery before, but I do work as a manager at a fast food restraunt. We dont make tips, but we do however make at/or above minimum wage. I can see where the OP's anger is coming from. I can also see why people wouldnt tip as generously if they driver sucks. I will say, after working in the fast food busiiness I am definately alot more understanding to such problems. I agree its not manditory, but I see it as being the decent thing to do.
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #71
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

*Edited*
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #72
njmjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So is it necessary to tip a delivery driver who uses a company car?

~Nick~
njmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #73
mrbates
RESIDENT METAL
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
Quote:
I eat babies.
Zombie's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also they eat babies.

2003 X. 3" SA. Locked D44s F/R. 35" MTR-K's
mrbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #74
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbates View Post
Zombie's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also they eat babies.
Check out my new sig! *edited for accuracy*
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #75
Blstravler
2011 JK Wrangler 

I delivered pizza for about 2 years, and it does suck when you get stiffed. Also, you don't get paid a full wage, just like waiters, its only a few bucks an hour.

The place I worked for started a list of houses they would no longer deliver to after we had a problem with tipping. Best story I have is I delivered a pizza once and I mistakenly thought the person told me to keep the change, but they didn't. They called the place I worked for and said they wanted their 17cents... The owners had me go back re-fund all their money and told them we would no longer be delivering to them ever again.

At least we had owners that stuck up for us, that helped and that was why I lasted for 2 years.
Blstravler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.