Don't buy car parts from auto parts stores... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Don't buy car parts from auto parts stores...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't buy car parts from auto parts stores...

We work there, FOOLS

Achped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Sad part is that's what the closest Advance and O'Reilley parts stores are like in Columbus. (back home) I go to the two on the other side of town if I want anything, they're staffed by older guys that know what they're doing.
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, you have to understand. We're salesmen, not mechanics. Nothing irks me more than dudes who come in and want to know why their car won't start or something.

The older guys are nicer though. I just can't stand customers who think we know everything. When you come in and ask me if I know why your car won't start....I automatically go into "You're an idiot" mode.

I don't go into Best Buy and ask them why my TV won't turn on, or Publix and annoy the cashiers as to why my ham won't cook thoroughly.

You think I'm bad? The other kid in that pic (the guy with the beard) tells people oil filters aren't needed when doing an oil change, or that you don't need to wash a car before you wax it, my favorite though is "You don't need rear brakes if your front ones work ok."
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
tahoe wheelers

Thats really great. Thats why I dont like to buy parts from people like you b/c you know nothing of what your selling
1985 cj 7. 360 V8, 35X12.50 BFG's sitting on Crager 15X8 rims, summer brothers axle rear, Yukon axles up front, lock rite lockers front and rear, 5" of lift, body armor, six point roll cage, 8000lb warn winch, 4.56 yukon gears front and rear, t-18, dana 300. And much more on the way.

www.therockgods.com
www.reno4x4.com
tahoe wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #6
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achped
Well, you have to understand. We're salesmen, not mechanics.
Then don't give me a hard time when I make you price match a part to another store. I found a radiator for $203 at NAPA and went to Autozone with a printout of the price. Autozone wanted $285. They made me feel like a criminal. The counter guy balked, then got the assistant manager and he said "I don't know, let me get the manager." She gave me dirty looks the whole time and looked like her head was about to explode from rage. I don't see why they would care if that's the store policy.
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Whoa, dude, haha. Don't talk to me about that.

Holy crap, I price match anyone. Seriously, you can come up to me and say "Napa has it for 20$" and I'll sell you a 300$ radiator for 20$. I'm going to Iraq soon so what the hell do I care. Don't ***** at me like I was the one who gave you a hard time.

The people you speak of are what I like to call "******s" aka managers.

And to tell you the truth, I know alot more than the average customer does about what I'm selling. I just hate explaining myself to dumb rednecks who won't remember the beginning of the sentence by the time I get to the end of it.
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I hate advance. hate hate hate.

I asked somebody who worked there if they had u-bolts, he had no idea so he asked his manager. Manager asks me to describe said item, I say, "it's a bolt shaped like a U" he asks if I can draw a picure of he says "OH one of those!", and shows me where the muffler clamps are....
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm going to Iraq soon so what the hell do I care.
best of luck to you...be safe and keep your head low
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I like your comment above. /\/\ And yes, I know that you guys are salesmen, not mechanics, but most ones here lack even a beginners knowledge. Achped, do some good in Iraq for us all please! May you stay safe and maybe be man enough to end this war yourself! the customers you're referring to, we did get in a grocery store from time to time. That was a pain, and the you're an idiot mode was right. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers or give you a hard time. Its good to see you can have fun at work though!
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
GreenDean
1995 ZJ 

I worked auto parts for a while.

Back when i was a teenager.

The differentce between me and all the other ******s working the counter.... I DID know why your car wouldn't start. I could walk out into the parking lot and get it running within a few minutes. The service guys got pissed becuase I was taking work away from them. I didnt care, most people tipped me more then I would make in 3 hours for helping them.

Here's my auto parts pic.
The manager NEVER saw that. He was half blind.
(I'm on the right)
GreenDean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM
I like your comment above. /\/\ And yes, I know that you guys are salesmen, not mechanics, but most ones here lack even a beginners knowledge. Achped, do some good in Iraq for us all please! May you stay safe and maybe be man enough to end this war yourself! the customers you're referring to, we did get in a grocery store from time to time. That was a pain, and the you're an idiot mode was right. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers or give you a hard time. Its good to see you can have fun at work though!
No sir, don't take it personally. I just get into really really long rants about the customers we have, I wasn't meaning to insult you. We're dead in the middle of the most hickish area around, but don't get me wrong. I love good ole country/southern folk. The nice, southern gentlemen are awesome to deal with. But when you get Big Tim who wants his truck fixed yesterday and yells at you because you can't get his part until 5 PM that day, it gets freaking old really friggin quick. Or Bubba who needs "one of them darn things that make the plugs go spark for his...65? 75? 88? chevy? somethin truck with the v8"...very very unsat.
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #13
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No sir, don't take it personally. I just get into really really long rants about the customers we have, I wasn't meaning to insult you. We're dead in the middle of the most hickish area around, but don't get me wrong. I love good ole country/southern folk. The nice, southern gentlemen are awesome to deal with. But when you get Big Tim who wants his truck fixed yesterday and yells at you because you can't get his part until 5 PM that day, it gets freaking old really friggin quick. Or Bubba who needs "one of them darn things that make the plugs go spark for his...65? 75? 88? chevy? somethin truck with the v8"...very very unsat.
I'm not, I do know what you mean, we had people come into the grocery store I worked at and asked me for "that you know, white powedery stuff I saw on a TV commercial." Crack, lady? The ones that dont know what they have or how many cylinders are great to laugh at though! That's why I'm glad I'm at MB, we ARE NOT a service business, so I dont have to deal directly with the public and get to direct them to our Public relations and communications departments if asked anything I dont wanna talk about.
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #14
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We work there, FOOLS

Oh, that YOU! I just thought it was some cheesy pic of a couple of losers you found online!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #15
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whoa, dude, haha. Don't talk to me about that.

Holy crap, I price match anyone. Seriously, you can come up to me and say "Napa has it for 20$" and I'll sell you a 300$ radiator for 20$. I'm going to Iraq soon so what the hell do I care. Don't ***** at me like I was the one who gave you a hard time.

The people you speak of are what I like to call "******s" aka managers.

And to tell you the truth, I know alot more than the average customer does about what I'm selling. I just hate explaining myself to dumb rednecks who won't remember the beginning of the sentence by the time I get to the end of it.
Napa qouted me a stroked 4.0 for like $20.00

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.