Dog Fostering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dog Fostering

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dog Fostering

So, long story short, my wife and I recently rescued 6 emaciated puppies from a ditch by the side of the road.

The pups are now healthy and strong and almost ready to go out to rescues. We have plenty of rescues who would like to take them, but they can't because they don't have any available foster homes.

If I can offer rescues puppies who are coming fully spayed/neutered, microchipped, vaccinated including booster shots, de-wormed with official health certificates, with professional photography/video, *plus* volunteer foster homes, there's almost no reason to say no.

If you've never looked into fostering before, it's *awesome*. It's kind of like long-term dog-sitting or a temporary dog.

The rescue organization takes care of all vet/medicine/medical costs, most help provide collars/leashes/crates, and many will even reimburse you the cost of food! All you have to do is provide lots of loving, a structured home, and bring it to events to help it get adopted.

If you've ever wanted to have a dog, but were worried about your work hours, or where you'll be in a year or two, or you're not sure exactly what kind of dog you want yet, fostering is the *perfect* answer. You get to save a dog but don't have to stress over the cost or long-term commitment. And it's the *most* useful thing you can do to help out a rescue.

If you have any questions about fostering, here is a great FAQ page:
http://www.petfoster.org/faqs.html

So if you're interested, let me know (either by PM or email me at gdotmarsh@gmail.com) your location and if you have an interest in a specific puppy. At that point I'll try and match you up with a rescue in your area.

Even if you personally can't, please feel free to pass this along to others you think might be able to!

Thank you again everyone for any sharing of this that you can do!

-Geoff
http://geoffreymarsh.com/TheTARDISGang/

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bump for puppies?

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.