Does your job suck? What do you do? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 11-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #76
xlch
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What no cust service people.....oh well I can fix that. I work for an RV manufacture doing dealer tech support and cust assistance on the phone. I approve all repairs and warranty for the dealerships and tell dumb *** customers how to use their new 40K RV. I probably take 60 calls on a busy day and maybe 20 on a slow day. Its amazing at the things that people try to slide past you and get covered under warranty, "That scratch has been there since i bought it" Uh huh and you bought it a year and a half ago and it just now bothered you bad enough that you decided to have it fix. Sorry No soup for you! Some people are great and I will bend over backwards to help someone who treats me with at least a little respect but start out cussing me and demanding this or that and telling me that I will do this or that and there will be no exceptions, I guess some people just think they have to be an *** to get what they want. Not that this applies to anyone here but here is a little tip, you treat someone with respect and you will get it in return, be an ******* and guess what you are gonna get in return.

Now the tank might get beter gas milage but that is a different story.
xlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #77
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My Job..... is a House Mouse. I'm "Retired" HA! Ya-Right! Retirement means everyone wants you to do stuff for them for FREE because they figure I have nothing else better to do when reality is that they are to CHEAP! So, when I decline an "Offer" (Used loosly) As if I was going to salivate at the chance or somethin.... Anyway, I become the bad guy for not Jumping to attention and take the work.
1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #78
moneypit89

I do in home repair on big screen televisions and appliances. It has become what i know. It has its moments, but i do drive alot during the day and have to deal with people which i like. I believe it is a secure career, but i would love to get into law enforcement. I have always wanted to be a police officer but i dont think that right out of high school i would have been ready. Im 32 with four kids now so i feel as if i am ready. Its just very hard to find a dept that will send you through the academy. Where i live you can put yourself through but having a full time job its not possible. I really need to find a way to make it happen.
moneypit89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #79
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypit89
I do in home repair on big screen televisions and appliances. It has become what i know. It has its moments, but i do drive alot during the day and have to deal with people which i like. I believe it is a secure career, but i would love to get into law enforcement. I have always wanted to be a police officer but i dont think that right out of high school i would have been ready. Im 32 with four kids now so i feel as if i am ready. Its just very hard to find a dept that will send you through the academy. Where i live you can put yourself through but having a full time job its not possible. I really need to find a way to make it happen.
Good luck fulfilling your dream. I hope this works out for you expeditiously.
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #80
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Boltman View Post
Coal miner. I love it, it's very exciting.

Plus I make more than most people with college degrees.
That's a nice area (Madison Wv.) I just came back from up that way,Riding Atv's on the Hatfield McCoy Trails.
gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #81
JoeJeepWMU
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I spend my day telling people to remove their shoes, their belts, anything from their pockets and throw away a lot of bottled water. Also do home repair on my days off. Thankful I am working and attempting to pay off those student loans.

2006 Jeep TJ Sport Auto White Jeep Club #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat View Post
I'll do you one better. Friday afternoon.

Though to be fair I have washed my balls off in the sink once or twice.
JoeJeepWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #82
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am in Federal Law Enforcment. Tomorrow marks ten years as a FED. and 15 total as a Cop. My frist Job was raking hay for a farmer down the road. Joined the Navy and went to boot camp right out of high school, did 6 active and 4 in the reserve. Got out got a degree and went in to Law Enforcment as a local cop in Texas and then on the the FEDS. I LOVE MY JOB.
kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #83
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk
I am in Federal Law Enforcment. Tomorrow marks ten years as a FED. and 15 total as a Cop. My frist Job was raking hay for a farmer down the road. Joined the Navy and went to boot camp right out of high school, did 6 active and 4 in the reserve. Got out got a degree and went in to Law Enforcment as a local cop in Texas and then on the the FEDS. I LOVE MY JOB.
Whoa. Sounds exactly like how my father worked his way up to being an agent for the ATF. He was in the navy then NIS then became a fed agent. Retired now.
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #84
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What makes him weird?
Ryan, you never did answer Keith. He needs some ideas.
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #85
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I work security part time while in college which is really my full time job. Most of my security assignments aren't too bad.

As far as any of you construction workers that need work around the country get some money together, and get a travel trailer or conversion van, (there is no housing to be had at the moment, this is why I suggest travel trailer or retrofitted van) and come to Western North Dakota (Minot, Dickinson) with the floods and the oil boom, there is great money to be made, I know many guys out there are making 3-4 times what they would make anywhere else, and every time I talk to people out there all they complain about is needing more construction workers.

Also if you have no skills and HS diploma or GED, and don't mind working long hard hours the oil companies are hiring, paid training and living expenses for 6 months, I think the in training they make about 30K for that first 6 months, but not living expenses either. Starting pay right now is around 90K with benefits, several of my friends have been out there just over a year and are making six figures.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #86
tlgraham
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I work in a call center for a company that develops Electronic Medical Record systems for hospitals and such and I hate every minute of it. All of my experience is working with computer hardware and I got placed here due to business need. 2 months into an 18 month commitment and I'm counting the months until I can switch teams, if I don't quit altogether before then.
tlgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #87
tloftin86
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i work for a towboat company, a deckhand gone 30 days at a time and only home 15 days, i hate my job and wish i could find a job around town so i could be home with my son at the very least every weekend, the army sent me to school for a year and i have some college in for computers and electronics but can't find a job doing anything close to my experience, so i guess i'm stuck for now
tloftin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #88
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I test vaccum cleaners. It sucks pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
I know what ya mean. I test fans for a living and it blows.
I test anchors at the boatyard. Can't seem to keep my head above water nowadays.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #89
zxrider
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've had a few jobs and they all suck. Some more than what I have now. I work as a maintenance tech at a local steel stamping factory. All the employees excluding the management are IBEW union member. Operators run presses to stamp out the thin steel plates that go inside of electric motors. The motors were assembled here but that process has now moved to Mexico. If everything is running right I have tons of free time and access to many tools. When things are not running it is a greasy oily pain in the *** headache of a job. Although during some of this free time I have made several things for my jeep. Plus I can get more scrap sheet metal than I could ever use. A new company took over earlier this year and things have gotten a little slow. I was laid off for a week last month. The pay is great for the area and it's really close to home. The furnaces are the most dangerous part of the the job. They are used for the annealing process of the parts. They have a hydrogen / nitrgen atmosphere that burns @ 1650 degrees F. It is not fun to replace any part on a heated furnace especially one that is on the top.
zxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #90
Tang87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm a computer / cell phone salesman at a local computer company. Its terrible some of the people I get to deal with. I even try to help and set up customers routers before they leave with them and it makes it worse when they can't even plug them in right and keep bringing it back. Then when it's slow I hang out on forums or play team fortress 2 on my laptop lol
Tang87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.