Does your job suck? What do you do? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #61
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Push carts in northern Indiana with the worst weather anywhere and where the people are dicks

[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #62
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcus View Post
Dude stay in school. I never finished my degree and I regret it. Now Im going to go back to school at night/ online after work and my kids go to sleep.
Eh I don't know man. Our "business" seems to have a good chance. Not that I'm immediately dropping out right now but if we get sales and start heading forward it's definitely worth taking a look into focusing 100% on that.

Honestly I don't value school. Yea yea yea ****ing 16 yr old saying he hates school...who gives a ****? Nobody. But before you make any decisions read this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/te...-life-1262541/

I don't give a **** what other people think about me. I am who I am and nobody can change it.

(none of that is directed at you, I just get fired up about this)

Sorry about the derail. Continue on.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #63
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm a cnc machinist for an underground mining machinery company. I don't mind the work, and the pay is good, for my area. For being young and not going to school I'm doing pretty well.
wes97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #64
Barcus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21

Eh I don't know man. Our "business" seems to have a good chance. Not that I'm immediately dropping out right now but if we get sales and start heading forward it's definitely worth taking a look into focusing 100% on that.

Honestly I don't value school. Yea yea yea ****ing 16 yr old saying he hates school...who gives a ****? Nobody. But before you make any decisions read this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/te...-life-1262541/

I don't give a **** what other people think about me. I am who I am and nobody can change it.

(none of that is directed at you, I just get fired up about this)

Sorry about the derail. Continue on.
Not saying anything about you...just giving my real life opinion. Its all good
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:06 AM   #65
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Went to college. Worked in the nursing field. Loved it. My pops developed COPD & now I work along side him at his company. We do mobile office restroom systems. We cover the whole state of Michigan and I typically work 70 hours a week. It's a crappy job (literally) but it pays far better than nursing and I get to work with my dad... win win.

Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed...
hollybygolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #66
hawksfan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Joined the military after high school and went into Law Enforcement, been doing it for 28 years now (only 12 in the military) can retire in less than 4 years then on to being a wal mart greeter
hawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #67
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Come on guys! I want to hear about some jobs that might really suck.
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #68
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan
Joined the military after high school and went into Law Enforcement, been doing it for 28 years now (only 12 in the military) can retire in less than 4 years then on to being a wal mart greeter
Lmao you could be like Walter, hi welcome to wal-mart, get your sh*t and get out hahaha
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #69
hawksfan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell420tj View Post
Lmao you could be like Walter, hi welcome to wal-mart, get your sh*t and get out hahaha
I've thought of that and figured I might not last long. how about a toll booth operator? they piss me off, I don't let them thru!!
hawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #70
paroxysym
2007 WK 

im a sr drafter at a civil engineering firm. i havent done a damn thing related to my job description in over a year. not happy about it, just consider ita 9 to 5, pay the bills gig now. one day ill land in a position i can call a career, cause this certainly isnt it.
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #71
Keith
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan22ddd View Post
My job really sucks right now. I'm a local tractor trailer driver for Fedex. I've been on light duty doing paper work in the office since 09/20/11, when I fell out the back door of a broken trailer thus tearing up my shoulder. I hate being in an office. My boss is soooo weird and hard to work for. I am so thankful I'll be back in a truck at full duty this week. What do you guys do? Btw...super thanful I can play on my phone!!!
What makes him weird?

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #72
Country Boy
Bovi-sapiens

2000 WJ 

I work three jobs. Firstly, I own a dairy farm with my dad. We are pretty small and really don't make any money at it, but my dad wants to keep it up until he retires in a few years. Probably will sell the cows at that point. My second job is a full time job as a mechanic, parts man, store clerk and pack mule at a local hardware store/small engine shop. I run the shop and parts room, and I help out in the store as needed. I tend to get called on to carry out large items because I am the biggest guy there. My unofficial job there is to check out all the hot women that come into the store and help them out. They tend to come to me now for hardware and other items their dads/boyfriends/husbands send them in for.

My third job is the one I am about to leave the house for. I work seasonal at a local grain elevator taking in grain and running the dryer nights and weekends. Tonight I get to work the 10-6 shift, then get a couple hours sleep and go to my job at the store. Something tells me tomorrow is going to be a long *** day.

Farming is easy when your plow is a pencil and you are a thousand miles from the cornfield. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't curse the farmer with your mouth full.

Ah, cows. A thousand roast beef sandwiches wrapped in a gorgeous leather coat.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #73
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Full time Engineering student which isn't bad. I also used to manager a gas station which was okay since I worked on my terms and it was more convenient, now I work under this woman who is terrible, doesn't do anything, and half asses what she does. She also doesn't care about anything unless it benefits her. The customers are also a royal pain in the *** (though tonight wasn't bad...didn't get yelled at, harassed, and it was kinda slow cause the price jumped up today).

I can't wait to get outta school and get a "real" job.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #74
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Well, my job doesn't suck. In fact, I think it's the best job in the world. I'm a career firefighter - Local 3133. I get to drive a half million dollar pumper truck around with lights and sirens.
However, sometimes the calls we run suck. I'm on duty and about
an hour ago we ran a pediatric febrile seizure - 7 month old - very sick kid.
Got on the forum and saw this thread on the main page - had to chime in.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #75
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I already posted the job I have but a job I had really sucked. I worked as a maintenance tech at a bio diesel plant. In las Vegas outside in the summer fitting and refitting pipes, fixing constant leaks, and generally busting my ***. What really sucked was being on call 24/7 365. I got a call Christmas morning 2007 that a furnace wouldn't fire and production completely stopped. Only to drive 3 hrs to work to flip a breaker that tripped because the producing crew refused to do it because "it's not their job"(exact words from asshat) only to get fired due to owner running business into ground. Rant over.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.