Does your job suck? What do you do? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #46
Barcus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
I ****ing hate school. With a passion. I'm constantly thinking of what it would be like to just have a job.

When I had my summer job I worked for my uncle. It varied from mowing yards, bush hogging pastures, to laying brick and cutting trees. There were days I hated it but for the most part I loved it. I was doing what I loved, out in the country.

I wish I had an actual job...

Any entrepreneur's here? Me and a couple buddies are trying to open a t-shirt business then expand to more clothing/accessories. I may just start another thread on this...
Dude stay in school. I never finished my degree and I regret it. Now Im going to go back to school at night/ online after work and my kids go to sleep.

Unread 11-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #47
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
I'm an RN on a Tele/Oncology floor. We can go from having great amazing patients, to oh what the hell do I have to give them to sleep through the night. I love what I do, but am moving to ICU here shortly hopefully.

I'm an ICU RN working weekend option nights, studying to be a nurse practitioner. I work every Fri, Sat Sun night and only get 4 weekends off a year.

During the week I work PRN at a maximum security prison providing free medical care to killers and rapists.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #48
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Some pretty neat jobs on here.

Some days I wish I wasn't in the office, but on site getting to play with the machines again.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I just had a job haha
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #50
titomars
1981 CJ7 

I have been a mechanic almost my life. I had to retire from turning wrenches due to health issues a few years ago. Now I am an apartment maintenance man for a retirement complex. while I loved the work of wrenching I did work for a few places I hated. my current job I mostly like. It has its days too.
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #51
OustedJeep
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I work for Papa Johns. I deliver pizza's outta the XJ. I go through about 1/2 tank on a good night. :/

I love to drive and I love my Jeep... but this ain't the vehicle to do it in.

I make 30-40 on a good night, most of that goes to gas.

My other job is as an Intern Mechanic at a local shop here in town. I went to Nashville Auto Diesel but F'd around and didn't learn what I needed to. So, I'm back learning it again. I love what I do, and can fix anything that goes wrong on the jeep for just parts cost. And then I'll know how to do it in the future. :]
OustedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #52
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthole View Post
I'm a factory worker I bounce around from job to job (when somebody is out sick) get paid no better than the lady that vaccines out the boxes and stands in one place all night. But I build coffins not a typical job but it pays the bills
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardusa View Post
I'm retired and do as I please. More than once after washing my Jeep Commander I've found myself driving over the bridge into Destin, Florida 14 hours later. We live in a beautiful country and I intend to see all I can before I take the big dirt nap. I was in the same profession for 35 years. Every job no matter how exciting in the beginning starts to suck after a few years. I'm been retired since 2005 and so far have not seen any downside of sleeping in and not answering to anyone but myself.
I'm glad you all have jobs. I was fortunate to have never been unemployed in my lifetime.
HT

Hey!

Maybe he can hook you up

...just messing
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #53
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx

hey!

Maybe he can hook you up

...just messing
wow!!! Lmao!!!
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #54
ZachAttack923
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i am a lifeguard at a high end country club. its a sweet gig, free food when i want it, 40 min on 40 min off, $20 per half hour swim lesson. it also can suck when you have to screw with the pumps or chems. i am also the head guard so i make the schedule every week, deal with complainants, ect. plus since i can fix anything(my jeep is a rolling tool box) i have to fix the pumps all the time. i love it though.

at school i work in the sports center in the back as a field manger on Sundays from noon to 4, so i sit around and watch football.

i also have an internship that pay me very well for the data analysis i do for the company.
2.5L Low Output #923
White Jeep Club #923
1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L AX-5 D30/35 4.10 gears
31in Wildcat A/T's
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_niko View Post
I would be as nervous as a virgin on prom night if I had to drive that
ZachAttack923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #55
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I work on the management team of a mortgage servicing call center. I love my job...okay...my job kind of sucks, but it's the first place I've worked, i my life, that the leadership generally knows more then me. That's a comfort. I've also learned a lot about mortgages and that has helped me and family members in more ways then one.
Trons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #56
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dude. I would love to do most of these jobs!
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i work at a gas station. im basically the assistant manager. i deal with crap from customers all the time but overall its ok. the thing that gets to me is that i work for a multi million dollar corporation and they start ppl out at .25 above min wage then after a year give you a $0.16 raise and make a big deal about it like they are going to go broke. i skipped a few steps so i get paid ok after only a year but not nearly enough for what i do..... i go above and beyond at my job and i get paid the same as others in my position at other stores who dont do anything but yea its an ok job. just gotta keep it up for a few more months till i graduate
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #58
portcityXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcus View Post
Retail jobs will suck the life force out of a zombie.
sig worthy

My job sucks too. I work part-time for a party rental store. I deliver chairs, tables, tents, and the like, and keep up the warehouses and rental equipment, and maintenance on the delivery trucks. I make a pretty decent hourly rate for what the job is, but believe me, i have earned it. we run a small crew of about 2-4 guys depending on the need. for some reason, only morons are attracted to this place and i get stuck with some real lazy SOBs, so i end up doing most of the work anyways.

i think maybe the worst part, to me, is delivering and setting up all this crap for these super rich folks, and getting treated like garbage the whole time. i was asked to leave a customers house once by the butler bc my work shirt had a small hole it and a bleach stain.

Im 23, working on my bachelors degree in biology since my AS in comp. aided drafting/design didn't aid in finding a career. oh well. I like to work, and am grateful to have a job, but some decent coworkers would be nice. hopefully only a couple more years of this junk.

anyways, to all:
be grateful for your job, and take advantage of any opportunities for learning skills at your job(s). Work hard and be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRollerSkate View Post
Do they come in any other varieties besides crap?
portcityXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #59
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjtoy View Post
That's pretty easy to do now a days. College degrees are worth nothing now a days. Articles all the time on the news and in papers about this. Fricken Waste Management garbage collectors make more than some BS or BA degree people. The golden years are long gone.

Oh and I love my job. Fortune 100 company and work from home if I am not travelling. Love it!

Get a degree in something you love, Mechanical Engineering, and do something you love to do, design munitions under government contract at Picatinny Arsenal in NJ.
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #60
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i work at mcdonalds, mostly it sucks, but i work with a few good people and we have fun. im hopefully going back to school, i cant decide if i want to go for a business, Agribusiness, or ag ed degree.
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.